WDYWT - February 05, 2017 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2017

WDYWT - February 05, 2017 - Streetwear

WDYWT - February 05, 2017 - Streetwear


WDYWT - February 05, 2017

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 12:07 AM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - February 05, 2017

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 12:07 AM PST

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Took a fit pic a day for a few months. Here are some of my favorites. (Personal Inspo Album)

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 12:35 PM PST

Hila klein inspo album

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 09:44 PM PST

First Melbourne streetwear / underground society meet up. First post be nice :P

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 02:57 AM PST

Thrifted this jacket in town, I'm a sucker for floral.

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 03:25 PM PST

Thought I would share some pieces from my collection

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 10:19 AM PST

[PICK UP] Gucci Mane shirt

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 09:11 PM PST

New ricks and Acne crew neck

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 03:04 PM PST

[PICK UP] Northface Jacket

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 09:52 PM PST

Dropped from 227 pounds last October to 191 right now. Decided to treat myself to a nice shirt and a pair of shoes I've been eyeing on

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 06:16 AM PST

My Techwear collection so far (Jackets, Pants, Bags, Shoes)

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 07:38 AM PST

Hi guys, recently I've been seeing a lot of Techwear in this sub, so I thought I would share my Techwear collection with you guys. First of all the reason I chose to follow Techwear as my "signature style" was because of its emphasis in minimalism and practicality; as an avid biker and runner I thought that my hobbies aligned with what Techwear was all about. Although some pieces were difficult to get, I hope that I can convince you guys that some Techwear pieces aren't so expensive as it seems. Personally I try to experiment with Techwear using unconventional pieces in the genre such as coats, tyvek jackets, and scarves. I'm honestly really happy to see more Techwear fits in this sub, and I hope you guys enjoy my collection.

Jackets:

TILAK: Ventile Coat

Basic Techwear coat from Czech Techwear brand TILAK. Although the brand isn't that famous among Techwear enthusiasts, some pieces (including the Ventile Coat) are coproduced by the boss Errolson Hughes himself. The jacket offers great ventilation, water resistance, and wind resistance, and compared to other Techwear jackets it's unusually versatile.

Fit

STAMPD x PUMA Strapped Outerwear

This technical coat is basically an Acronym jacket on a budget. The shoulder straps inside the coat allows you to hang your coat from your shoulders, exactly like an Acronym jacket. It's very gimmicky, but I think the coat is technical enough (water and wind resistant) even when excluding the shoulder strap gimmick.

Fit

Stone Island Crinkle Jacket (Okay not sure what it's really called but let's just say Crinkle Jacket)

Technical jacket that is water and wind resistant. Jacket is more versatile and "casual" than other Techwear jackets out in the market, but there's enough to the design that makes it technical and practical at the same time.

Fit

Y3 Sport Approach Jacket

Jacket from the 2016 spring / summer season of Y3 Sport. It was originally intended for running, but considering that it was on an 80% sale rack at a store in Tokyo I couldn't sleep on it. Jacket is completely water resistant, wind resistance, and offers great ventilation from the small holes on the back. It's also pretty baggy on the shoulders and around the hips for maximum flexibility.

Fit

UEG CAUTION MACHINE Tyvek Jacket

UEG is honestly the most underrated Techwear brands out there. The jacket is made 100% out of Tyvek, which is commonly used in construction sites and priority mail envelopes (yes I know it sounds absurd). The grid pattern and the unusual texture reeks of Lunarcore, and the paper thin jacket provides great ventilation and water resistance.

Fit (Fit is with a scarf from UEG)

UNIQLO Blocktech Parka

This is for a try hard Techwear "on a budget" fit. The jacket is priced at about $60, and considering the price the jacket offers water and wind resistance. The jacket comes with two pockets on the side with velcro tapes and zippers. It looks convincing, it's cheap, and it's water resistance, and I think it's a great piece for people who are looking into affordable technical jackets.

Fit

Hoodies:

I don't really view hoodies as much of a priority considering that the jackets cover up 90% of the fabric. Any athletic hoodie will work, and in my case I wear the Adidas Climcool hoodie.

Adidas Climacool Hoodie

Basic athletic hoodie from Adidas that I copped at a discount. Really not much to explain here other than the Climacool technology, but that's also pretty much self explanatory.

Pants:

Enfin Leve Ergoi Cotton Poplin Sweatpants

Zipper pants with beige drawstrings. Pants are literally paper thin to the point that I can't really feel most of the material around my thighs. Although the pants aren't that tapered around the ankles, the paper thin fabric creates stacks that is reminiscent of some technical pants.

*Pants can be seen on fitpic for TILAK, UEG, and UNIQLO Blocktech.

United Arrows: Monkey Time Joggers

Basic cuffed joggers from Japanese brand United Arrows. Although cuffed joggers gets a lot of hate here I think it looks good when it's worn with the right shoes. Personally I like to wear them with my Tubular Dooms to create this "shoes connected to the pants" look.

*Pants can be seen on fitpic for Y-3, STAMPD, and Stone Island.

H&M Twill Zipper Pants

Pretty much self explanatory, basic versatile twill zipper pants from H&M that everybody wears.

Bags

Cote & Ciel Isar Icelandic Ash Backpack

Not exactly technical but the unconventional design of the bag gives a futuristic look to my fit. I was lucky enough to get it at a third of the retail price from my friend, but if you have some disposable income I highly suggest that you take a look at Cote & Ciel.

Shoes:

Self explanatory, but the important thing that I considered is that my shoes didn't really have to be Qasas or Acronym Prestos. I started to notice that almost any all black trainers worked with a Techwear fit, and finding an alternative to expensive shoes such as Qasas saved a few hundred bucks from my wallet.

Adidas Tubular Doom - Triple Black & Core Black

Adidas Tubular X Triple Black

Adidas: Ultra Boost 2.0

Nike AirForce1 Flyknit

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for reading!

Some extra fits (Non Techwear fits combined)

Shameless Insta promotion

submitted by /u/rataface
[link] [comments]

$4 find at Value Village, Adidas Parrot Farm Arara

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 12:37 PM PST

Thrifted $10 Canadian Military Jacket

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 07:16 PM PST

Evergreen

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 07:43 PM PST

Retro Streetwear Chick

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 12:14 AM PST

[Thrifted] $5 marc new york jacket, thoughts?

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 01:10 PM PST

Found some Doc's for 25$ at my local thrift store

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 07:26 PM PST

K-pop/케이팝 Inspo Album 7

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 03:57 PM PST

[Pick Up] Some classic Black Converse high tops

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 08:44 PM PST

Can someone find a hoodie similar to this? i like the look of the fixed hood

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 02:04 AM PST

North Face Mountain Quest jacket in black for $62 get it while you can

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 03:31 PM PST

Techwear is not just water resistance and black; Techwear Explained

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 02:35 AM PST

[LPU] H&M Poncho

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 12:57 PM PST

Inspo album stuff from the past couple months

Posted: 04 Feb 2017 04:49 PM PST

Getting into street wear, but on a tight budget!

Posted: 05 Feb 2017 12:01 AM PST

Hey guys, new to the sub and I need some advice on some good online stores to buy basics from ( tees, hoodies, jeans etc ). I'm on a tight budget, but I don't want to throw my money around and end up with shitty quality items. I'm from the UK, I've seen people talk about asos, h & m etc but I feel people have mixed reviews and honestly I'm quite stuck. I really want to get the basics first but I don't know which store has the better value for basics

Thanks :)

submitted by /u/nodoornumber4
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment