WDYWT - January 24, 2017 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

WDYWT - January 24, 2017 - Streetwear

WDYWT - January 24, 2017 - Streetwear


WDYWT - January 24, 2017

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 08:04 AM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - January 24, 2017

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 08:05 AM PST

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Made my own clothes rack, what do you think?

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 12:04 PM PST

[LPU] Rick Soccs + sink fit (Xpost MF)

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 01:14 PM PST

Found a little streetwear art in my local sushi spot.

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 08:36 PM PST

[LPU] Ronin Cognac Hoodie + Gucci-Style Camera Strap

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 08:15 PM PST

Wearing fits to school

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 01:58 PM PST

I know this has been posted about a lot, so I apologize, but whenever I see posts where people complain that kids at school don't understand pinrolling jeans, or make fun of them for dressing well, their story a little different than what happens with me and people I know.

I'm a senior in high school, ready for college, and for the past two years I've been building my wardrobe through H&M, thrifting, Urban Outfitters, and even some uncommon pieces like the spao x pokemon sweatshirts. I look around for anything that looks dope, and if I can afford it I'll pull the trigger.

Now no one ever is mean to my face, like in the stories I hear. People will say things out of curiosity, like: "why are you rolling up your jeans, are they too long?". And right after buying a denim jacket and sending a fit pick to one of my good friends he told me not to wear it because I'll look too weird. But that's not even it.

It's the assumptions people make about me in their head. For example, I started talking to this girl who was in one of my classes last year. After we had been talking for a while she says to me "You know, I used to think you were gay until I got to know you." Another friend of mine told me he heard kids talking about me saying I "dress weird" and "they aren't sure if I'm gay or not". Instead of making fun of me, people are just confused or concerned in some cases.

It's just really frustrating. I have nothing against being gay, but it hurts my chances with girls if they assume that. Guys seem hesitant to talk to me because of how I dress. And it's not my social skills or anything like that. Once I start talking to people, I can easily become good friends with them. What I'm saying is streetwear is causing people to judge me more since I seem to stand out, and it creates a first impression that isn't ideal.

I don't even dress that weird. I wear skinny black jeans, stans, and sweatshirts. Sometimes I wear lightwash jeans and boots. But whenever I walk around the school, I just feel like everyone is judging me. I used to be more confident and wore whatever and thought it was dope. But now that I hear that girls thought I was gay, guys think I'm weird, and stuff like that, it kinda makes me want to just blend in.

I see people here saying "Now that I've joined this sub, I judge everyone for what they wear! That kid with bootcut jeans, I know it's wrong but I judge him for it!" but these people don't get that the same thing is happening to them. The majority of people will judge you negatively for dressing well if not many people do. It really makes me want to quit streetwear, and I don't really know how to deal with this. It's not as simple as saying "fuck it, I don't care what other people think!" because being well liked and easily approachable is actually really useful and what most people want.

Sorry for the rant lol, insecure boys we out here.

submitted by /u/fettys
[link] [comments]

I don't know how sketchers got away with this

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 03:18 PM PST

Sickkkkkkk! New balance making moves

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 10:32 AM PST

The Supreme x Louis Vuittion Trunk Will Cost $68,500

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 03:43 PM PST

[LPU] SF AF1 'Black Gums' - Wearing for that Jap and Korea weather

Posted: 25 Jan 2017 01:25 AM PST

[LPU] Champion hoodie found at goodwill for $5

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 07:58 PM PST

Anyone find any additional info on these?

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 09:34 AM PST

Personal inspo album, mostly Palewave and monochrome.

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 10:25 AM PST

New Hypland Black History Month flag hoodie

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 08:05 PM PST

Supreme Hoodie in Vintage Videogame Ad

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 02:46 AM PST

[pickup] adidas accidentally sent me two pairs of alphabounces

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 12:59 PM PST

Thoughts on jean jacket?

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 05:47 PM PST

DAZED: Yohji Yamamoto on how not to be a fashion victim

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 08:25 AM PST

Followup to my last post: here's what my graphic would look like on a denim jacket

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 03:33 PM PST

I just shot my first "real" look book for some hoodies i released. What do you guys think?

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 03:29 PM PST

PICKUP: Bape Shark hoodie.

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 04:43 PM PST

Definitely looks like Jerry is taking inspiration from Rick Owens

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 01:23 PM PST

Thrifted wool coat

Posted: 24 Jan 2017 11:25 AM PST

Just finished drawing this street wear piece, let me know what you think!

Posted: 25 Jan 2017 12:32 AM PST

1 comment: