WDYWT - January 14, 2019 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Monday, January 14, 2019

WDYWT - January 14, 2019 - Streetwear

WDYWT - January 14, 2019 - Streetwear


WDYWT - January 14, 2019

Posted: 14 Jan 2019 04:17 AM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - January 14, 2019

Posted: 14 Jan 2019 04:16 AM PST

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[ART] Drew a hoodie I really wanted on my bus ride to DC

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 06:38 PM PST

[WDYWT] patterndiving

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 01:53 PM PST

[ART] I make abstract paintings, so I figured I should paint on a jacket!

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 08:50 AM PST

[Inspo] Spring/Summer 2019 Aesthetic: Ivy League x Streetwear

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 11:18 AM PST

inspo album

tune 1

tune 2

I also wrote about it here on medium.com.

It's that time of year where I'm looking into other shit to wear. Workwear is great, but I want to mix it up a little bit. Something I haven't really looked deeply into would be Ivy League style.

Nowadays, a lot of streetwear and high fashion companies are going back towards traditional tailoring, which is honestly pretty dope seeing as everyone at this point should be tired of the anti-fashion aesthetic that's been running rampant for the past 2 years. This should be something a little fresh for the eyes to see.

Key Notes:

  • A shitload of Noah NYC (my personal favorite brand of all time next to Carhartt WIP), BEAMS+, and some Rowing Blazers and Ralph Lauren.

  • A lot of scans from Take Ivy and some from Ametora. If you don't know, both of these books emphasize Japan's obsession with Ivy League style. Take Ivy is more so 2 Japanese dudes going to the US and capturing the everyday life of Ivy League culture, while Ametora is about how Japan single-handedly revived Ivy League and Americana styles.

  • A lot of looks are the Japanese take on Ivy League. I like the fact that they utilize more streetwear looks through the aesthetic. What's interesting is that a lot more of the looks are pretty out of the ordinary compared to the traditional American market.

  • The idea kind of focuses on good tailoring and boastful colors/patterns

Enjoy!

submitted by /u/midnghttt
[link] [comments]

[ART] From drawing to finish product : ethnic bag

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 10:36 AM PST

[REVIEW] Back again with another affordable clothing video this time ill be showing you where to buy the best affordable turtlenecks

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 04:03 PM PST

[ADVERT] ColorBlock Corduroy Blouson Jacket Restocked

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 09:33 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] how to put streetwear “twist” on Irish fisherman sweater?

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 10:18 PM PST

Posted to mfa but got sniped. So I'm currently in school and r/mfa is usually too fancy for school attire, but I recently received a lot of Irish fisherman sweaters? ( I don't know the term) And wanted to implement them into my daily outfit. Anyways I wanted to know how to put a modern twist on them, to make them suitable for every-day wear. Also on how to store them because I read about not hanging them. Thanks!

submitted by /u/inderviee
[link] [comments]

[REVIEW] VANS OLD SKOOL 'CHECKERED' ON FEET REVIEW (3 PANTS)

Posted: 14 Jan 2019 04:00 AM PST

[discussion] Anyone know what hoodie this is?

Posted: 14 Jan 2019 02:39 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] who/what is surviving 2019?

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 03:56 PM PST

maybe it's too early to say, but it's fun to speculate. all through 2018 i've been seeing that fashion is becoming a lot more decentralized and eclectic. it's more than just supreme, bape, and fog in the mainstream, and guys like a$ap rocky, kanye, and even jonah hill are becoming more diverse and focusing more on aesthetics and less on brands. the hypebeasts/jerry boys are either dying or becoming less prevalent in 2019, and people are dressing in shit they feel and not whatever is cool (unless ur that kind of guy in this sub. u know who u are). so what's surviving 2019? what brands and trends are sticking. and are we gonna see an uptick in diversity and wearing things outside of trends and hype this year?

submitted by /u/Attack_of_the_bees
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Pirate themed clothing

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 10:03 PM PST

Im looking for some street wear brands that have pirate graphics or designs; skull crossbones, flags, etc Any help or point in the right direction would be appreciated

submitted by /u/carlosap1126
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] COUNTY OF MILAN

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 09:32 AM PST

[Discussion] what’s everyone’s honest opinion on Stussy?

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 08:30 AM PST

[Discussion] Adererror

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 12:18 PM PST

What's your opinions on Adererror?

submitted by /u/SM-trashcare
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] so-street-my-journey-from-streetwear-to-high-fashion-and-back-part-6

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 09:30 PM PST

[DISCUSSION]Any pants with a unique Design that come to your mind that would match with the cav empt x nike airmax 95?

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 03:28 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] Help me find out what T-Shirt A$AP Rocky is wearing here?

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 08:26 AM PST

I've watched the video and tried to work out some of the letters but I can't figure it out Picture

submitted by /u/BusinessStorageBox
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Difference between normal Champion reverse-weave hoodies and the 80th anniversary edition? Is the anniversary edition of inferior quality?

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 10:54 AM PST

Is there a difference in quality or style between the normal reverse weave Champion hoodies and their 80th anniversary edition? I really like the style of the normal ones and I was wondering why their 80th anniversary edition is on clearance -- is it because it is of inferior quality/style?

What does Champion Life mean and why is the C on the chest missing? It is present on the white colorway

Here is the particular anniversary one I am referring to: https://www.champion.com/shop/champion/to-follow-gf68-y07467-1?categoryId=57111

submitted by /u/kungfukennyS
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Need fit ideas/Inspo

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 08:32 PM PST

I'm going on a trip in a week and it's gonna be below 20 degrees the whole time. I have a week to shop and get some cozy fits prepared. Any ideas from thy streetwear community?

submitted by /u/TheDongYT
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Need help creating a new wardrobe

Posted: 13 Jan 2019 07:19 AM PST

So, long story short, I have decided that I'm going to need a wardrobe.

Pretty much all of the stuff I currently have are meme shirts/hoodies etc. from when I was in high school (Examples: Loads from thatshirtwascash, and several animal hoodies from The Colored House)

Never really cared about all the fashion stuff, but with a new year starting and having seen alot I've decided that I want a new wardrobe.

The problem, however, is that I have no idea on where to start.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd gladly take them.

Budget-wise, I'd be looking at around 500 EUR.

With this budget, I'd have to start from scratch (I plan on donating some of the more 'normal' stuff to charity once I finished my new wardrobe)

Background info: I'm 18 years old, and I'm from The Netherlands (If that's important)

The only thing that's a must is that there's several pieces I can use to cover my arms, as I have tattoos on my shoulders and my fore-arm, and those need to be covered for some occasions

submitted by /u/CinqueIzumi
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment