Weekly Pickup - September 16, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

Weekly Pickup - September 16, 2018 - Streetwear

Weekly Pickup - September 16, 2018 - Streetwear


Weekly Pickup - September 16, 2018

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the Weekly Pickup thread!


If you're looking to show off your newest pickup then you're in the right place! This is a great place to share your newest item/s and get some feedback on how they look and how to wear them.

Remember: you can always submit a review thread if you want to go more in depth!


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] grass type pokémon gym leader

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 07:47 AM PDT

[INSPO] Skate/Comfy/Otherstuff

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 03:52 PM PDT

[Discussion]Where did you buy your rings?

Posted: 17 Sep 2018 12:28 AM PDT

I am looking to buy more rings to add to my collection, which only consists of a rose ring from The Great Frog so far.

Where did you guys buy your rings and what stores do you recommend (except Etsy, eBay, Ali etc)?

I live in NYC, so if there are any good stores here please comment the name.

All the love.

submitted by /u/Wachvris
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] My first time customizing/making my own clothes :-)

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 11:27 AM PDT

[discussion] What's your guys favourite hairstyles that aren't the standard look?

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 04:31 PM PDT

What's some styles you guys are rocking / wish you could rock?

I live in Toronto and it seems the standard is the mid fade with a long top. The top varies between being wild or being a combover.

To make the word count, here's just some preface as to why I'm asking. I'm trying to get away from the standard haircut but I'm not really the avant garde type and I don't think I can pull off hair like A$AP Rocky (not that it'd look good on me anyways) or a buzz cut (my head not shaped for it) but I still wanna try new things. At the very least, get some new ideas so I can just see / try out the new cut. I can't grow my hair out long because then it just makes my head look even bigger and the hair just piles on the sides and doesn't have a nice flow like some people in fashion circles.

submitted by /u/rakiim
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] deja vu

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 08:00 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] I wanna know more about russian streetwear

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 05:41 PM PDT

Hello fellow human being,

To put it simply I wanna know more about russian streetwear brand, but im no russian myself and except Gosha I dont really know shit about that. So I was thinking about the fact that this sub is full of intelectual that'd know this kinda thing, that brought me here. If you like some russian designer/brand/anything related to streetwear go ahead post ! i'm looking forward to your answer !

sorry for my probably horrible english I wasnt born with the right language to communicate with on the internet

submitted by /u/LaksasTheTrap
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Best basics for a budget

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 08:06 AM PDT

So im looking to purchase new basics but i have a very hard time finding basics that are both good quality, fit great and doesn't break the bank. Im mostly looking for:

  • Straight leg Trousers
  • Basic t-shirts
  • Oversized Sweatshirts
  • Thin socks

I have found that Uniqlo is a great source for T-shirts but i find it very hard to find decent trousers that doesn't look like they come straight out of h&m. My budget is currently about 300€ for basics so i still have money for statement pieces

I really hope some of you in here know some great places for basics ( No h&m, asos or zara please )

submitted by /u/math578q
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Advice on pants or jeans

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 04:58 PM PDT

I am in need of some pants advice. All my pants are getting super old and damaged and instead of fixing them up I would rather just buy some new pairs of jeans/pants. I have had Ksubi and Acne denim but I am trying to stay away from the more higher end stuff and go budget to get more quantity at this point. I do have thicker thighs so I am looking for something with a little more spandex and some of these I require to wear to work so I have to avoid distressing but subtle distressing is okay. I was looking at mnml but would love some advice.

Thanks /r/streetwear

submitted by /u/neemamahmoodi
[link] [comments]

[REVIEW] Ray Ban RB2140 Wayfarers - Coolest Sunglasses in History

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 02:57 PM PDT

How is something like this even streetwear?

Posted: 16 Sep 2018 03:16 PM PDT

How is a fit like this even streetwear. It honestly looks like borderline instagram cosplay and reminds me of something a homeless person would wear with the paint smeared jeans. Ripped jeans are even closer to what a homeless person would wear. Not to mention the oversized trashbag of a tee shirt looks ridiculous. Dude looks like a folded outdoor umbrella.

Not only that, but there's no sense of "street", only suburban white and asian kids dress like this outside of advertisements, and there's 0 creativity involved since you can construct a similar outfit by making a single stop at h&m or pacsun.

How is any more "streetwear" than a lookbook outfit from any other mall brand such as american eagle or jcrew, which can also be worn on the street? Is this satire?

submitted by /u/13ae
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment