WDYWT - July 05, 2017 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Thursday, July 6, 2017

WDYWT - July 05, 2017 - Streetwear

WDYWT - July 05, 2017 - Streetwear


WDYWT - July 05, 2017

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 01:08 PM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Fit Battle SS17 Finals Submissions OPEN

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 02:22 PM PDT

Hey guys,


Here is the updated bracket for the SS17 fit battle.

If you have progressed to the finals. Please submit your fit pics to

redditstreetwearfitbattle@gmail.com

It would be great if all the pictures were submitted as imgur links.

You have this long to submit your fit pic.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Please leave your username in the title section of the email in the format listed below to decrease the time it takes me to identify all 128+ images, download them and then re-upload them into Imgur albums.

/u/YOURUSERNAME SS17 fit battle round 6 entry

3. Please either attach your images to the email or upload them to your own seperate Imgur and then leave the link in the email.

4. Please No more than 3 images & You must be present in the image (No outfit grids or random image of your Geobaskets)

5. NO DIRTY MIRROR SELFIES

6. There will be no individual reminders or second chances to submit your fit pics.

7 To prevent any further with image mixups, Please only submit a picture that you'd be happy with being judged from. (No more random leg shots or feet shots)

Good luck guys

Link to previous round


Semi-finalists should have been added to the whitelist now.

submitted by /u/PalaceKicks
[link] [comments]

took an xacto knife to a Palace sticker, where do you guys put your stickers?

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 08:33 PM PDT

The Noxious Ninja ⚠️

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 05:00 AM PDT

Brands that make good striped shirts other than Guess?

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 10:28 AM PDT

I enjoy fashion and art

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 09:54 AM PDT

Celine Dion Flexin' on Road in her SupVuitton Jammies

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 05:44 AM PDT

Dover Street Market is coming to LA next March

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 01:25 PM PDT

Affordable Hoodies?

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 03:33 PM PDT

I'm trying to find some nice hoodies but i can't seem to find anything with the right fit. I want an oversized fit but not too big. Does anybody know some good websites?

submitted by /u/skiXmask
[link] [comments]

Different Styles of Jackets to Get You Ready For Winter

Posted: 06 Jul 2017 04:02 AM PDT

Purchased Common Projects from END's summer sale and they sent me a used/damaged shoe • [xpost r/Sneakers]

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 10:45 AM PDT

Zomby's recent Supreme x LV haul

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 08:33 PM PDT

What wallets do you guys use?

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 01:04 PM PDT

title pretty much. How do y'all lug around your dough?

My dog ate mine so I need to get a new one

submitted by /u/StreetwearGuy
[link] [comments]

Essential hoodies?

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 03:07 PM PDT

there is no general discussion thread today because of the fit battle is what it seems, so what do you guys think are essential hoodie colors to have? I sort of want to get a pale yellow or a mint colored one.

submitted by /u/dreamlesswanderer
[link] [comments]

Everyone's favorite fitness clothing brands?

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 09:29 PM PDT

This topic was removed from r/fitness for being off-topic so I moved it here. Anyway, here are some of my faves:

Nike

Rise

Alpha

I'm curious what everyone else is wearing these days

submitted by /u/digitalWizzzard
[link] [comments]

Who do you follow on Insta for inspo?

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 09:18 AM PDT

Original post I commented on was deleted right as I posted my response and I spent a fat minute putting my list together so I didn't want that to go to waste, so I decided to remake the post. Here's my list:

Not all are streetwear per say but these are some of my favorite accounts/people

@maison.ping

@cpeterspiano

@criminal_pink

@yjt

@chswlkr

@huntsdennis

@26idt4

@cj_hero

@yohjimang

@jah_eel

@wozzerd

@tomasedge_

@noahlikesclothes

@lucasdsantos123

@christoph.xx

@wesleymarbles

@chillwithraheel

@krist_offer

@jeythessi

@terrible.taste

@ambyance

@anguyen_boy

@thisistheodore

@ywel_

@pseudoipseity

@chrisgrech28

@the_paradox_of

@the3rdconch0rd_md

@jknowl3m

That's just a small list of some people that I came up with off the top of my head/through browsing my feed real quick, I'll update later if I come across any other accounts that come to mind.

submitted by /u/KonnieTheBlack
[link] [comments]

Dad hats

Posted: 06 Jul 2017 01:18 AM PDT

Do you think they will eventually be unpopular, or are they here to stay? What about flat-brimmed caps?

submitted by /u/varpaat
[link] [comments]

A guide to (under $2500) watches

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 11:26 AM PDT

I'm going to write a follow up guide to the one I posted earlier. We are going to kick the price up a bit and see what this price range has to offer. When we get up here we can start to look into more Swiss watches. It is also important to note that this is when you are going to want to get you watched serviced, and take care of them. If you do they can last for generations. Without further delay here are my picks for watches under 2500 that work with the streetwear style. I will include the prices for these pieces new in USD.

Longines:

Hydroconquest Automatic $900: https://cdn2.jomashop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/360x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/o/longines-hydroconquest-black-dial-automatic-mens-watch-l36423567.jpg

This model does come in a quartz version as well for less($700)

Hydroconquest Automatic Chronograph($1,400) https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71bA%2B6U-9oL._UY445_.jpg

Also comes in quartz for less($970)

Heritage L3.674.4.50.0($1,500): https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0506/8037/products/L3.674.4.50.0.png?v=1454975614

Cleaner, classic look.

Conquest GMT($1,000):https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/cd/4d/06/cd4d06b2bb22d7fb7bea2db030df9c7c--makeup-longines-conquest.jpg

Oris:

Aquis Date($1,000): https://cdn2.jomashop.com/media/catalog/product/o/r/oris-aquis-date-automatic-black-dial-mens-watch-01-733-7653-4128-07-8-26-01peb.jpg

Comes in a variety of colors

TT3 Chronograph($2,000): https://cdn2.jomashop.com/media/catalog/product/o/r/oris-tt3-chronograph-black-carbon-dial-black-rubber-mens-automatic-watch-67475877264rs-01-674-7587-7264-07-4-28-02t.jpg

Aviation BC4 Chronograph($2,200): http://www.watchtrader.com.au/media/pics/site/imagecache/D/D/DDEE8AD0B26DA7ABFE9B409400E9691F.jpg

BC4 Flight Timer($2,000): http://www.worldwatchreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/oris-bc4-flight-timer.jpg

Bell and Ross

BRS-BL-CEM($1,800): http://static.rox.co.uk/product_images/image/8e/BRS-BL-CEM.jpg

I was torn if I should include Bell and Ross at all. They are a husk of what they once were and they are largely overpriced for what you are getting movement wise. They do however have a pleasing look that does go well with this overall look just be warned if you do want to buy one you are over paying.

Breitling

Colt Sky racer($2,200): https://www.breitling.com/media/image/0/base/colt-skyracer-1-1.png

Brand new watch from breitling. It is quartz but man is it pretty. The whole colt lineup can be had for under 2,500 but you would have to go for a used one. This though, brand new will run you under $2,500.

Fortis

Marine Master($1,000): https://www.fortis-swiss.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/marinemaster-670-17-41-K-2.jpg

Comes in a whole bunch of colors

Spacematic($900): http://www.fortis-watches.com/cache/36cd24565928669e1ad8e9d2b712b977.jpg

Really elegant design

Hamilton

Ventura XL($800): http://awatch4u.com/mipimages/hamilton/HML-H24655331_1.jpg

If you want something different

Khaki Navy Frog man($700): http://www.hamiltonwatch.com/sites/default/files/styles/watch-full-2x/public/h77605335.png?itok=hXToAg8H

Omega (most omegas at this price will be quartz. Used you can pick up some automatics.)

Sea master Aqua Terra($2,000): https://www.omegawatches.com/images/Watches/Soldier/23110396006001.png

James Bond Seamaster($800+): http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/sites/default/files/styles/fancybox_popup/public/images/product/ga004-omega-2541-80.jpg?itok=RLqy1lN_

Daniel Craig's watch in the bond movies. The quartz model is readily available secondhand all over the place. Prices go from 800 and up.. I wouldn't spend more then $1,100 on one.

Raymond Weil

Freelancer 2754-BKR-05200($1,100): https://cdn2.jomashop.com/media/catalog/product/r/a/raymond-weil-freelancer-black-dial-automatic-men_s-sports-watch-2754-bkr-05200.jpg

Really cool design

Rolex(WHAT I THOUGHT THOSE WERE LIKE 100K)

Vintage DateJust: http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s386/ceremony/photo_zpsac958123.jpg

It is very possible to get a vintage DateJust for around $2,500. Later I will be linking a site to go from trustworthy secondhand watches. There are no new rolexes you are picking up for this price so be very weary of anyone trying to sell you a new submariner/explorer/GMT/daytona for this price. Quick tips: if you put the watch to your hear and you can hear it, it's fake(with few exceptions), the date Cyclops is 2.5x so if the date isn't popping out its fake. If it isn't heavy, it's probably fake. There are a million ways to tell those are just the easiest if you don't know what you are looking for.

So I don't go on forever im going to cut off my individual piece recommendations there. Other good companies to look at in this price range are Sinn, Alpina, and Ball.

I excluded Tag because I can't in good faith reccomend anything in this price range. You are paying for Chris hemswroth to be pointing at you on the poster. That isn't to say tag is all bad just the lines that fall into this price I find to be largely not worth at and depreciate an absurd amount.

Some helpful sites to look for watches that are trusted by the community would be https://www.jomashop.com for new watches and www.chrono24.com for used watches

If you are buying any watches off of craigslist etc please meet the person at an AD(Authorized Dealer) to verify it's authenticity before paying for it if you don't know exactly how to tell if it's real or not. There's no shame in that, I still do it, and I've been doing this for a while. I've had someone try to sell me a Rolex case with a swapped out movement. Only way to be sure is to take the case back off.

As before any questions, comments or if you have your own suggestions comment away.

submitted by /u/snufflezzz
[link] [comments]

Shirt battle: SLP vs McQ [xpost r/Malefashionadvice]

Posted: 06 Jul 2017 03:01 AM PDT

I love the SLP look, but I'm short and stocky and have ended up before with things that just don't work on my frame, so I'm adding items to my collection very carefully.

My current mission is to find a simple white button-up shirt that I can wear untucked.

I recently bought an SLP shirt at a massive 70% off, and a McQ by Alexander McQueen at 60% off, so they don't have a big price difference between them.

ALBUM, Slp first then McQ

Being an SLP fanboy, I WANT to like the SLP shirt more, and it has a thicker, more substantial fabric (The transparent McQ shirt needs an undershirt). But it's longer than my dress shirts and I don't know if it looks properly "drapey" and natural, or if it's completely stupid and impossible to wear it untucked.

submitted by /u/renitmaiti
[link] [comments]

Best luxury looking watches under 50?

Posted: 06 Jul 2017 02:24 AM PDT

Who is the streetwear godfather?

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 07:08 PM PDT

If you had to pick one man or woman to be the staple of streetwear, who would it be and why?

submitted by /u/dumbtripn
[link] [comments]

Can we bring back the basement posts?

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 06:51 PM PDT

I'm not a member of the community, nor am I active on facebook so I couldn't join even if I wanted to. However, whoever was posting those "What the basement wore this month" posts could you bring that back? I really enjoyed looking at those albums for inspo and I'm finding this sub lacking in inspo albums.

submitted by /u/Trekage
[link] [comments]

Exploring Japanese Fashion: Underrated Brands

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 09:28 AM PDT

Ordered from SSense but never came?

Posted: 05 Jul 2017 06:14 PM PDT

Hey guys I need help with a situation as this has never happened before. I ordered a pair of Rag & Bones jeans from SSense and it was a 2 day shipping via DHL. I was really happy since I waited for the pair of jeans to go on sale for a long time. My brother stayed home all day because I told him that it may need a signature (DHL texted me this). He waited all day for the package. I was checking the tracking and it said it already delivered at 1:32PM (my time). There was even a signature that signed it and I didn't recognize it. I found out that my brother never got the package... So I called DHL and SSense and they both said they'll file a claim report but what the fuck is that going to do? DHL told me the "shipper" (SSense) authorized the carrier that a signature wasn't required?? Right now I'm just thinking why the fuck SSense would authorize a no signature required considering they sell high designer clothing. I've checked with neighbors and around the entire house and they all said they never saw a package. What can I do? Has anyone experienced this yet? This is my first time ordering from SSense and losing a package.

submitted by /u/wallyz12
[link] [comments]

stussy/champion/h&m/adidas

Posted: 06 Jul 2017 03:46 AM PDT

Best budget jeans?

Posted: 06 Jul 2017 03:41 AM PDT

I'm trying to buy some mid range priced jeans, I was looking to see if there's any Acne on sale but not finding any rn. I don't want hm jeans as my last pair became faded and ugly after a few wears. Any suggestions for 50-100$? Edit: cropped pants suggestions too pls

submitted by /u/mxfon
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment