Pop Shop Sunday - The marketplace thread - January 14, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Pop Shop Sunday - The marketplace thread - January 14, 2018 - Streetwear

Pop Shop Sunday - The marketplace thread - January 14, 2018 - Streetwear


Pop Shop Sunday - The marketplace thread - January 14, 2018

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 08:10 AM PST

Welcome to the Pop Shop Sunday!


If you're looking to add to your collection, clear out your closet, or offer something in trade, this is the thread to do it! As fair warning, we warn that you are dealing with strangers over the internet at your own risk, the moderation team nor reddit are liable for any shady dealings. Keep in mind, because we have this weekly thread for buying, selling, and trading, we will be removing any FS/FT posts made throughout the week. Post them up on Sundays.

Be smart, find ways to verify that users are who they say they are and have what they say they have.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Saw this on BPT

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 10:39 AM PST

Wanted to test my sewing capabilities, something new

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 06:46 PM PST

[WDYWT] I don't give a FRICK how it looks. Check. The tags.

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 01:27 PM PST

Air Max 98 "Gundam" releasing this week 1/18

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 06:58 PM PST

PSA: The new Raf Stans are actually dangerous to wear.

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 11:00 AM PST

http://www.trainersole.co.uk/images/s/sw01094.jpg

These are the ones I'm talking about. The leather & sole on these are EXTREMELY stiff and they barely bend. Not only that but the slippery leather insole makes your foot slide inside the shoes.

In August I tripped while wearing these. The Stans didn't give in at all so my tibia was in a fixed position and my upper leg slid over my knee resulting in a torn PCL, torn meniscus and a small fracture of my fibula. I was tied to my bed for a month, had to get surgery, needed a knee brace & crutches for months and I'm still in rehab. I can only walk for ~30 minutes before it becomes too painful to walk and I still haven't regained full extension/flexion of my leg.

I really didn't get how I injured myself that bad just from one fall but then my orthopedist, surgeon and my physiotherapist took a look at the shoes I was wearing when I fell and they all came to the conclusion that it was because of the Raf Stans and how stiff they are.

The last few months have been hard for me. I can't really do much at the moment and I won't be able to do proper sports for years. I feel constantly blocked and held back. A lot of my friendships have suffered from this as well because I can't really leave the house. I feel terrible for my family and how much of a burden I've been for them because of one fall. All of this just because of one fall and a pair of shoes.

Please be careful wearing these.

Some pics:

Right after the surgery, leg is super swollen https://i.imgur.com/XbGJr0a.jpg

Right after arriving at the hospital: https://i.imgur.com/mMNvUsA.png

EDIT: Yes, I know this probably doesn't just apply to Raf Stans. Yes, I know there are tons of other shoes with similar construction. It's just that I got my injury from those rafs, that's why I'm mentioning them by the name.

submitted by /u/mang263
[link] [comments]

Camila Cabrillo rocking Runway Off-White on Jimmy Fallon

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 07:56 PM PST

Hi im 16,I like these shoes but im afraid people will think im gay (don't mean to be offensive but thats how tenth grade is) because of the flowers (I want the blue colorway). Can you guys give me your honest opinion and help?

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 11:18 AM PST

Nike Vapormax/ Sockdart Concept

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 05:35 PM PST

Adidas X DBZ Ultra Tech “Vegeta”

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 08:53 PM PST

Adidas x Dragon Ball Z 2018 Rollout

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 09:17 PM PST

[WDYWT] HAVE THE PLUG ON SPEED DIAL • I CALLED IT AND IT WENT TO MY VOICEMAIL

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 03:17 PM PST

Don't give in to the trends, style yourself.

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 07:53 PM PST

There may be a large chunk of streetwear dedicated to being trendy and dressing according to what others think is cool, but I believe, and I think many of you do too deep down, that streetwear is about expressing yourself. I just saw /u/Its_Your_Boi_MaxB 's post in the front page of this sub and it got me thinking.

On that same post, /u/MoonRock12k summed up my thoughts perfectly:

"The main thing with fashion is to dress how you like. Dont listen to anyone elses opinion bc fashion in itself is a way to express yourself and only yourself."

Personally, I have a very small wardrobe relative to most of you - 4 pairs of pants, 8 tees, 2 sweaters, 5 pairs of shoes (only 2 of which I wear), and a very liberal amount of jackets, but the thing is that they all look the same, so I style somewhat similarly all the time and have been ever since I developed my interest in fashion about a year ago.

I don't expect this to be seen or read by many, but for those that do see it, I hope it helps you make your own choices instead of having them made by the hivemind.

submitted by /u/TheAmazingestCow
[link] [comments]

Air Max 98 "Tour Yellow" releasing this week 1/18

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 07:09 PM PST

Some golfwang headass shoe that I decided to make while bored

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 02:35 PM PST

[wdywt] triple white ub 1.0 lpu

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 06:50 AM PST

drain gang / shield gang / gravity boys inspo album

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 01:41 PM PST

just double checking the machinery :)

Posted: 15 Jan 2018 02:43 AM PST

For what this sub is, hype actually isn't as popular as i'd imagine

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 07:49 PM PST

Brands such as Supreme, OW, Palace, have been taken into a different perspective than what i'm used to seeing through media or on the street. "Flexing" commonly known brands is often frowned upon in this sub as r/streetwear really takes in the outfit perspective compared to the singular piece one. I myself can understand this as looking past the hype and branding takes a range of maturity and time. This sub is cool for what it has become compared to the hype streetwear is commonly associated with. But "streetwear" is a very broad term, and we all have our own pov. Not to say hype isn't stylish, but why do you guys think it's not as prominent here?

submitted by /u/micahlim
[link] [comments]

NECKFACE x VANS

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 09:00 PM PST

Adidas x Dragon Ball Z ZX 500 "GOKU"

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 02:48 PM PST

It is over 80 degrees in LA today. How do people in warmer climates diversify their styles?

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 02:33 PM PST

I wish I had more opportunities for layering and developing my style but my only option is to wear a t-shirt/pants/shoes i like all year. Even a flannel gets a little to warm for most of the year. Are people in warmer weather areas just limited to wearing a nice graphic tee or accessories at best?

submitted by /u/illbebahk
[link] [comments]

Accidentally Deleted the Post, But I Drew on a Pair of Chucks

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 11:29 PM PST

[WDYWT] when u try and tonally match ur environment

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 12:06 PM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment