WDYWT - January 29, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

WDYWT - January 29, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - January 29, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - January 29, 2018

Posted: 29 Jan 2018 04:18 AM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - January 29, 2018

Posted: 29 Jan 2018 04:18 AM PST

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Tyler’s Grammy fit

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 03:57 PM PST

Jaden Smith’s Grammy Outfit

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 08:11 PM PST

Meanwhile in DisneyLand.

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 03:27 PM PST

Kyle Mack rocking the supreme x tnf collab on Aspen mens snowboarding slopestyle final

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 08:33 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] Where are y'all from? Is there a streetwear 'scene' there?

Posted: 29 Jan 2018 01:13 AM PST

I'm curious as to how social streetwear is for you guys. I'm from the SF bay area, and there is a shit ton of different niche groups around, one of the biggest being the tumblr/mac demarco/kylie jenner hipster scene. What's it like where you guys are? Do you have friends that you talk fashion with? Or do you solely just focus on your own style?

submitted by /u/erodisi
[link] [comments]

Lil Uzi Vert's Grammy Outfit

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 03:40 PM PST

Penn State recently had its second pop-up shop. What's it like for you college kids in smaller towns? Have you also seen a rise in pop-ups?

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 04:55 PM PST

[ART] Made an album of some of my favorite shots from my first year of being into streetwear and photography

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:26 AM PST

Some of my Favorite Tech Fits

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 09:48 AM PST

Really makes you think...��

Posted: 29 Jan 2018 03:45 AM PST

Vince Staples x Converse Orange

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 10:02 AM PST

Here’s a hoodie of mine for art class

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 10:34 AM PST

Me and Fashion

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 06:48 AM PST

The past, the present and the future of my relationship with fashion

My interest for fashion began in SS16 so I am by no means a fashion god nor a person with a lot of experience in fashion, but I love fashion nonetheless, so here is a little write-up of my relationship with fashion and such.

The past

As for everyone, a sense of style and what does and what doesn't work isn't a given. When I just got interested in fashion/streetwear(which was when I bought my first nice pair of sneakers) I basically wore a black tee and black/grey/blue slim/skinny jeans all the time, so nothing interesting at all and with no further thought put into my fits. After some time I began following more fashion-oriented people on IG as well as looking more at this sub, which sparked more interest in fashion for me. The biggest step must have been when I started my big-ass inspiration album which I'm still putting new pics into.

The present

As of the last 6 months or so(around the time I joined the streetwear discord, I have found one of the styles I love; the oversized dad looking style(or as u/hifoxin puts it: 80's asian dad). I love wide trousers, oversized tops and generally just a non-conventional silhouette with elongated sleeves/legs and a cropped body for example. I love this style because it gives a relaxed vibe and it makes one stand out a bit from the usual skinny jeans. Also, I love accessorizing, but that goes for all styles. I think accessories such as rings, bracelets and chains can make almost every fit look better because it can add something interesting and maybe even something personal to the fit.

I don't spend much money on clothes, but I definitely plan on spending more on more interesting pieces. Because of this I do a lot of thrifting and a bit of DIY'ing, which ties in nicely with the style I've made for myself. My main inspiration for my style are some of these: Ader Error, Shaq from PAQ, Magnus Ronning, Avery Ginsberg and all the other shit I find on Instagram, the streetwear discord and this sub.

I've also begun to look a lot at runway shows for inspiration, which I think everyone should do. Often, runway shows give a more expressive feel to the fits, which you can incorporate into your own fits/style as much or as little as you want. Runways are also a great way to expand your own horizon and to explore what perfection in other areas of fashion looks like. Personally, I have simply been looking at a lot of shows from this season and seeing how I can implement what I love from those into my own style, which is where Balenciaga(or maybe Demna Gvasalia, actually) comes in; the brand I associate my style with the most. The FW17 show is one of the greatest they have done and I love what it has done for me, but also the fashion industry as a whole. Demna took control over fashion in 2017 with Balenciaga and Vetements, and he will no doubt be having a good time in 2018 as well. The wide shoulder suits, chunky sneakers, puffer jackets, flowy, wide trousers and a crazy mix of street and fancy clothing have made their way into my heart and I hope everyone else can find a show or two that they will love as much as I love this.

The future

I am beginning to feel that my style has become kind of boring, so I am looking at a few styles, that I am going to pursuit. The most prominent is punk/rock/grunge, which I am a big fan of - I am just a sucker for that roughed up look. I have already begun to try to wear more of this stuff, e.g. in this fit and I am definitely gonna pick up a pair of docs in the near future, so I can expand my wardrobe to accommodate this style. My inspiration for this style is again in a lot of different places, but the most prominent person I am looking up to for this style is Jacob Keller who has some of the coolest fits I know of.

If you want to look at what happens with me and my style, my IG is @not_chopper, but I am sure I will still be active here a long time as well.

Big thanks to u/RoshansBFF for inspiring me to write this weird little thing, I hope you all enjoyed it. Cheers.

submitted by /u/topper102
[link] [comments]

New Ozweegos and other Raf sneakers seen on @halloherbert Instagram

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:55 AM PST

/r/Streetwear Demographic Survey!

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 09:01 AM PST

Timberland Collection

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 10:31 PM PST

Fits for a freshman

Posted: 29 Jan 2018 12:57 AM PST

Until about 2 months ago i exclusively wore sweaters, polos, and 3/4 zip jackets, overpriced dark wash jeans, and cheap Jordans. I'm chubby but not obese and just looking for inspo for entering high school next year. I like colorful Golf Wang-ish stuff and punk utilitarian clothes. The only things i've worn so far after this explosion of clothes that dont make me look like a sad 50yr old man are black straight jeans, olive bombers, and grey hoodies though. I'm just looking for cheapish brands to look for, and inspiration for school appropriate fits that i wont be made fun of for.

5'10 180lb

submitted by /u/AidenFlannigan
[link] [comments]

Where can I legally and pay to watch streetwear doco ‘Built To Fail’

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 05:15 AM PST

Really keen to watch this. Anyone know if there's somewhere online I can watch it or when it will come online to watch. I checked Netflix and primevideo but nothing so far.

submitted by /u/vytmw
[link] [comments]

Carharrt overalls

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 10:05 PM PST

How do Carhartt denim overalls fit? Should i size up?

submitted by /u/limsumbeats
[link] [comments]

X Pen Collaboration

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 12:05 PM PST

How do people here know each other?

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 09:07 AM PST

Hi! I have noticed over time that a lot of people on this subreddit know each other by a first name basis or usually just talk to each other in the comments? If that makes any sense. I think it's really cool how a community interested in a subject is so close to each other, which I haven't witnessed before. But I was wondering how it all started? How do you guys know each other? Just commenting here, on group chats, or know each other in real life? I'm asking because I hope to meet more people that are interested in streetwear too, since anything that's not hyped isn't well known where I live, and hopefully make some friends by doing so. All serious answers are appreciated. Thank you! :)

submitted by /u/ChampionHoodie
[link] [comments]

My first adobe illustrator drawing . Pretty proud of this for my first try.

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 07:37 AM PST

For those who like to geek out about Techwear, and those who think the price isn't worth it.

Posted: 28 Jan 2018 11:56 AM PST

"Belgian Soul" Jacques Brel t-shirt - LYFSTYLZ SoulWear

Posted: 29 Jan 2018 03:35 AM PST

"Belgian Soul" Jacques Brel t-shirt from the 2017 LYFSTYLZ SoulWear collection. Highly durable printing. 100% cotton 200 gr. Black.

submitted by /u/Lyfstylz_SoulWear
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment