WDYWT - January 14, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2018

WDYWT - January 14, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - January 14, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - January 14, 2018

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 12:14 AM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - January 14, 2018

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 12:14 AM PST

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Does anyone else just not fuck with the new streetwear trends?

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 10:31 PM PST

I discovered this sub last year, and I did a complete 180 on my style, basically transforming from Nike pants and Old Navy jeans with graphic tees to the basic fuckboy uniform and beyond, actually experimenting with fashion and shit. It completely changed me, made me more confident, and eventually all my friends basically did the same thing, and I even made new friends because of this.

But I really don't understand the appeal of these new trends. When I went onto /r/streetwear, and saw the skinny jeans, old skools, denim jackets, UB's and that shit, I knew I wanted to dress like that. But I still look at the front page and WDYWT daily, and I just don't understand the appeal. It's either techwear, which is way out of my price range and doesn't suit me at all, chinos and dress shoes/docs or baggy pants with dad shoes, and I can't get into it.

The only changes I like are AF1's over Old Skools , Vapormax and The Ten sneakers.

I guess I could dress how I usually do, (Ultra Boost/Timbs/AF1/Stans/Vapormax on feet, skinny jeans/joggers as pants and either basic hoodies or tees depending on the weather) but I don't want to be seen as uncool for wearing Ultra Boosts, or my Golf Wang tee or Yeezy hoodie. It's kind of like, I don't want to be seen as the kid wearing Obey in 2016, but I don't want to dress in a way I think is stupid. Is anyone else "stuck" like this?

submitted by /u/Its_Your_Boi_MaxB
[link] [comments]

Kanye West ��

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 10:33 PM PST

[wdywt] red socks

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 10:04 AM PST

nilbog

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 02:55 PM PST

Is denim on denim a sin?

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 09:10 PM PST

Regrettable goth phase inspo.

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 06:11 AM PST

Belts are underrated

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 08:42 PM PST

Got the swag but I'm still autistic inside. Anyone else struggling?

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 07:56 PM PST

Lurked for years and clothes became a hobby. But I kinda lost sight on my original objective of holistic betterment. Got the swag but like yeah know still can't talk to people and barely have a social life and no SO. Y'all got good advice? I don't trust the rest of reddit to ask this.

submitted by /u/WorkingOnMyselfToBeB
[link] [comments]

What’s a brand you can’t like and just refuse to wear?

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 01:29 PM PST

Are you feeling these new Versace sneakers

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 02:57 PM PST

Painted this on a jacket

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 10:47 AM PST

Why isn't streetwear just called "fashion"?

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 06:25 AM PST

Please help me out! "bubbling" on coach jacket

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 05:47 AM PST

Shoes with shorts

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 10:02 PM PST

Whats your go to shoe when wearing shorts? (with or without socks)

submitted by /u/PM-ME-NICE-BUTTS
[link] [comments]

Burberry sues Toronto artist "Casper TNG"

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 01:40 PM PST

Up 70% sale on Alpha Industries

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 02:09 PM PST

http://www.alphaindustries.com/sale/sale.htm#&page=1&cat=205

Unfortunately to rock some of these, you have to live in a fashion-forward area.

However, check the non sale bomber jackets. Some of the less popular colorways are on sale. (ex: http://www.alphaindustries.com/mens-flight-jackets/alpha-industries-ma-1-slim-fit-flight-jacket.htm)

submitted by /u/Gruntman441
[link] [comments]

Old skools' laces way too long

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 09:40 AM PST

Anyone else buy old skools and have the laces be way too long? I just kept them cross-laced through every hole, but I nearly step on the laces when I walk because of how long they are.

submitted by /u/Swagtuar
[link] [comments]

NEIL BARRETT - Fall/Winter 2018

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 12:41 PM PST

Opinions on new balance 991.9?

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 04:10 AM PST

This sub is making it hard for me to be comfortable with my choices

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 04:01 AM PST

Please forgive the wall of text and possible typos, im on my phone and dont really know how to format properly. I am fairly new to streetwear and have myself begun to expand my wardrobe with what I feel is more or less what the style evokes. I honestly appreciate all of the inspiration and amazing eye most people do have here as it is the main reason why I was drawn to it to began with, so thank you all so much for that. Here's my issue. I cannot afford most of the brand's that are typically the "statements" of whatever the outfit is. I won't get into the brands because there is always so much arguing about them regardless. Anyway, it makes me feel like I cannot be a part of the community because I'm not dropping a few hundreds on a single item of clothing, not because I don't want to, but because right now I can't. I always read in the comments how toxic people are to more mainstream brands like h&m or even thrifting. I actually get a lot of things from h&m and sort of retro thriftstores in my city that make me feel great and like I'm actually doing something right. And then I come here and everyone rips on them for ripping other brands off which kind of doesn't make sense to me considering most brands rip eachother off and even artists! I want to post pictures but I'm afraid of the amount of absolute hate I'll get for not having a 10k outfit on. I have some items that are def expensive but I don't always wear them and don't think that they should always be the highlight of my outfit. My question is, can I still be included in this community even tho I can't afford most of the stuff in it? I really love it and feel like I fit in with the style so well but I also feel kind of stupid for even trying to "measure up" to the stuff I see in here. Anyway, please don't make this about how silly I am for asking or whatever. It has taken me a few weeks to build the courage to ask an honest question and be open with my feelings about this. Any feedback that is constructive would be so helpful as I'm considering just dropping this sub because of how mean people are getting and figuring this shit out elsewhere. Thanks guys, much love.

submitted by /u/CB_puglover
[link] [comments]

Hair styles

Posted: 14 Jan 2018 03:54 AM PST

What should I do with my hair? I'm currently with a boring ass side part. I don't like it anymore. Tips?

submitted by /u/leohm
[link] [comments]

How much would a decent denim jacket cost?

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 02:50 PM PST

I'm not looking for anything really expensive, just a decent light blue jacket. Thanks

submitted by /u/Retro_Gamer_Joe
[link] [comments]

Poll: Off-White Logo?

Posted: 13 Jan 2018 03:09 PM PST

So I was watching a video where a guy was talking about the logo, and he kept referring to it as a 'cross'. I saw it as four arrows pointing inwards, but I can also see how it looks like an 'x' (or I guess an "X" if I wanna go all Virgil). I figured I'd see what other people thought, what do you see? link: https://goo.gl/forms/90rpTp1ICnhYrdz23

submitted by /u/JaccSnacc
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment