WDYWT - November 06, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

WDYWT - November 06, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - November 06, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - November 06, 2018

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 08:09 AM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Greyscaling

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 08:43 AM PST

[art] I’ve been at this for 6 years now and I’ve done over 400 pairs easy. Here’s the next batch of commissions that are going out. If you’ve ever supported my work thank you! Nothing feels better than to see people wearing my work.

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 07:08 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] Guy bashed for his Gucci

Posted: 07 Nov 2018 01:18 AM PST

Hey guys, this just happened last night around midnight.

I've been a lurker for a while and I'm fairly new to reddit, just made an account a while ago. I work as a paramedic in Australia. It's my 2nd year as a paramedic, I only finished EMT training 2 years ago. Today, at my 12 hour night shift (20:00-6:00), I got a message on my CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) to attend to a 'brawl'that had broken out outside a bar.

There were 4 people directly involved in the fight, who carried some minor injuries. When my team and I got there, the fight had broken out into the street, and it looked like a 2v2 from my perspective. It was soon ended with a guy wearing a full designer outfit on the ground, along with his mate struggling to stand up. They all were quite bruised and battered up, and the cops still hadn't arrived. One of the guys took a Gucci GG hat and the victim's Gucci Aces (I'm not too good with shoes but it was the gucci shoe with a bee on it) and the shoe had a little bit of blood on it. The hat had surprisedly had not fallen off during the fight and the thief ended up making a run for it. The thief who ran away was bleeding on his forehead and although it didn't look too bad, he definitely needed medical assistance. The people involved with the fight refused to co-operate with police and help them figure out what happened, and the guy in the designer outfit had to stay the night in hospital with a fractured finger and a ligament torn in his foot. The guy who stole his hat and his friend haven't been caught yet as of my knowledge and I am not able to update this as I am just a paramedic. I'm surprised what people will do for a piece of designer. I'm sure a little more was involved than the victim's clothing, but this is very sickening. Although I wasn't directly involved with this, I feel like I had to get it off my chest.

Here's the stuff that was stolen from him: https://imgur.com/a/XXDbMCj

TL:DR: A guy got bashed for his Gucci and ended up staying the night in the hospital

submitted by /u/r8934u86349
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Went as my final form for Halloween

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 02:21 PM PST

[wdywt] slouchy

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 01:37 PM PST

[WDYWT] I voted today!

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 11:20 AM PST

[ART] Patchwork & painted jacket

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 01:25 PM PST

[ART] drawing for puma me and another designer collabed on ( launch 24 )

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 01:58 PM PST

[Advert] My first drop inspired by my cultural heritage of Bali

Posted: 07 Nov 2018 04:08 AM PST

[ART] Street Look - ALYX Designer Matthew Williams.

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 04:41 AM PST

[WDYWT] Rip 'n' Dip Is Not As Bad As U Think

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 06:33 AM PST

[ADVERT] Offering free video lookbook for LA brand.

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 11:41 PM PST

Hi! I'm a videographer in Los Angeles and I'm interested in getting into making video content for streetwear brands. I'm offering to create a video lookbook for a brand (or two!) in Los Angeles. This would be free of charge since it would be my first piece of work in this genre. I would also be willing to work in parts of Orange County.

You can find an example of my work here: https://youtu.be/CHMmbGPjXFs

I can provide more examples if needed, I just don't wanna fill this post with links.

If interested, please feel free to comment or PM me any questions you may have and we can work something out!

submitted by /u/TheSnakeholeLounge
[link] [comments]

[Advert] SPAO x Harry Potter collab from Korea for the potterheads out there!

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 02:09 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] Branded vs Unbranded

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 07:23 AM PST

Hi there,
I am writing my dissertation in university around conscious consumerism, focusing on streetwear and hyped brands.
I would be very greatful if you could answer my questionairre regarding this topic.

''Would you prefer to buy a branded shirt over an unbranded shirt, even if they share the same qualities?''
If you are unsure what i mean by this, it simply means, would you prefer to pay the extra money (say $20 or more) on a shirt that is branded (Supreme, Vans etc) over a shirt that you may find for ($5-$15) that is unbranded, even if they are the exact same, for example, a simple striped tee. Each item both share the same colours, patterns etc.

Here is a link to the poll - http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5be1a98be4b0507f7274d784

submitted by /u/thecrunkybaby
[link] [comments]

[NEWS]Supreme Releases Official Details to the COMME des GARÇONS Shirt Nike AF1

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 07:28 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] In serious need of a new jacket! Any advice?

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 06:56 PM PST

Hi guys. I've recently had to wear my jacket a lot more since that good ol' English weather kicked in, and I realized my jacket is not only way too thicc, but too in your face and loud. At the same time, I'm not convinced it's as warm as it could be, and it clashes with the cleaner style I've started to go for.

It's essentially 100% techwear but without the rest of the outfit to back it up.

Could anyone point me in the direction of any nice, reasonably warm jackets that aren't big and bulky, but aren't just a cut n paste puffer or bomber, and will work with colour?

I'm thinking of around 100-250 pounds. I'd prefer to be paying for quality over name as much as possible.

Thanks in advance! I've been looking around on google for a while, but personal testimonials are always better, and nothing has really caught my eye.

submitted by /u/LeanifyTV
[link] [comments]

[discussion] brands with similar aesthetic to Ripndip and Teddy Fresh?

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 11:55 AM PST

Hey all, I just started getting into the streetwear game with my first investments being into ripndip this summer. Does anyone have any recommendations to other brands that have a similar aesthetic to Ripndip and Teddy Fresh?

submitted by /u/mortlort108
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Favorite Locally Owned Streetwear/Urban-Inspired Brands?

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 02:04 PM PST

Question is pretty much in the title; I'm curious if anyone has an favorites of their locally owned brands that include street-wear or urban-inspired clothing. Personally, for me, I live in Dallas and I'm a big fan of both ELVNTHHR and Smith II.

The reason I ask is because I've begun developing a comic/manga which is heavily influenced by modern fashion and would love to include real clothing examples in the scenes and on the characters. Designs of my own will be used, select designs of popular brands may be used, but I was hoping that I could highlight lesser-known creatives and rising star-type brands.

As well, if you own a clothing brand, it totally counts!

submitted by /u/Golden_Week
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - November 06, 2018

Posted: 06 Nov 2018 08:09 AM PST

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment