WDYWT - November 18, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2018

WDYWT - November 18, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - November 18, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - November 18, 2018

Posted: 18 Nov 2018 12:12 AM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - November 18, 2018

Posted: 18 Nov 2018 12:12 AM PST

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[INSPO] Vintage and thrift inspo

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 12:09 PM PST

R/STREETWEAR FIT BATTLE GROUP 1 ROUND 1 RESULTS

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 02:03 PM PST

Here are the current standings: https://challonge.com/nwa22yxu

Scores represent the percentage of the votes! Closest battle was between u/soofunny and u/Pacificunt with a 2 vote difference! Congratulations to everyone who made it through the first round though! If you didn't make it through, feel free to try again in future fit battles :)

Here is an album of the outfits that won: https://imgur.com/a/AYpOKqn

Here is a link to the past fit battle:

  1. https://www.reddit.com/r/streetwear/comments/9u0dmc/rstreetwear_community_fitbattle_group_1_voting/

If you made it to the next round, please submit your outfit using this form within the next 5 days: https://goo.gl/forms/MsSfIDQ4wJQRDIWN2

edit: form fixed for round 1 winners

submitted by /u/13ae
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Going to cold places during cold months wearing cool jackets

Posted: 18 Nov 2018 02:51 AM PST

I'm going to korea next month and having dealt with California winters all my life, I'm not sure what to expect. it's expected to be 48F during the hottest and 20F during the coldest. What jacket can you guys recommend for a big guy like me that wears XXL? I have a North Face Nuptse Jacket, Alpha Industries bomber, and a Bape hoodie but I feel like I need one more since i'm staying for close to a month. I'm having trouble finding what jacket is best for those temperatures and the price range I'm trying to stay under is $400. Thank you!

submitted by /u/LazyEyePanda
[link] [comments]

[NEWS] AAPE By A Bathing Ape AW18 Look Book

Posted: 18 Nov 2018 01:57 AM PST

[ART] My girlfriend painted me a meowth :)

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 06:23 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] End of season sales?

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 11:59 AM PST

This is usually the time of year that we start seeing some major end-of-year sales start up, which one's will you be shopping at?

submitted by /u/five_finger_ben
[link] [comments]

[discussion] what is the next item that you have your eye on?

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 07:18 PM PST

[ADVERT] Just released cut & sew embroidered French Terry hoodies under my brand Normal Force

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 03:55 PM PST

[ART] in honor of lil peep

Posted: 16 Nov 2018 09:00 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] What are the best UK Online Stores For Buying Streetwear style clothing?

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 03:57 PM PST

New to this sub and the whole fashion game and just interested in where to start.

submitted by /u/OverThinkingBoi
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] The North Face jacket suggestion!

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 04:06 AM PST

Hello guys just wanted to ask if any of you would recommend TNF for jackets, if they are overpriced or do not recommend it. Im looking for a jacket that keeps me warm and dry as Im going to study in Cardiff the next semester and basically dont wanna freeze my ass. Budget is max 160 - 200 euros as i hope it will last me years basically.

Thanks for any suggestion! If there is another brand close or as good as TNF or better recommend it too pls!

submitted by /u/Baauder
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] LL Bean Duck Boots: Can I wear this casually during the winter or do people only wear them for harsh climates? 

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 07:47 AM PST

Hey guys!

So finally, in my 5 years of living in the States, up north, I finally decided to get an actual winter boots (dont ask how i survived all these years without owning a pair lol)

I think I have zero knowledge about winter boots in general. Lived my whole life in the tropics :C

So basically, I still want to be stylish and comfy even when it's cold or snowing out.

I've got my eyes on the LL Bean boots which after doing some research, I learned is quite a classic and iconic (love that word)

But I have no idea how people actually wear them here. Do people also wear them as like regular shoes for a casual winter weekend or to run errands or to simply walk around the city when there's not even snow on the ground? Or are these boots only for, really bad weather or for like I dunno, mountain climbing during the winter?

Basically my question is, are they like doc martens or timberlands? like you can wear them as a streestyle and at the same time an over all weather-proof shoe?

And i know i can wear them however i want. i just really want to know what the general opinion of the people who actually live here. Also, if LL Beans turn out to be just for harsh climate, I am thinking about getting a waterproof chesea's as well for the casual counterpart.

sorry if this questions seem silly. THANKS

submitted by /u/annaleecage
[link] [comments]

[ART] Nintendo in Wonderland

Posted: 16 Nov 2018 11:23 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] Disick’s Brand - TALENTLESS. Anyone copped?

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 01:02 PM PST

The brand is "TALENTLESS". Has anyone bought any pieces? They're clean, simple basics for a fair price (if quality matches) but I haven't seen any reviews from those who have bought anything. I'd like to see the fit and hear about quality vs. the order/ship back method. I usually buy John Elliott for basics, but if I could save myself $80 per hoodie, I'd happily take that.

Anyone have any insight here?

submitted by /u/kylebucket
[link] [comments]

Tips on getting into streetweat?

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 08:18 AM PST

I'm pretty limited on money, I'm slightly velow average in height, and I'm not quite as thin as I'd like to be. Tips for getting started and finding stuff that fits me well?

submitted by /u/at_chan
[link] [comments]

Recently got scammed selling my Goyard on eBay

Posted: 16 Nov 2018 09:17 PM PST

[DISCUSSION / META] I'm sorry, but when did we become r/malefashion ?

Posted: 17 Nov 2018 09:20 AM PST

Streetwear was all about expression and creative use of basic clothes, but now every WDYWT is just someone else in over-priced, name-brand all-black. For example, if you want to wear a Gucci belt, go for it, but that shouldn't be the only thing that sets you apart. The whole point of streetwear was to avoid relying on brands, but that's what most of this is now. I swear, I came to this subreddit because it had interesting outfits and didn't like the shit on r/malefashion. Did I miss a change in definition or...?

submitted by /u/dtmijfeu
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment