WDYWT - October 19, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Friday, October 19, 2018

WDYWT - October 19, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - October 19, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - October 19, 2018

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 05:12 PM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - October 19, 2018

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 05:12 PM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] vintage firefighter uniform

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 07:42 AM PDT

[ART] Clean Street Look

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 04:36 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Picked this outfit, then I picked this apple

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 07:39 AM PDT

[WDYWT] don’t zoom into the dirty window

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 04:02 AM PDT

[Inspo] French Instagrammers of a Shared Aesthetic

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 07:17 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Facing Our BIGGEST FEARS For Fashion (with NCS) | PAQ Ep #52 | A Show About Streetwear & Fashion

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 02:23 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] How long have you been into streetwear? Do you think you'll outgrow it/move on?

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 10:54 AM PDT

Personally, I got into streetwear/skatewear around 2011 with Diamond Supply, Obey, Crooks & Castles zzz. Supreme had just started getting big with Tyler the Creator's blowup (I wanted a camp cap so bad but it was way out of budget for a broke college kid lol). New Era snapbacks were HUGE and everyone wanted to color match their sneakers with their fits ahahaha. Most people in school/college dressed "preppy" with AE, Hollister, Abercrombie, or didn't care really, I think it's shifted a lot now. AFAIR streetwear is more of the trendy and dominant style nowadays.

Fast forward 7 years and I'm still super into streetwear, despite having a grown ass man job wearing a suit and tie 5 days a week. There's something about it that really appeals to me. My style has evolved a lot over time though. Now I wear more of a mix of MFA with streetwear, with still some loud graphics but more of a focus on clean silhouettes and color coordination. I think even when I'm in my 30's-40's with kids I'll be wearing streetwear, just age appropriately whatever that looks like.

How did y'all get into streetwear, and how do you think you'll feel about it down the road? I'm 25 for reference btw.

bonus style progression album: https://imgur.com/a/RkSh31w

submitted by /u/madjamaica
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] It’s that time of the year. What’s your favorite winter jackets?

Posted: 19 Oct 2018 01:56 AM PDT

The winter is coming. I'm having troubles deciding what winter jacket I want to get. Last year I had a TNF Nuptse (which I personally think are amazing) but I want to get a new one.
I've been thinking about buying Napapijri or Tommy Hilfiger, but I'm not sure. I like having a winter jacket of colour because the winter is so dark overall.

So what about you guys, what type of winter jackets do you like?

submitted by /u/rremo
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION]Do you wear jewelry? What kinds of accessories do you wear?

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 05:44 PM PDT

Hi all. I've been branching into adding accessories into my fits for a while but I want to diversify. I really like wearing clunky watches with my minimalistic fits, but I'm not really sure where to go from there. What little accessories do you add to your fits to make them pop out?

Also, do you tend to wear jewelry with your outfits? I was thinking of getting into wearing jewelry but I have no idea where to begin. There's just too many options and there's so much cheap looking crap online that it's kind of overwhelming. Let me know if you like wearing that kind of stuff.

submitted by /u/legrolls
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Can I kick it?

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 04:57 AM PDT

[NEWS] Burton x Carhartt WIP

Posted: 19 Oct 2018 12:30 AM PDT

[REVIEW] Did a DIY to recreate a sold out Dickies collaboration with Vainl Archive. I’m pretty proud of the results.

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 10:18 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Sewing Machine Questions / General Advice

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 02:01 PM PDT

What's up everybody, I'm 15 and I'm currently a sophomore in high school. After high school I'm hoping to go to school for fashion, or something in the arts. In order to get myself ready I've started working on my drawing skills so I can hopefully start working on a portfolio.

I get super inspired whenever I see cool DIY projects, customizations and clothes that people have made themselves on here. I was watching a Jacob Wallace video yesterday where he stitched together two pairs of dickies for a side stripe type thing and it was dope, he made it look super easy.

This inspired me to want a sewing machine. I hope to work on DIY stuff and easy stuff in the beginning and hopefully branch out. If anyone on here has experience would it make sense for me to buy a machine right now? I did a little research today and found this machine for $78. Should I take some classes before I buy it? And also, is there anything I should know before I really get into it, or jump into purchasing that?

Thanks

submitted by /u/maniogs
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Techwear: Form vs Function, this balance is hard to find I made this with my views on it let me know what yall think

Posted: 18 Oct 2018 11:34 AM PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment