WDYWT - October 23, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

WDYWT - October 23, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - October 23, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - October 23, 2018

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - October 23, 2018

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 09:09 AM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[wdywt] it follows

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 11:21 AM PDT

[INSPO] Post-Thrift in East Van

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:54 PM PDT

[ART] Punk and old comic book inspired pants. I feel like this something Dex from PAQ might wear

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 04:27 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] *Concept* Is this what the future of checking a products authenticty will look like? [NFC enabled smart label]

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 01:30 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Balloon Pants & Surplus Boots

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:07 AM PDT

[WDYWT] cuffs around my neck

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:24 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] What's the reception to Streetwear in your area?

Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:53 AM PDT

I live in a relatively tame, suburban (boring) area of the UK so I often get pretty weird looks if I'm wearing anything ''weird'' or ever so slightly flamboyant. (I can often judge how weird my outfit is by the amount of ''tuts'' I get from old ladies on my commute)

Any student in my campus town wearing something that isn't denim jacket/crop-top/spray on skinnies/old schools (girls) or tracksuit jacket/fuck boy t-shirt/spray on skinnies/97s (boys) has to get used to the dirty looks. We have a few people who wear ''alternative'' clothing and have some sort of foot in the fashion world, but for the large part it's the aforementioned outfits but with Yeezys or a Supreme Bag.

What's your area like? Do you get many dirty looks or ''tuts''? Or is your area more accepting? Genuinely interested to hear people's experiences wearing what they wear (especially those who wear unconventional clothing).

submitted by /u/doomsdayexe
[link] [comments]

[ADVERT] Resurgence & Steady Hands Collaboration Drop

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:36 AM PDT

[NEWS] Supreme x The Killer

Posted: 24 Oct 2018 03:07 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Stussy

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 05:35 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Stussy

I've always known it as a beach brand with its own skating line on the side. I'm thinking of buying a bunch of Stussy clothing but still skeptical. I don't wear skate clothing because I don't skate which is why I ask. I have skater friends who say it wouldn't matter if I wore it but still... What do you think about it? If stussy truly is a skate brand do you know of any similar clothing lines that have that nice look to it? I would greatly appreciate some thoughtful answers as I have some great ideas for outfit combos and what not.

https://i.redd.it/yo9b679p31u11.png

https://i.redd.it/dhnwh1iq31u11.png

https://i.redd.it/hxz6uajr31u11.png

https://i.redd.it/znfvw5js31u11.png

submitted by /u/Jesusisthanos123
[link] [comments]

(DISCUSSION) why do like 99% of clothing companies make average products

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 11:21 PM PDT

Thinking of going into design as almost every single company I see has such average designs it disgusts me how people get paid for some designs. Like I personally feel like I could make clothes that honestly look fire. Can anyone explain why most of these companies have clothes that look horrible .

TLDR:why does 99% of clothes look so average when it seems like stylish clothes look so easy to make

submitted by /u/FutureSuccesss
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Writing a coursework about the Yeezy brand

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 08:56 AM PDT

Hey guys,

one of my most important grades this year is a coursework in Brand Management. I wanted to choose the Yeezy brand, since i think it's very interesting what Kanye has achieved. My problem: There rarely is any empirical or legitimate data about it. My general task is to ''critically review and evaluate the brand development strategy.'' Stating the sub topics and the structure would be too much. Now that's why I post this here, i firstly wanted to ask you guys if you think that it makes sense at all to choose the brand due to the lack of legitimate data and information and thus, if you have different suggestions for me. But more importantly , if you got sources about the Yeezy brand in general, i would be extremly thankful of you could share them with me in this post, since i rarely found any good ones, especially in regard to my task. A general hint to sites i might not know is also appreciated.

I know there are plenty of you who work in the industry and also have in-depth knowledge about it. I am extremly thankful for any help.

submitted by /u/Heimmaniac
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] cuffs around my neck

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:22 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] I need a serious outfit makeover

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:33 AM PDT

Im gonna link my wardrobe and sneakers so you can see what im working with:

https://imgur.com/gallery/EsIYP88

Im in serious need of an outfit overhaul or whatever its called

I am willing to buy anything like new trousers or t shirts or shoes for example or whatever so please just give me all your suggestions you have

I cannot put an outfit together with the clothes and shoes I have an i was wondering if someone could help me to put together some outfits so i can actually wear my clothes and look ok.

I also only wear black unripped jeans and i am happy to change that if suggested to because it is quite repetitive.

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/jamesr27
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Why do 99% of clothing companies make average clothes

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 11:32 PM PDT

Thinking of going into design as almost every single company I see has such average designs it disgusts me how people get paid for some designs. Like I personally feel like I could make clothes that honestly look fire. Can anyone explain why most of these companies have clothes that look horrible .

TLDR:why does 99% of clothes look so average when it seems like stylish clothes look so easy to make

submitted by /u/FutureSuccesss
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Good stores in Hamburg?

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 08:02 AM PDT

I'm going there in a few weeks and was wondering if any of you had any recommendations to make on vintage streetwear stores in the city? Tips on other clothing stores would also be much appreciated, doesn't have to be vintage only. I just don't know where to go, the city seems massive and I haven't even quite understood where the actual city centre lies.

Where have you went shopping there? What are the secret hot tips? What's the main shopping street? Just anything really, shoot away if ya got any answer.

submitted by /u/hangoverwear
[link] [comments]

[ART] a custom sneaker template i made nothing special i could also use some advice :3

Posted: 23 Oct 2018 04:17 PM PDT

[ART] a custom sneaker template i made nothing special i could also use some advice :3

(Ignore the black scratch over gotta keep it anonymous.... well somewhat anonymous lmao) This template is gonna go onto the VANS Kyle Walker pro black and red shoe and just wanted to know if anyone knows how to paint onto leather and the outer soul? I really dont wanna have to go out and buy a new pair of vans because i messed up these pairs. Any tips are much appreciated :3

https://i.redd.it/qpgniod2q0u11.jpg

https://i.redd.it/ncgjann1q0u11.jpg

submitted by /u/icantbmodular
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment