WDYWT - September 18, 2017 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

WDYWT - September 18, 2017 - Streetwear

WDYWT - September 18, 2017 - Streetwear


WDYWT - September 18, 2017

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 05:15 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Moderator Applications

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 08:15 PM PDT

We are looking for a few new moderators for the subreddit, probably looking to add 2-3 new mods in various timezones.

Please answer the following as a reply to this thread - you can send it via modmail if you really need to but we'd prefer to keep them in here.

Question 1: What time zone are you in?

Question 2: What would make you a good moderator of /r/streetwear?

Question 3: How do you think the quality of posts in /r/streetwear could best be raised?

Question 4: What else would you change about /r/streetwear?

Think of this as an opportunity to show yourself off - previous moderation, specific coding skills, automod experience etc should all form part of your response if you have any skills in these areas.

submitted by /u/MrRikka
[link] [comments]

Thrifted this sweater today. Can't find any info online about it. Anybody know anything about it?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 07:02 PM PDT

[WDYWT] It was a little too toasty today for this

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 02:29 PM PDT

My first lookbook for the brand I’m starting!!

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 10:37 AM PDT

Hoodie I recently customized

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 04:30 PM PDT

[ART] DID SOME MOTION GRAPHICS FOR MY FAVORITE 3 SHOES FROM "THE TEN" BY VIRGIL AND NIKE • WHICH ARE YOUR FAVS?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 04:20 PM PDT

New r/Streetwear related IG account

Posted: 19 Sep 2017 01:38 AM PDT

I had an idea to make an ig account that showcases the best of wdywt, decided both by obvious sick fits as well as some of the fits that should maybe get some more love at the bottom of the threads, along with some chosen due to my opinions and aesthetic. I tried looking for an active one as I'm sure this isn't too original of an idea, but it's something fun to do for me and I think it will weed out a lot of the normie shitposting that fills up these threads. I will be tagging the users if they have linked their ig, and the captions are usually just going to be song lyrics that I have stuck in my head at the time. So yea if you're interested follow the account @best.of.wdywt , I will be posting daily and remain active. Also, I would greatly appreciate some tips as to what you would like to see in addition to what I've suggested.

submitted by /u/mxfon
[link] [comments]

Why Does This Still Exist?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 04:55 PM PDT

SpaceX just released a new hoodie

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 07:03 PM PDT

Something ya'll need - How to NOT be a Hypebeast

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 11:39 AM PDT

Is streetwear (and fashion as a whole) a non-zero-sum game.

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 11:26 AM PDT

A common voice in this sub is that people don't experiment enough with their fits and end up looking generic or played out.

My counter to this is that dressing is most likely a non-zero-sum game.

The color wheel isn't really up for debate. Colors either clash or complement each other and thats a fact of life. You rarely see someone where a fit where the colors clash unless a single piece has a bright or loud clashing design on it, and even then the complimenting pieces are usually quieter to balance it out.

Additionally streetwear is well defined. Its less "fitted" and "proper". Would you be wearing it to a black tie event? Would you be taking it to the country club? If not it has a place in streetwear. You have hoodies that are elongated, cropped, or normal. Pants that are rolled up or stacked or just there. Simply put, you have a list of clothing that fit the streetwear image.

The simple results of the previous two observations are you have, albeit, a rather large matrix of rewards that spans a set dictionary of clothing and colors. And due to this well defined matrix we are given fits that are well scoring and thus well worn.

So the repetitive fits aren't directly a result of lack of creativity but rather the list not expanding which although a consumer end problem something only designers and producers can fix.

Now heres a common argument against my idea:

"But the asians are out here flexing on us with their fresh af fits"

After extensive travel through HK, China and Japan while being a resident of Seoul, South Korea I can assure you they have the same problem. Everyone here dresses the same. Just not the same as you. BUT they have the advantage of having more producers locally available. What does that mean? Your clothes are most likely made in some factory in Asia. So getting your clothes to you to your market is a pretty extensive process if you consider the logistics of moving product through borders.

Speaking on Korea only know since this is what I have most experience with, trends rise and fall even quicker here due to the access of all these different products and styles for cheap. Im not saying the quality on these are amazing but I can get higher end H&M/Zara (you know Fast Fashion) stuff for fraction of the price. I've got lines of "ikea" Shirts, pants and coats available to me for 10-20 dollars and if i wore some of that stuff back home in Vancouver I'd be unique but if I wore it in S.K I'd be another face in the crowd. Asia just deals with a different clothing matrix, one that you don't see at all unless you look for it in the west, so that is why their fits are more "creative" to you.

TL;DR: There are a set dictionary of clothes and a rule of color so fits are usually similar until a designer comes up with a new way to shape an established piece of clothing and asia just has different clothes than you.

submitted by /u/siekooc
[link] [comments]

Tan or olive green nik3 SFBs with all black outfits?

Posted: 19 Sep 2017 01:21 AM PDT

Yo, I'm considering getting some Nike sfb boots but im wondering which colour has the most versatility? Tan or olive? I wear pretty much all black outfits and some times some darker blue jeans with lighter colours.

submitted by /u/Ainderp
[link] [comments]

basic pieces needed for winter?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 02:10 PM PDT

sup

what are your fav pieces you wear during the winter?

and what are some pieces you recommend to others because theyre functional/ good looking+cheap / (insert your reason)

submitted by /u/dreamchasers1337
[link] [comments]

Which rapper do you think dresses the best?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 06:49 AM PDT

Personally I have a lot of rappers that I look up to like Asap Rocky and Russ

submitted by /u/Dethronex
[link] [comments]

Streetwear in the Philippines?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 09:19 PM PDT

It's a pretty tropical country with rain so I was wondering what kind of streetwear is available since I can't wear layers bc of the heat!

Anyone doing streetwear in the Philippines?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/123choji
[link] [comments]

Goth brands

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 04:50 PM PDT

So I was walking down the street today and walked by a fit I thought was pretty nice.

Dark brown (maybe lightly bleached black) cons, well fitted straight leg black jeans with a wallet chain, black hoodie with some orange print on the chest and white text on the neck line, and a ACW shoulder/chest bag.

What are some brands/ instagrams that have this sort of style? (Besides Vetements)

submitted by /u/ou812
[link] [comments]

Is it okay to wear the same hat all the time?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 04:15 PM PDT

I have one hat that fits my head just right and I love the embroidery on it. I can't seem to find anything like it. What are your thoughts?

submitted by /u/chocson
[link] [comments]

Any idea of wear to find jeans that are slim fit, but have a little bit of a taper at the ankle?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 09:44 PM PDT

First off, it's VERY hard for me to find jeans in general. I'm 6'2, 190lbs and usually get my jeans from GAP in a size 32-32 ( usually stretch fit) I just picked up some ultra boost and a pair of royal 2s, and when I worse them with my GAP jeans, they were very very baggy and covered up the shoe. My main goal is to find a slim fit jean, with a little bit of taper in the ankle, to make the shoes pop. Do any of you have some suggestions? Thank you , I really appreciate it

submitted by /u/_JohnnyGato_
[link] [comments]

r/streetwear. comment links to your favorite accessories (pendants, chains, glasses, watches, rings, etc.)

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 07:26 PM PDT

don't make them too pricey <3

submitted by /u/phruitt
[link] [comments]

Is bape falling off

Posted: 19 Sep 2017 03:44 AM PDT

I love bape but I'm interested in what you guys think is bape falling of bape was huge then fell off for a while then came back massive again thanks to shark hoodies but is it falling off again

submitted by /u/shishakhalifa
[link] [comments]

Best yellow shirts/hoodies?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 07:47 PM PDT

As title says, I've got a bit of a yellow fetish and am always looking for good pieces. Goodwill has been a lifesaver (brokeboi gang), but I'm looking for new clothing as well to mix it up. Anything from simple tees to crazy designer shit just trying to create an idea of stuff to buy.

submitted by /u/Hai_Gaben
[link] [comments]

Acronym Presto vs Off White Presto: Which one is better?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 01:18 PM PDT

What do you think? IMO both legendary shoes, but which one is better in your opinion?

submitted by /u/ShootGunBoyIV
[link] [comments]

Cheap windbreaker or raincoat?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 07:34 PM PDT

want it just to throw it on for casual wear when it's raining for school. pref black

submitted by /u/akalipls1
[link] [comments]

Anyone got any suggestions for coach jackets?

Posted: 18 Sep 2017 08:55 PM PDT

I'm looking for a coach jackets with decent padding that can keep me warm during winter. My budget is below 200 us dollars

submitted by /u/hullo3
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment