WDYWT - August 02, 2017 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2017

WDYWT - August 02, 2017 - Streetwear

WDYWT - August 02, 2017 - Streetwear


WDYWT - August 02, 2017

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 01:08 PM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - August 02, 2017

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 01:08 PM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Fun Fact: Kanye's Calabasas logo is actually just a youth soccer camp's logo from 1992 that Adidas sponsored.

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 07:43 PM PDT

[Advert] After months of sewing and hard work, I released a collection called "Raw"

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 08:16 AM PDT

What I did with my Kmart Supreme blank

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 06:45 PM PDT

[LPU] Graduation present from me to me.

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 05:20 PM PDT

Gucci at Marshalls

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 06:10 PM PDT

Bleached my red converse high tops

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 07:34 PM PDT

He was the Freshest Man Alive back then.... R.I.P

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 06:25 PM PDT

Thrifted these Air max '95 today for $30

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 06:57 PM PDT

New A$AP site is up. Site is cool but the merch is literally fucking horrible

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 02:41 PM PDT

2 Year Progression of /u/FelixEditz (@paylesslugo)

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 09:54 AM PDT

WIWyesterday - white docs

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 10:06 AM PDT

Hit up Goodwill in Simi Valley earlier...

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 09:17 PM PDT

HOW DOES ONE KEEP UP WITH STREETWEAR?

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 08:58 PM PDT

Don't know how reddit works, new here. I'm a fashion design student from Los Angeles, 22. I have been studying fashion since 2015, "STUDYING" I have learned how to sew, sketch, create full garments, how to create patterns and all that. Issue here though is that I don't know how people keep up with fashion and brands, specifically street wear and "luxury" street wear. I have been very uninspired and burned out somewhat sad because I feel dumb for not knowing how people keep up and become aware of brands. Should I give up on trying to design and change careers or who can I turn to for help? ( I'm shy and don't have many friends. ) I know NOTHING about brands like Strom, Brain Dead, Cav Empt, RHUDE by Rhuigi, Gosha, Chrome Hearts and all these brands. I feel I stayed in 2013 with neutral colors and elongated t-shirts. Lol. HOW DO YOU GUYS KEEP UP WITH FASHION? I hope you won't be so ruthless and roast the fuck outta me. I'm trying to learn here.... Thanks for taking up the time to read through this and reply. Much appreciated.

submitted by /u/PharaohBalmain
[link] [comments]

OFF WHITE not giving any creds to Bob Ross in new t-shirt?

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 11:54 PM PDT

https://imgur.com/gallery/N7MgB

While I was checking some Off White stuff I found this shirt. I recognized the painting used as one of Bob Ross'. I wasn't sure at first since his name wasn't mentioned anywhere. I tried to find any mention of this collab but couldn't find anything. I finally found the original. Why would they advertise Caravaggio and not Bob Ross? Has Off White done this with any other artists?

submitted by /u/captain_chem
[link] [comments]

inspo album bub

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 03:13 PM PDT

SFFB Package #1

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 11:34 AM PDT

It's ya boy,

Posted: 03 Aug 2017 03:29 AM PDT

Converse One Stars Review

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 04:59 PM PDT

Seeing how everyone's excited for the Tyler One Stars, I decided to make a review on the normal One Stars so you know what to expect. I don't have any pictures from when I first got them, so all the pictures will show them beat up, which will give you an idea if you want to keep your One Stars clean, or make them beaters.

History

Basically, One Stars have been around a LONG time.

"In the '70s, the One Star sneaker was designed for basketball. Then skateboarding happened and the sneaker was given a new reason to exist."

Longer history of the shoe

Shoe Details

Body

The body has the star icon on both sides of the shoe, as well as 5 little holes that act as airvents that are located in front of the shoe on both sides. There is stitching around the star, so don't worry about the shape fraying or anything.

Laces (I thought I took a picture of the laces compared to the Converse 70's but I guess my phone messed up or something.)

The laces are really nice. They're similar to the ones used for the Converse 70's, but a bit bigger. They are nothing like the crappy feeling laces used in the normal Chucks.

Suede

The suede is kinda fuzzy looking and feels pretty nice. However, it's REALLY easy to get dirty, so keep that in mind if you want to keep them clean.

Eyelets

The eyelets are simply holes punched into the shoe. There is nothing to reinforce them. As you can see from the pictures, the laces have made a couple of the holes bigger (specifically the third one from the bottom), so I suggest lacing your shoes a little as possible, and not lacing them super tight.

Sidewall

The sidewall is a thick rubber and similar to the Converse 70's. A racing stripe is included, and the color matches the body of the shoe.

Sole

The sole is the typical Converse design that's included in all Converse shoes.

Tounge

The tongue is made of suede. It has a cutout to put the laces through to help prevent the tongue from slipping and falling, and has the Converse CONS logo on the top.

Lunarlon insole

Lots of people say that Lunarlon is super comfortable and makes models such as the Chuck II's worth the buy on that very aspect alone. Honestly, I don't really understand the praise. I feel like compared to the normal Chucks, they're superior in comfort. The Converse 70's sole and Lunarlon have very little difference, with the Lunarlon being a bit more firm. Adidas Cloudfoam is definitely more comfortable than the Lunarlon, but this all from my experience. Other people's opinions about the sole may differ. That said, the sole in this shoe is great, and can be easily removed if you want to put in another sole of your choice.

Heel area

The heel area is thinner in real life than the pictures show. At first, the heel of the shoe may rub against your heel causing discomfort, but it should go away after breaking in the shoe, which should actually be quite fast. There is a small heel reinforcement stitched inside the shoe. The heel stripe is tough and won't bend, which is actually bad news for people who like slipping on their shoes. You can slip your feet out easily, but you'll have to retie the shoes in order to put your feet in.

Q/A

It's a skateboard shoe. Is it actually good for skating?

I'm not a professional skater or anything, but from my experience, it's great for skating. It's pretty comfortable, won't fall apart, and in my opinion, looks great when dirtied up (I might clean it up a bit though). Honestly, I've done better at skating wearing these than my Sk8 His, but maybe because it's a low top rather than a high top.

I don't skate. Can I still wear these?

Yes, you don't even need to ask. People wear Vans and they don't skate, so if someone tries to call you out, just tell them to shut the fuck up and then steal their girl. Kurt Cobain wore One Stars, and he wasn't a professional skater. Besides, as stated on Converse's website, these were originally designed to be basketball shoes.

What's the difference between the regular One Stars, and the Converse One Star x Golf le Fleur?

Le Fleurs have a flower stiching around the star logo, decaled insoles, bee decal on the heel, two sets different colored laces (one white, one that matches the shoe color), a flower logo that has "Golf le Fleur Converse" around it on the tongue where the Converse CONS logo should be, a giant Converse logo on the sole, comes in four colorways, and is $100 rather than $85. Comfort wise and construction, they should be the same.

Out of the box

When you first wear it, it will make a squeaking noise as you walk, and the heel may rub against your heel, causing discomfort. The tongue on the right shoe was causing a little bit of discomfort for me for some reason. All these problems went away after I broke in the shoes.

Misc.

Size compared to the Converse 70's (Size 9 vs size 9)

Size compared to Vans Sk8 His (Size 9 vs Size 8.5)

Some extra shots

On feet

Very small inspo album

Conclusion

This shoe will definitely become more popular because of the Tyler x Converse collab, even though it's been around for a long time. It's great for skating and walking around, and it's surprisingly versatile. It's a great break from Old Skools and the like, however I would not pay the full $85 for it because I'm a brokeboi. I copped these in a Converse store for $19 new, so you definitely need to go in store, find a color you like, and try it on. The store may not have the colors you like, so check out multiple stores. Overall, great shoe!

submitted by /u/Gruntman441
[link] [comments]

Acne Jeans pick-up and Review After being Tailored.

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 02:23 PM PDT

Brand over Design? Expanding Your Wardrobe? Cheap Jewellery? (this is a Q&A!)

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 10:38 AM PDT

How often do you wear the same outfit?

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 10:50 PM PDT

I try to throw nice fits together as much as possible, but I end up wearing an outfit again after about a week and a half. Personally, I don't have too many pieces, I'm just curious about you guys, thanks!

submitted by /u/rowmens
[link] [comments]

Sup guys. It's Justice again. I appreciated your feedback on my first set of images. Mind giving some more?

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 08:42 PM PDT

I made a website for analyzing streetwear prices so that you can determine a fair price for what you’re buying

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 12:19 PM PDT

I spent my summer creating datahype.io. You just look up an item you're looking for, and you'll be given the current market price (which isn't inflated like StockX or GOAT), average sold price, total stock found, as well as a graph of the price history. I also have a unique calculation called the Hype Factor which rates the fairness of an item's price on a scale of 0-10.

Feel free to check it out!

submitted by /u/breaking-dexter
[link] [comments]

Travs vans

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 08:29 PM PDT

Walmart think they slick

Posted: 02 Aug 2017 05:16 PM PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment