[NEWS] /r/streetwear Publication 02 Submissions - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

[NEWS] /r/streetwear Publication 02 Submissions - Streetwear

[NEWS] /r/streetwear Publication 02 Submissions - Streetwear


[NEWS] /r/streetwear Publication 02 Submissions

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 01:03 PM PST

With Issue 01 being a success, work for Issue 02 is underway and I'm currently taking submissions for content. Original Post, Hypebeast, Highsnobiety

I'm looking for the following:

  • Photography
  • Fit pics
  • Artwork
  • Articles / Writing
  • Adverts

Issue 01 sold out in about 24 hours so I'm planning on upping both the print run and production value of the next issue.

If you'd like to submit anything, email me at dan@hart-davies.com

Let me know in the comments if you want to see anything or anyone in particular in Issue 02.

Cheers

submitted by /u/HartDavies
[link] [comments]

ask and you shall receive

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 02:31 PM PST

[Inspo] All the street style photographers at NYFW that I photographed last week...

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 06:34 PM PST

[News] Vans Vault X Spongebob

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 09:58 AM PST

[ART] Custom Satin Vest Made From Scratch

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 04:52 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] Warmer Weather Streetwear?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 12:42 PM PST

I notice a lot of fits posted here are definitely geared more towards Winter or cold weather fashion, which is understandable as it usually does look quite a lot better because of layering, sik jackets, and more variety. But where I live (SoCal) it's already getting hot, and it stays warm pretty much year round. I know it's still cold in most other places, but do you guys have recommendations or inspo for some warmer weather outfits? I did see this post by u/Deviled_Eggs_ the other day about Hawaiian shirts, which I agree on - they can create a nice looking tropical streetwear look.

At this point I don't know what else to put to reach the 150 word count minimum, so here is a quote by Homer Simpson about fashion: "Marge, I can't wear a pink shirt to work. Everybody wears white shirts. I'm not popular enough to be different!"

relatable

submitted by /u/Digitaco
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] New Golf Drop

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 01:20 PM PST

[DIY] Techwear Pants made from winter ready Schoeller softshell [ART]

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 03:37 PM PST

DIY Techwear Pants made from winter ready Schoeller softshell
.
Check out the gallery and project log below:
https://imgur.com/a/WbTLN
.
Yesterday I set forth to make my first pair of pants with any kind of form or shaping... my previous efforts were all shapeless tubes for legs. I have say, I'm incredibly proud of these things, everything ended up landing almost exactly where I expected on the body and I learned a hell of a lot about crafting technical garments... eyes opened for more technical garment experiments in the future.
.
I set out to make two pairs, but the order of operations on these was a real brain teaser so pair two - made from a ACR Stotz style textile - will come later with a few extra features added. Pair number one was made from the heaviest duty and strongest winter softshell in my small collection, (it's been really cold in Vancouver lately), a Schoeller fabric again, this one most comparable to WB400. Super durable wind proof water-resistant outer face with an ultra comfy fleece backing against body.
.
The pattern around the knee was inspired by Guerilla Group's new Denim Dyneema hybrid pant the "18S-ES-PD01". I wanted something with a lot of fairly radical geometric gussets which add lots of volume and provide a completely unhindered range of movement. I don't like pants that are very wide around the thigh when looked at straight on so I was careful to build out the volume forwards and backwards... giving two entirely different silhouettes when seen on front/back or from the sides.
.
Instagram (pics soon, promise):
https://www.instagram.com/techwear.intern/
.
Thanks again to everyone for reading! Please share your feedback positive or otherwise, or make a suggestion for a project for me to take on in the future!
-end-

submitted by /u/techwear-intern
[link] [comments]

[ART] Thought you guys would appreciate my custom embroidered jacket

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 11:59 AM PST

[Discussion] Dammit North Face, why are all your jackets so different every few years?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 02:08 PM PST

My old (six years?) raincoat needed replacing, and after shopping around I couldn't find one that I actually thought was perfect.

Pics of old and new and various differences.

My initial budget was $1000 but I looked at the Arcteryx stuff and didn't like anything more than my old shredded North Face jacket, so I just bought a newer cheap North Face jacket. I was ready to spend 15x as much as I did, but everything in the five stores I went to appealed from a functionality point of view.

None of the North Face jackets any of the stores I went to had (overall saw at least 6 different models, maybe 3 of this years and 3 of last years I have no idea) some of the awesome features my old one had.

Water-protected breast pocket, removable hood, the awesome rubber velcro that doesn't trap dirt...

They still have the stupidly placed adjustment in the back of the hood where if you lean your head back on a hard headrest it presses up against your skull, this model uses the much older style of baggy mesh pockets where if you're not paying attention you'll accidentally put your arm down the wrong hole...

They're using plastic zippers now instead of metal... That might just be the cheap one I got, but it's just a zipper there's no need to cheap out.

submitted by /u/Tsimshia
[link] [comments]

[News] Patta - Spring/Summer 2018 Lookbook

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 07:27 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] Ideas for wearing Jordan 1s in unique ways

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 12:26 PM PST

I'm looking to pick up the Jordan 1 "Bred Toe", but I feel the usual hypebeasty aesthetic that goes with Jordan 1s isn't really what I'm going for. A lot of Jordan 1 outfits involve skinny jeans, bombers, flannels, light/acid wash jeans, etc.

I'm wondering how many of you guys have any inspo or ideas on wearing jordans in different ways? (more retro, playing with porportions, futuristic, etc.)

Here's some examples of what I'm talking about: https://i.imgur.com/EPaDPEJ.jpg

Here there's a much more techwear/military style that goes with the deconstruction of the OW AJ1.

http://images.solecollector.com/complex/images/fl_lossy,q_auto/c_crop,h_1354,w_827,x_6,y_78/v1/uyenxwghkb5kyia9mczc/tyler-the-creator-air-jordan-1-shattered-backboard-2

Here I love how Tyler pairs the retro-ness of the Jordans with the retro cuffed shoes, keeping the color scheme muted but the pants themselves loud. This kind of alternate way of rocking 1s is exactly what I'm looking for.

Anyone else got some Jordan 1 inspo like this?

submitted by /u/Gaudian_
[link] [comments]

[wdywt] two fits

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 01:35 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] [DIY] FOG Style tailored thrift jeans

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 03:53 PM PST

https://imgur.com/lyvUvXw

Hello all. I posted a WIP post of distressed jeans a few weeks back, and I finally (after a lot of procrastination) finished them! As the title mentions, the custom was inspired by FOG style distressed zipper pants. This is what I did:

  1. find a pair of old jeans/jeans you don't mind ruining.
  2. buy 7in/9in zippers (I just found some on amazon, and I used the 7in ones)
  3. wear jeans, and mark areas you want cut around your knee/thigh with a ball point pen/chalk/crayon
  4. cut the areas with scissors/knife
  5. distress other areas by running your regular razor blade over the areas to wear the area out
  6. wash and machine dry the jeans twice
  7. open up the inner seam of the jean with a seam ripper, using the zipper as a guideline to how far you should go
  8. sew in the zippers (this is the method I used, but I've seen other people on use fabric glue and hot glue gun to get the same results when you don't have a sewing machine)
  9. roll up about 1/3 inch of the jean cuffs and sew them to prevent fraying of jeans. (this step is optional. I just let it open to fray out for the distressed look.)

Let me know what you guys think of the look, and give me some feedback for ways I could improve the look!

Also lmk if this post is considered a spam, I'll remove it (sorry in advance if it is)

[Edit] shameless insta plug :) @dvd.wears

submitted by /u/davidinthepark
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Do you prefer feeling comfy or looking good?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 05:01 AM PST

Say that you have two fits. One is really comfortable but looks basically like pajamas. The other is uncomfortable & irritating, but looks like fire.

What do you choose and why? Curious to hear everyone's opinions and reasons. Is there a gauge or balance in your everyday wardrobe?

In the same vein, I have some items that I'd love to wear but just don't want to because the fit isn't right or the material is irritating… but I also have quite a few fits which are incredibly comfortable but look pretty ordinary or basic. Anyone of you have that same problem?

Do you think that some brands veer toward one and not the other? Not saying all brands do this, but some really do care or prioritize one or the other that I've found. Wonder if it's hard to find some common ground.

submitted by /u/figure52
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] What is streetwear to you?

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 02:25 PM PST

I was wondering if it would be okay if any of you could answer some questions! These questions will be a part of an undergraduate dissertation study to try and understand what motivates you to purchase streetwear brands. No names will be included, you will all remain anonymous. :)

The questions are very open ended as i am looking for insight and quality over quantity! So anything will help. It is just really interesting understanding everyone's story as to how they feel about streetwear culture, what got them into it, and everything surrounding it! I would really appreciate anything, thank you so so much!

These are the questions:

What is streetwear to you?

How do you feel about the culture surrounding streetwear?

What got you into streetwear in the first place?

How does this culture relate to your spending habits on products that relate to it?

submitted by /u/streetwearhelp
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Designer Insight feat Virgil Abloh

Posted: 20 Feb 2018 02:10 AM PST

[art] if it fits, it sits, if not it grows a big ass hand

Posted: 19 Feb 2018 08:21 PM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment