WDYWT - February 17, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Saturday, February 17, 2018

WDYWT - February 17, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - February 17, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - February 17, 2018

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 08:10 PM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

New York Fashion Week [WDYWT]

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 01:41 PM PST

[WDYWT] Nautical Boi

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 06:40 AM PST

[WDYWT] earthy delights

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 05:32 PM PST

[ART] When I'm bored I illustrate fits I can't afford

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 08:36 PM PST

[WDYWT] Rick x SLP

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 11:17 AM PST

[WDYWT] red, i'm seeing red

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 11:47 AM PST

[Discussion] A case for cargo shorts in modern fashion.

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 06:59 PM PST

Hey there folks, I've worn cargo shorts for the last eight years of my life, and I've got to say, they are by far the superior leg wear for both comfort and style. Cargo shorts, over the last decade or so, have gone from beloved "dad-shorts" to unappreciated, and downright hated. I do not understand the backlash against cargo shorts, as they first and foremost provide the wearer with seemingly infinite holding space on the form of pockets. In addition, the relaxed yet stylish look of cargo shorts can come in almost any color, I myself have cargo shorts ranging from the classic tan to a stylish grey, and even to a fun and spontaneous forest green. These beauties are durable, and can go with almost any outfit in every season (yes, winter included). Now I know, cargo shorts are seen as an almost anti-aphrodisiac in regards to attracting those of the opposite sex, however that is simply not the case, as they play right into either the "casual bro" or even "lovable dork" archetypes, each with their fair share of admirers. In addition, these incredible fashion items are unisex, meaning women and men alike can enjoy the functional and flavorful cargo shorts goodness that I and many others have come to appreciate. I would like to end this by asking for a serious discussion concerning cargo shorts, and how to improve their standing in both the fashion community, and society as a whole. Thank you for your time, and remember to give cargo shorts the chance they deserve.

submitted by /u/Benthebeefcake
[link] [comments]

JNCO Is Going Out of Business

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 01:47 PM PST

[ART] ART LINK POSTS ARE BACK BABY! (ASAP ROCKY - CALVIN KLEIN F/W 18)

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 08:59 AM PST

What Is On Your 'To Cop' List For 2018?

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 02:01 PM PST

As the title says, what garments do you plan to buy this year? Why just those, is it to upgrade from a previous piece, to further expand your style or is it something you've wanted for a while and now can get?

My style is is somewhere between SLP and Jerry Boy I guess. I love pretty much everything Hedi did at SLP but I take a more youthful approach to it I suppose, drawing both inspiration from their collections but also what Fear of God did during their first collections and what Amiri is doing now.

Anyways, for me the list goes (and I appreciate all feedback)

  • Outerwear - I definitely need to get a a leather jacket, not quite sure how much I'm willing to invest in it yet but I've been looking at the Swedish brand Deadwood. Their jackets are made from recycled leather which doesn't only make each one unique but also is a way to support the enviroment which I fuck with heavily

  • Tops - Recently re-organized my shirt collection which made me realize just how little winter shirts I have (it's like 3 lol) so I'm on the hunt for some. Current ideas are a dark denim shirt and otherwise scout thrift shops for some flannels

  • Tees - My most worn tee is definitely my black and white striped tee so it's about time I upgrade from Zara to something a bit more high-end. Not sure if I'm gonna go for something from the likes of APC yet

  • Bottoms - Need to pick up another pair of not black jeans. Currently have my eyes on these NDG jeans. If anyone has copped from this brand please tell me all your feedback

  • Shoes - To finish my holy trinity of boots I'm getting SeF's 560's in Tobacco, also known as Wyatts. Already got their Jodhpurs in tan and black leather boots from represent but tobacco just adds another flair to some outfits that these other colourways can't

submitted by /u/ImWaaal
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Rainy

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 01:06 PM PST

[DISCUSSION] Hawaiian Shirts as a Streetwear Trend: From Tropical to Popical

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 09:09 PM PST

I genuinely believe that Hawaiian shirts don't get the love they deserve on this subreddit. They're typically viewed as a shirt for old retired men, but that shouldn't be the only stigma for these tops. Paired with the right trousers and shoes, a Hawaiian shirt can turn you from Bahama to Bae-hama. Furthermore, the loose fit and boxy shape of some Hawaiian shirts coincides with some of the fashion interests I've seen on r/streetwear. The connotation of Hawaiian shirts being for old people can be hard to escape, but that can be an advantage. A purveyor of Hawaiian shirts can be considered old fashioned, hearkening back to ages of Magnum P.I. and Morty Seinfeld. Whether it's untucked or tucked, I feel that a Hawaiian shirt can be at home in the Streetwear community, especially for those looking to have a more tropical appearance. So, if you're looking to emulate the denizens of Florida, consider wearing Hawaiian shirts as a streetwear trend.

submitted by /u/Deviled_Eggs_
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] My Top 5 Streetwear Trends for 2018

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 06:02 PM PST

[Review] Sup? /// NYC Comedians create Streetwear Lifestyle Podcast

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 07:53 PM PST

https://soundcloud.com/suppodcastnyc /// @suppodcastnyc

Hey guys, I was given permission to share this podcast myself and two other comedians started. It's a weekly podcast about streetwear and everything surrounding the culture, and we just released our first episode. Out of the NYC Comedy scene, we're the few people who contribute, follow, or look like we're about this culture. What is also interesting is that we're from three different angles looking in.

Chris (me): Product Designer that current works at Sprayground, with previous work experience at Ecko, Alife New York, Rocksmith, Wutang, Reebok, Adidas, Puma, Ethik Colthing, and more. This is the perspective of someone who creates some of the product. Also, through work experience, is going to have some of the greats or great unknowns in the industry come on as guests. (is white)

Mike: Grew up from Cali and is more interested in the more High End product. Adding the perspective of someone who is more interested in men's fashion adds more to the conversation than sneaker and box logo tee hype (is asian)

Lawrence: Basically he's a human 5 Panel Box Logo hat. He grew up in Brooklyn NY, and has been around for all of the great moments in Streetwear history that happened in NYC. He has a lot of great stories about waiting on line, meeting up with resellers, and more. (is black)

Take a listen to our first ep and our second thats coming out next week. Thanks guys!

submitted by /u/notthatcheney
[link] [comments]

For all the non hypebeasts, What do you guys like to wear when it's hotter?

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 06:24 PM PST

Maybe this is too simple of a question, but I'm genuinely curious, out here in L.A., every time it gets warm (which it always is) alot of streetwear people just wear a bogo shirt and some shorts, or something light shorts with yeezys. And as much I really love to flex, I want to hear from you guys on what are some better staples so I can be a bit more different from time to time. This is also important cuz most people (girls) Don't really care for the brand that much, so it helps to kinda dress better in that regard too. Any feedback is welcome!

submitted by /u/Crytaz
[link] [comments]

Climbing Higher: A History Of Arc'teryx Veilance

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 08:27 AM PST

I know Grailed articles can be hit or miss so I wanted to share one that has a special place in my heart. if you're at all familiar with my posts you will know that i wear a lot and care a lot about Arc'teryx Veilance. If anyone is interested in an overview of the brand then "Climbing Higher: A History Of Arc'teryx Veilance" is a great place to start. Written by the incredibly talented Alex Rakestraw, this article breaks down the history of the brand and has in depth interviews with the minds behind the company.

Despite its growing popularity there is little comprehensive writing about Veilance (and same goes for the other techwear giants) but this is a great step in the right direction. For some people the price of Veilance makes no sense considering it looks like boring dad clothes BUT... i mean... its also... cool right?

Jokes aside this article shows how the Arcteryx parent company divided and conquered the urban techwear genre and created a brand with an immense amount of staying power.

submitted by /u/kickster777
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Five Unexpected Influences On The Streetwear Trend | A Guide By MR PORTER

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 09:24 AM PST

[ART] Late Valentines raf simons love

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 12:07 PM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment