WDYWT - February 21, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2018

WDYWT - February 21, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - February 21, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - February 21, 2018

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 12:08 PM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] second in a series of fits from my trip to japan

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 11:15 AM PST

[WDYWT] i'm so screwed for summer

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 06:00 AM PST

[ART] A simple fit drawn by me

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 12:20 PM PST

[INSPO] S/S Saint Laurent

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 01:25 PM PST

spring morning

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:22 PM PST

[DIY] "Undercoverisnt" Techwear Messenger Bag [Art]

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 12:24 AM PST

Today I took on a messenger bag due to popular demand. I've got more messages than I can count asking me to make an Acronym 3A1 style messenger... but I'm not doing it. And not because I don't like it, I really want one for my bag collection! It's an existing product and I have nothing but respect for Errolson. I see a lot of misc. shit talk about ACR. And, I don't even own any acronym myself (am broke!) when I say this: At the end of the day techwear would not exist if it weren't for E so I'm not going to tread on his toes.
.
So Instead I went back in time, I think is far enough to not be pissing anyone off, to 2009. Back to what I feel is likely the strongest collection to ever walk a runway: Undercover FW09, specifically the weirdly cool messenger bag from that release. I put together some reference imagery in the gallery for those unfamiliar.
.
I kept roughly the proportions of the original, only I changed up the construction to create volume along the bottom. Otherwise my project today is pretty much a toned-town copy of Jun Takahashi's 2009 design... only with reflective textiles, modern softshell liner, and a hypalon exterior. I love how this thing turned out, and hopefully me making this my daily carry bag in some way pays honor to Mr Takahashi's brilliance.
.
This is my concession to the much demanded ACR messenger.
I hope you enjoy, check out the gallery below:
https://imgur.com/a/9h4mk
.
also... 'cause it's worth a try, I'm just going to put this out there... If you have an Undercover FW09 Earmuff Maniac coat in a size2 in the Red-Knit pattern. This is my one and only GRAIL. I'll literally make you anything you want in trade for it!
.
That wraps day 19 of the 30day challenge of making something new from scratch each day! Thank you for everyone again, your support so far has been beyond incredible. Please share your feedback and criticisms below!
ps. please stop asking for messenger bags now ;)
.
-end-

submitted by /u/techwear-intern
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Champion Reverse weave VS Champion reverse weave WARM UP.

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 06:41 PM PST

Does anyone know what the difference is between Champion Reverse weave hoodies and Champion reverse weave WARM UP hoodies are? Is one worse than the other? Is one thicker than the other? Are they even different? Which would you recommend?

I am starting this discussion simply because there seems to be zero info (that I could find) on the internet about this. Also, I am scared to buy the reverse weave warm up since I think it might be thinner and more of a workout hoodie rather than an actual hoodie to keep you warm.

See the link for an example of the Reverse Weave WARM UP hoodie. https://www.endclothing.com/row/champion-reverse-weave-classic-hoody-210966-nbk.html

https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/champion-reverse-weave/white-warm-up-hoodie/2479448

submitted by /u/pieter_koos
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Trying to find a blazer with a detachable collar / lapel (Further info inside)

Posted: 22 Feb 2018 01:03 AM PST

Hello folks,

I've been on the hunt for this particular blazer from Stone Island's Shadow Project line - https://www.stoneisland.com/lu/stone-island/blazer_cod41504352sd.html

another shot of the blazer from the lookbook -https://imgur.com/a/zTiRD

AFAIK, this released a few years ago and its nearly impossible to find this piece at the moment (unless some of you kind folks have some leads!) Now that I have come to peace with the fact that I may never own this piece (somewhat grudgingly), I would like to know if there are similar pieces out there that may have similar aesthetics (double layered blazer with the outer layer being similar to a Judo jacket and the inner layer comprising of a lapel collar that can be worn sartorially or flipped up for a more casual / sports jacket look).

The closest thing that I can think of would be to incorporate one layer of Maison Margiela lapel less blazer jacket with another inner layer jacket / overshirt with a high stand collar, but this would be my last resort.

I'm hoping some of you may have come across a piece that is similar to this and may be willing to chime in with advise. I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanking you in advance and wishing you guys a pleasant day ahead :)

submitted by /u/Interlakenn
[link] [comments]

[INSPO] Heritage Techwear / Rustic / Mori Album

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 06:22 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] i do not want to go down the wrong path

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 05:30 PM PST

in the past couple months of been introduced to streetwear for the better or for the worst. i have been introduced through supreme and bape and i have really liked those brands and i thought they were cool at first. now i have done my research and i have realized the stigma with those brands, and how they look bad compared to other brands. i really want to expand my closet now and i kinda wanna get rid of my pieces from said brands and replace with other brands that look better and that i could style better. im looking for suggestions for shoes and clothes. i really like the whole skater vibe with vans, oddfuture etc. i really want some help so i can be guided down the right path and so i dont spend money on trendy clothes that wont look good in two months. i think palace,noahnyc,gosha and cdg are pretty cool but i am open to new things. help would be appreciated

submitted by /u/snadasdsdasdasdada
[link] [comments]

[INSPO] Starting a Brand: An Interview with /r/streetwear's own Windfall Clothing

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 09:24 AM PST

[DISCUSSION] Update on Silkscreen T-Shirts

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 05:51 PM PST

So I posted a while ago asking for graphic t-shirts inspo because I'm having silkscreen classes at my college and I wanted to do something interesting with it. I ended up choosing to put some of my illustrations and common things that I do on my own artwork and I want to know ehat you guys think about it.

pics

Also I'm going to shamelessly promote my own art in case anyone gets interested in it.

instagram tumblr

English is not my first language so I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes.

submitted by /u/d0rts
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Gucci Fall 2018

Posted: 21 Feb 2018 08:23 AM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment