WDYWT - February 16, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Friday, February 16, 2018

WDYWT - February 16, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - February 16, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - February 16, 2018

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 04:14 PM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

/r/Streetwear Major February Changes *REVISION*

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 04:05 PM PST

As a follow-up to the previous thread here some changes have been made to the rules that will affect what you can and can't post. All revised changes are in bold.

We hope these will properly address some of the feedback we recieved on the original changes.

If you would like to read a more in-depth explanation of the WDYWT changes please see here.

Without further ado:

/R/STREETWEAR CHANGELOG

Recurring threads:

  • WDYWT now set to contest mode
  • WDYWT posted 6x weekly every 28 hours
  • SQ/GD 3x weekly instead of daily (every 56 hours)
  • Pickup thread every sunday
  • W2C/ID thread killed
  • Sales thread killed
  • Pop Shop thread killed
  • SQ/GD default sort changed to new

WDYWT:

  • Karma requirement removed in favour of written application process

Posts:

  • All posts must be self posts with the exception of, INSPO and WDYWT submissions. Text posts now require a 150 word minimum. This is to help and prevent the mindless spamming of celebrity pics with no real intention behind them, and other low quality submissions. If you believe a picture is a good discussion point, we ask that you kickstart that discussion with some relevant information.
  • Text posts must be 150+ words
  • Direct image posts are not allowed for posts with the exception of INSPO, WDYWT, and ART threads
  • Direct link posts (ie. blogs, videos, articles) are allowed
  • All posts must contain the proper [FLAIR] tag in the title so automod can do its thang
  • 'I designed this x' posts are now explicitly disallowed. Too many of these posts are just a paper-thin front for advertising that the OP gets mad at us for removing. Post these threads on /r/streetwearstartup to get some good feedback. If you want to request an exception, please send a modmail.
  • All reviews must be self posts. This is so we get actual reviews, not just pictures.
  • Seriousness of posts will now be more heavily enforced - under rule 2 blatant trolling will be removed
  • Community threads will be regularly posted allowing more community knowledge pooling, and hopefully helping answer some recurring questions
  • Inspo flair added for use with inspo albums.

Backend:

  • AutoMod will now kill LC in comments as well as posts
  • Posts that hit /r/all will receive a stickied automod comment

Rule Changes:

  • Most rules have had their definitions update. Please ensure you have read the full rules

New Moderator:

  • Please welcome /u/kickster777 onto the mod team. He has been actively involved in moderating the discord since it was created and will be a great asset to the team.

If you would like clarification around the reasoning behind any of these rule changes or just want to pledge your allegiance to the streetwear overlords please feel free to do so in the comments.

Thanks,

/r/Streetwear Moderation Team

submitted by /u/MrRikka
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] classic classic classic

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 09:06 AM PST

[WDYWT] Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 06:48 PM PST

[Discussion] So is the sub just WDYWT only now?

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 11:28 PM PST

My front page is literally just WDYWT. Like, twenty of them in a row. Outfits are cool but they get pretty boring, I came to this sub for discussion, streetwear news, and inspiration. I didn't start coming to see a small group of people (the whitelist) post what they wear each day. Sure, I like WDYWT posts, the outfits are cool and all, but they're boring as fuck when they're literally the only content on the sub. ESPECIALLY when the only people who can even post WDYWT are people on a list chosen by the admins. I mean, look at this. There's literally no unique content or discussion on my front page, just a bunch of fit pics. Also, the 150 word requirement seems to be causing all the self-posts to just tank and get like max 30 upvotes, because people have to artifically lengthen their post and make it more boring to fit the arbitrary word requirement, like I'm doing right now. Then, everyone who reads them thinks "this is boring and not concise at all," so they either don't actually read it or they don't upvote it. I get that having 150 words is supposed to make the posts more interesting and thought-through, but a lot of them are just people linking to articles or albums that already have their commentary, so putting 150 words into the post itself is pointless.

Anyway all I'm saying is can we just rename the sub to /r/fitpics or smth?

edit: to everyone who just wants to say that my blog is shitty, I already know it is lmao, and this isn't about my blog getting clicks because I legitimately don't give a shit about that, it's about what kind of content I enjoy seeing on the front page.

submitted by /u/thomasdoesclothing
[link] [comments]

[wdywt] America's favorite cookie.

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 05:48 PM PST

[WDYWT] Splatter

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 09:08 AM PST

[WDYWT] All my songs minor, that’s the key to your heart

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 09:45 AM PST

living up to my name

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 09:28 PM PST

[WDYWT] Spending money on jawnz instead of going out for Valentine's

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 09:18 AM PST

elevated lebowski-core (color and wide silhouette inspo)

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 03:55 PM PST

[NEWS] missed this boy <3

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 12:21 AM PST

How To Organize Your Wardrobe | A Guide By Mr. Porter

Posted: 16 Feb 2018 02:07 AM PST

[WDYWT] i've got more demons where that came from

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 06:26 AM PST

[WDYWT] Accidental Cosplay

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 02:25 PM PST

[art] a couple doodles of my outfits, what do you guys think?

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 06:52 PM PST

Hacked the Balenciaga website

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 06:28 AM PST

Teddy Fresh just had their 2nd Drop - What do you guys think?

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 03:16 PM PST

https://teddyfresh.com/

Teddy Fresh is the brainchild of Hila Klein from H3H3. The brand utilizes palewave and skittle colors in the form of unique color blocking to bring out a more playful approach to streetwear style.

The first drop was received pretty poorly on this sub deemed by most as too childish and coming off too strong with the clashing colors.

What do you guys think about this second drop?

In my opinion, I think Hila has definitely grasped a more approachable style with this second drop. The pieces, especially the Sherpa Jacket and the Windbreaker, are still loud but done more tastefully. The cohesion of the color blocking is much better with all the pieces. The cut of the Jacket and Windbreaker are pretty well done displaying a more unique design. I really like the colors of the hats, especially the brown, and the use of corduroy, but I don't really like the the large patch with the two piggies. The sweaters are the quiet pieces of this drop with very simple colors and designs, nothing special here.

Hila has been known to visit this sub every once in a while, so I think she would definitely appreciate criticism from you guys to help formulate and improve her brand.

submitted by /u/CJleaf
[link] [comments]

[Inspo] Images that inspire me (that haven't been reposted 10 thousand times)

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 10:57 AM PST

Decided to try dyeing my shoes. Turned out nice I think

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 09:25 AM PST

See for yourself: https://i.imgur.com/OGPfVwi.jpg

Inspired by this post: here

I really liked the rugged look of the dyed lf1's but wanted some kind of gradient which gets darker towards the back and top. I used some (relatively) cheap Nike court borough lows and four varying concentrations of black dye. I removed the laces and used packaging tape to keep the sole white and nice. The shoes were soaked in each concentration for 10 minutes. Since I don't have a dryer, i let them dry on their own which took around 36 hours or so.

Unfortunately, if you take a closer look, you can see that I couldn't really achieve a fluent gradient. I guest it would work better on canvas shoes. However, when taking a step back I think it looks really nice and just how I imagined. What do you think? Should I dye the laces grey as well or do white laces fit?

submitted by /u/utsBearclaw
[link] [comments]

FASHIONABLE GRAMPA

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 07:18 AM PST

https://i.imgur.com/cshSFCx.jpg

Hello people of the internet, I made some art recently (see above) and I thought it is suitable for this sub. Just a person sitting happily really. I've been happy recently so wanted to do something happy. Maybe you lot think it is cool and enjoy looking at it as much as I did making it hahahahah. Interpret the art as you wish and be sure to let me know if you still enjoy my work. You can also discuss it with me if you like as I am happy to talk about it when I have the time. I am always creating as creating is fun. So I have been trying some other work recently and if you like what you see and that interests you, you want see ma doodles on social platform instagram here: dooooodles

Doot doola doot doo

TLDR; ART

submitted by /u/ozyco
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - February 16, 2018

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 04:14 PM PST

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Add Some Streetwear Flair to My (WIP) Wardrobe!

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 06:22 PM PST

https://i.imgur.com/FUbXgeL.jpg

Hey guys, this is a collage I put together comprising of my current wardrobe pieces. I lean heavily toward Scandinavian Minimalism, and add some splashes of color here and there. I like my wardrobe as is, but I'm a huge fan of certain streetwear fits that incorporate more timeless garments like topcoats and button down shirts with pieces that are more oriented toward streetwear such as sweatpants/joggers. (Ex1, Ex2, Ex3, Ex4, Ex5.) Although not pictured in the example pics, I have a gaping hole in my wardrobe that is the lack of a streetwear sneaker and maybe even some combat-oriented boots. I can't live without a sneaker sharing the Y3 aesthetic. If not that, then whatever sneaker silhouettes the community think I should give a hard look.

TL;DR Recommend some streetwear or streetwear-inspired pieces (garments and footwear) that could be versatile enough to work with at least a good portion of my wardrobe. Go crazy!

submitted by /u/bigjawood7
[link] [comments]

[Art] Wallpaper I Made, Sorry

Posted: 15 Feb 2018 08:25 PM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment