WDYWT - May 09, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

WDYWT - May 09, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - May 09, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - May 09, 2018

Posted: 09 May 2018 01:09 PM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[INSPO] Chillin in nyc and i got the opportunity to share some words with Virgil Abloh about my clothing brand. VERY Inspiring

Posted: 09 May 2018 12:08 PM PDT

[INSPO] still my favourite type lacing shoes.

Posted: 09 May 2018 05:45 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Spring Outfit

Posted: 09 May 2018 08:42 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Spring Serenity

Posted: 09 May 2018 05:08 PM PDT

[INSPO] Korean Fashion

Posted: 09 May 2018 02:01 PM PDT

[wdywt] brooklyn artisan trash

Posted: 09 May 2018 12:20 PM PDT

[Discussion] My Girlfriend's Menswear Thesis Collection

Posted: 09 May 2018 06:18 PM PDT

[WDYWT] really missing Tokyo today

Posted: 09 May 2018 09:02 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] What are some things that should always be avoided in streetwear? What are some things that are essential to streetwear?

Posted: 09 May 2018 02:29 PM PDT

What's up /r/ streetwear. I've been trying to update my terribly nerdy wardrobe for the last few months. At first I was taking some of the inspiration from MFA but a lot of their fits seem to be a little too mature for me since I'm only 18 and they are more oriented to 26 plus years.

So recently I've been taking inspiration from this sub. I like a lot of the palewave and 90s looks on here, and they seem to be common in the area that I live in. But I'm probably among the most fashionably inept people on the planet so I'm looking for things that should straight up be avoided if you don't want to look like idiot.

Also are there any essentials that any one who is looking into streetwear should get?

Apologies for any small gramatical mistakes since I am not a native speaker of English.

Thanks :).

submitted by /u/NaiveParty
[link] [comments]

[REVIEW] FromTheFirst 'Luca' Sidezip Boots

Posted: 09 May 2018 07:26 AM PDT

[Discussion] What does r/streetwear think someone too close to 30 should be wearing?

Posted: 09 May 2018 08:24 AM PDT

I only really wear black. Black skinny jeans, oversized black tee, black hood. I have been wearing adidas originals track pants recently but I caught a reality check the other day of fuck i'm into the second half of my 20s and I still look like way too much like my Myspace self from 10 years ago.

I really dont want to go buy some shitty old person clothes, I still wanna wear mostly black as I just dont like colour I still dont like baggy trousers. I still wanna have a bit of edge to the look, but I gotta move away from teen edge and into a more subtle style I think.

Is there any inspo albums I should see? Is there any individual pieces that I should be picking up? Any brands who are doing anything like what I want?

Should i actually give up on what i want and just wear something else. What should someone in late 20s be wearing that is still streetwear?

Or should I actually just go dig a grave and get my old ass into it?

EDIT - I feel I should clarify - I work in IT and wear everyday clothes at my work. I am not really asking like what suit should I buy or anything. I know my style, and it is monochromatic (mostly black). But sometimes when I'm wearing track pants, a long tee and an oversized hood I think, would I look better if I just aged this clothing 5-10 years. Does changing the hood for a sweatshirt and the tee for a button down make a world of difference? Is there any mostly black clothing styles that maybe have a bit more refinement to them without going mental like techwear etc.

submitted by /u/Doomaga
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] If you had 2000$ to buy clothing for?

Posted: 09 May 2018 05:18 AM PDT

Hey fellow street-wear enthusiasts!, I'm going to university this summer, and i'm kinda of bored of my current clothing (different colored nuanced t-shirts; white, black, navy green and blue, with black jeans primarily)

I'm looking to add some cool items to my closet, maybe some graphic tees, basic pants, you know maybe just some casual COS style items, if you catch my drift

What would you buy if you had 2000$ for clothing? - The more items the better (could easily be H&M, Uniqlo, and smilair stuff) - I'm going for a minimalist, Aesthetically pleasing look - I'm looking for t-shirts, pants, shirts, a summer jacket, shorts maybe some sneakers to add to the fit (not included in the 2000$)

What would you buy? and what should i buy?

Ps. I'm from denmark, so i would prefer items that's available in Europe, so i dont' have to pay a shit-ton amount of VAT on top

submitted by /u/simo110j
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Did Acapulco Gold go out of business?

Posted: 09 May 2018 09:27 PM PDT

I have been a long time fan of AG. I hadn't checked their website in a while, and I wanted to see what kind of new products they have released. However upon going to their website, it appears that it has been shut down. I also went on both their instagram and facebook pages, and the last post from either account was in November of 2017. It's totally possible that they could've gone under, it just surprises me that they would considering their following and multiple retail stores in my area carrying their product.

submitted by /u/MattmanNrobin
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Kith Spring 2018 Lookbook

Posted: 09 May 2018 08:31 AM PDT

[Discussion] Hypebeasts vs Low Budgets; Does Money Really Buy Style?

Posted: 09 May 2018 11:20 AM PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment