"Why I'm never fucking a X again" copy-pasta Megathread - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Monday, May 21, 2018

"Why I'm never fucking a X again" copy-pasta Megathread - Streetwear

"Why I'm never fucking a X again" copy-pasta Megathread - Streetwear


"Why I'm never fucking a X again" copy-pasta Megathread

Posted: 20 May 2018 07:42 AM PDT

We dont want the sub cluttered with shitposts for the next 2 days so post all your shitposts here!

submitted by /u/IAM_SOMEGUY
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Upgrade your gray matter

Posted: 20 May 2018 07:01 AM PDT

[WDYWT] latest cop ��

Posted: 20 May 2018 06:42 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Why I'm never fucking a praetorian guard again

Posted: 20 May 2018 05:04 AM PDT

Alright. allow me to set the forum, I'm in my domus ready for the ride of a lifetime. We're making out, taking togas off, things are moving fast when all of a sudden I hear a, "gimme a secundus." This plebeian moves me off of him and carefully unlaces his "Valentino Garavani Tiresole" as I stand there, butt-ass naked. I'm generally a patient person, I give him tempus, and after what feels like an eternity he gently places his sandals to the side, so I assume we're good to go. I go to take his toga off and he says, "This is gonna take a while, you're not gonna be able to get this off." My plebeian has got on a piece of distressed kith toga and he begins to carefully slide the tapered bottoms over his heels, being extremely careful as to not stretch out the already existing holes. At this point my reserves are beginning to dry up, if this process had lasted any longer I would've showed him the ostium.

So as a small piece of advice to all of you plebs: please wear slip ons and tunics when heading over to your girl's house from now on. Oh, and fuck you Augustus.

submitted by /u/masterofdisguise7
[link] [comments]

[ART] The Fool; Paint on denim

Posted: 20 May 2018 05:31 PM PDT

[wdywt] he has been pet

Posted: 20 May 2018 06:45 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Affordable Spring/Summer Shoe Guide

Posted: 20 May 2018 07:34 PM PDT

Affordable Spring/Summer Shoe Guide

This is just a small compilation of shoes that are good for the spring and summer months. Included is a range of classics as well as some more slightly obscure shoes that will make you stand out.

Sneakers: In the Spring and Summer, the weather can get very hot, and it's likely you're going to be wearing shorts or cropped pants. That being said, these sneakers, for the most part, work for all seasons.

Classics * Adidas Stan Smith (White/Green) * Nike Air Force 1 (White) * Vans Old Skool (Black/White) * Converse One Star (Black/White) * Converse Chuck Taylor 1970's (Black/White) * Reebok Club C 85 (Vintage White) * Vans Classic Slip-On (Black/White) * Reebok Classic Leather Sneaker (White/White) * Nike Cortez (White/Red/Blue)

Underrated * Adidas BW Army Shoes (White/Gum, GAT, similar to Margiela Replicas) * Converse Chuck Taylor 1970's (Natural/Egret) * Adidas Nizza (Off-White/Red) * Puma Madrid Suede (Olive/White) * Reebok Workout Plus (White/White)

Sandals/Slides: Sandals and slides are a great option in the hot months as it allows for maximum breathability, and they are easy to get on and off for the pool or anything else.

Casual Shoes: Shoes that aren't sneakers, but aren't dress shoes, and aren't sandals. They're just, shoes.

submitted by /u/LiamsGameRoom
[link] [comments]

[ART] Teaching myself watercolours, these are my first paintings (Bonus: Acid Rap)

Posted: 20 May 2018 07:33 AM PDT

[Art] Gucci Chunky Sega Sneaker

Posted: 20 May 2018 12:30 PM PDT

[wdywt] where's waldo?

Posted: 20 May 2018 06:56 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Scorpion OTW

Posted: 20 May 2018 06:30 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] What up all - I recently interviewed the founder of an up and coming brand out of New Zealand and wanted to share it with yall.

Posted: 20 May 2018 06:20 PM PDT

Here is the medium link, I can post it below in text as well but the format/pictures will get all wonky.

DLN or Distant Locals New Zealand is owned/operated in NZ. Here is the link to their page if you are interested. https://distantlocals.nz/

Please give me feedback as this is my first time writing an article like this but I want to do more.

https://medium.com/@vincecee/thinking-of-starting-a-streetwear-brand-heres-why-you-shouldn-t-fa55d4511659

Also if anyone here owns a brand or knows a smaller start up brand please let me know - it is super hard to find quality brands as there is a lot of fluff to go through to find the good stuff! Appreciate your help here and give me your thoughts on this article!

submitted by /u/lilbigmeechy
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Thresherwood - A Basic Guide to A Spicy Summer: Concepts to Think About + Mini Summer Inspo

Posted: 20 May 2018 09:49 AM PDT

Hey guys, washed up legend here. It's been awhile since I've written anything about fashion, but I wanted to return to speak about something I'm currently in the midst of. Unbearable heat and suffering. It's so goddamn hot right now any everything I know and love is turning into goop around me. My black cropped pants have turned into void mayonnaise and all of my long sleeves and jackets I'd bury my insecurities into have seemingly disappeared. It seems that I'm onto my last line, something that even fire itself couldn't burn (don't fact check that). Short sleeved clothes.

There are some things that can be avoided, others not so much. For some of us, it's possible to pass through summer with a pair of jeans and a shirt, but for others it's time to strip down to bear essentials, and come face to face with the reality that rick owens wasn't built for the heat. I'm going to go top down for what I'd recommend to look for in a nice summer wardrobe. This isn't a heavy to do list, but rather ideas and concepts to keep in mind while making a wardrobe. I'll leave an inspo or two down below, however.

ESSENTIAL IDEAS:

Summer is heat. Summer is the long day spent doing nothing, maybe hanging around with friends and playing video games, or being lame and going outside. Summer has always stood out to me as a vast empty space, where it's only what I make of it. The lack of responsibility, the deafening heat, the long nights to only wake up at 3 pm the next day. Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but Summer has a bizarre quality that schooling / working doesn't create. I've never enjoyed them as the lack of structure tends to make me all fritzy, but I think that is really represented in the fashion. Think about the lack of direction, the spaciness, how easy it is to get lost in all of it. The warmness in the air and in the clothes and attitudes, and how casual everything is. Save the fits that blow everyone out of the water for the Fall and Winter, where things are way more serious.

HATS:

I'm not really a hat guy, but I have respect to those who can rock one. My bulbous head doesn't really agree with the shape of a baseball cap, but one thing my dome can rock are bucket hats. It's slowly growing here in the US, but bucket hats are back in full swing in Asia. the week I spent in Korea over spring break only solidified my feelings about my bucket hats and I think they can look great if you wear one right. Too be honest, it's just like wearing a standard cap, you need to count for colors and fabrics matching, and if you choose to have a design make sure it doesn't rock the boat of your fit. Buckies look best when they're not the defining piece of your outfit, rather they're the bummy uncle that just happens to be there, and when you see it you're like "Really? I guess that's a thing" and the feeling is wonderful.

As for actual baseball caps, a standard dad hat can work. There's nothing very experimental or wild about one, but you can use it to add color or flair to an outfit in desperate need of some spice.

Hats can be a nice addition, but make sure the balance is there somewhere in the mix.

SHIRTS:

This is the part of the article where everything gets super subjective and ultimately your tastes will bring you to wear you want. A shirt is such an abstract concept. You could really go in a million directions with one and still land somewhere. Obviously for graphics I'd make sure that it's something that I like, want to represent, maybe it has a nice color scheme. But at the end of the day it's just whatever catches your eye. I'm a capitalist pig that really enjoys his brands, so shirts that have a cool logo for something I'm interested easily catch my eye. If you're aiming to look "fashionable", brands that reflect pop culture or gaming are something I'd steer away from. Other things like "Abstract circular logo 2" that you'd find or campy tee shirts are a hard pass from me too.

Another way to get more out of just a plain shirt is the cut. If you're feeling 2016 hypebeast, it's easy to find a scoop tee from a fast fashion store. They're pretty played out and uninteresting but if you have the faith in yourself I'd say shoot for it. Boxy tees are also another option, but often times it ruins your proportions without proper caution. There are short sleeved collared shirts that I rock, it can really add some depth and I personally like the dichotomy between the a dressed up collar versus the casual feel of exposed elbows. Also, somewhere in the nebulae, exist casual collared shirts. They exist in the negative space of Tyler the Creator, and I think they're phenomenal when you completely go against the grain to what I said. They're peak anti-fashion, and you can find a million and one suitable ones at your local thrift.

There are a bunch of other ways to splash interesting looks, including colors (which I wrote a guide on for the /r/streetwear publication, coming soon(™)) and other accessories like fanny packs or if you're feeling wild, rocking a chest rig.

PANTS:

Sike, I'm talking about shorts. Let that wagon HANG boy. Your chicken legs have no safe space here. In all honesty, I love shorts. Something is so liberating about them. And while they're nowhere near as versatile as their longer counterparts, you have a few ways to make it more fun.

Color, again, can be a saving grace. Warmer colors and neutrals can add way more flair to an outfit, and avoiding darker neutrals are a given in this weather. Personal favorites of mine are green, grey, yellow, and clay. My entire pants stash is uniqlo and i'm not ashamed. Great quality and they fit perfectly to my body how I want.

Fit is where pants can shine. Personally I think they look best when they're on the slimmer side, especially if they end above the knee as well. This isn't middle school, baggy cargo shorts are a no go, and personally I avoid baggy sweatshorts or jean shorts too. I think skinny jean shorts can work, but the harsh blue doesn't work well with what you'd be wanting to rock in the summer. Not to mention, denim is super uncomfortable in most cases and you owe your thighs the break they've been begging for.

SHOES:

Literally the same as in any other season. Some people will say high tops shouldn't be worn, but if you proportion an outfit correctly it really doesn't matter. Since outfits will almost always been simpler, look to wear more colorful or eye catching shoes since flash appeal goes a lot farther in the heat.

ACCESSORIES AND SOCKS:

Get that chain, get that ring, you have nothing to lose. In a battle between silver and gold I always go silver, but gold brings a warm tone if you're trying to overdose on straight heat in an outfit. For socks, it's another two way street. I prefer no shows, as I have meaty ass calves that deserve to be seen and I don't have any blank long socks. I like to let the shoe do the talking and I think a wild sock pattern can detract from the experience. Make sure to stay on top of color fundamentals when looking and keeping tonnage in mind.

OKAY:

I hope you at least thought about what you're going to wear now. Fashion in the summer is a weird enigma and it's easy to slip into a cycle of a boring shirt and some pants that fit poorly, but there are little fixes here and there can really bring and outfit to life and keep the idea of fashun alive. You owe it to yourself to try to improve at least a little bit this summer.

TL;DR: wdym my BDC tee isn't fashion

INSPO ALBUM

submitted by /u/Thresherwood
[link] [comments]

[inspo]stuff to wear to work

Posted: 21 May 2018 12:02 AM PDT

[Discussion] Cross Body Bag/Sidebag questions

Posted: 20 May 2018 11:53 AM PDT

I really like the look of a sidebag or cross body bag as an accessory, but I have a problem. What do you keep in it? Maybe I just don't own enough stuff. I have a pocket for my phone and a pocket for my wallet and a pocket for my keys. Obviously I could put these things in my sidebag, but then I'll just have empty pockets. On top of that, then I'd just have one giant pocket with all my stuff and it would be less effective for grabbing what I need. I love the aesthetics of them, but I'd feel a bit silly walking around with an empty one.

What do you keep in your bag? Are there any big enough to hold a Nintendo switch? Should I pick up a drug habit just to have something to keep in the bag? Have any of you started a skin care routine to provide contents for your bag?

submitted by /u/georgeclooneynecktat
[link] [comments]

[ART] Vloneliness

Posted: 21 May 2018 03:09 AM PDT

[ADVERT] My Brand's Newest Collection

Posted: 20 May 2018 08:05 AM PDT

[INSPO]Afrofuturism mixes sci-fi and social justice. Here’s how it works.

Posted: 20 May 2018 04:27 PM PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment