WDYWT - May 30, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2018

WDYWT - May 30, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - May 30, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - May 30, 2018

Posted: 30 May 2018 01:09 PM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[INSPO] Capturing people coming home from work

Posted: 30 May 2018 11:11 AM PDT

[WDYWT] wrong shoes for the safari trip but they'll have to suffice

Posted: 30 May 2018 02:38 PM PDT

[INSPO] Lil Uzi Vert's Style

Posted: 30 May 2018 12:37 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Patch Jacket

Posted: 30 May 2018 08:48 AM PDT

[Discussion] Summer Styling Ideas

Posted: 30 May 2018 09:52 PM PDT

[Discussion] Helmut Lang commemorating iconic 1998 Taxi Campaign

Posted: 30 May 2018 06:27 PM PDT

[Discussion] Constructive Criticism

Posted: 30 May 2018 06:35 AM PDT

Hello fellow streetwear redditors,

Recently, I've been seeing a lot of, "this fit is bad" comments on wdywt thread and posts. As a beginner in streetwear and learner, I think it would be helpful to me and others like me to see reason what makes the fit bad. This will help the community learn why certain fit should be avoided, or why certain silhouettes just don't work. Furthermore, this will allow people to explore with fashion because it creates a safe space for people to learn. I hope my message is clearly delivered. Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/Hwro88
[link] [comments]

hot weather simulation will now commence

Posted: 30 May 2018 06:01 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Slides Cutting Toes?

Posted: 31 May 2018 12:35 AM PDT

So I bought a pair of Off-White slides during this years Ssense sale. The slides fit well length wise and width wise. The issue I am having is that the actual "band" part (The part that holds your foot in the slide) is cutting my toes. It feels fine to start out with, but I think the band might be too tight, keep in mind the rest of the slide fits perfectly so this is kind of annoying. The material on the band feels like patent leather, is there any way that and of you have tried to stretch something like this out? The slides that I am replacing don't do this, and they only cost around 70$ not on sale so kind of disappointing on Off-White's part. The slides were only like 140$ so I don't mind if they get messed up trying to make them fit I have other sandals, but would prefer to keep them wearable.

submitted by /u/itsaesthetics
[link] [comments]

[ADVERT] To celebrate our restock and sale, we are hosting a giveaway over on our instagram. Read for more info

Posted: 30 May 2018 11:41 AM PDT

[ART] Custom Vans Sk8 Hi featuring characters from Lion King 1&2

Posted: 30 May 2018 07:57 AM PDT

[NEWS] Nike ‘Fanny Pack’ Benassi Slides

Posted: 30 May 2018 07:01 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] What's this look?

Posted: 30 May 2018 11:13 PM PDT

I wear this look but I never know what the actual style is called. It's like slightly oversized vintage tees tucked under pants with a belt, and doc martens. Sometimes the pants are cuffed.

Kind of a thrift-y look with the tees/sweaters from thriftshops, but it's indie as well in my opinion? It's like I have this vision and idea of this exact style/look but I don't know people who dress like that / have that style

Want to know what it's called, people that wear this look (guys), lookbooks online that have this sort of thing or even whether there's a subreddit for this style. Sorry if this is unrelated to streetwear but it's the closest thing I can find in relation to that type of style

Sorry for blabbering, there's a 150 minimum word count on this thing haha

Any help appreciated!

submitted by /u/green-grapes
[link] [comments]

[INSPO] Styling the Gel Lyte IIIs

Posted: 30 May 2018 04:15 AM PDT

Hey fam, I'm looking to buy a pair of the Asic Gel Lyte IIIs in a nice colorway (I just love the split tongue). Could any of you direct me to some visual inspo? Of fits with these shoes?

They're a pretty basic 90s silhouette but I think a nice colorway (like I've seen white blue and orange) would spice up any outfit. So if you have any personal opinions on them I'm all ears!

I've been wearing strictly black and white (it's kinda my thing lol) for the past few years and I'm trying to open up to colors slowly, so this is my first step. Any advice on that would also be greatly appreciated!

Much love!

submitted by /u/kontorasuto
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Should I make This my New Wardrobe?

Posted: 30 May 2018 12:49 PM PDT

Currently, I have different vibes for my clothing, such as earth tones, monochromatic everything, pastel stuff, I dress how with color depending on how I feel that day. As I have grown, I've decided that I want most of my clothing to be monochromatic. My shoes, and some tees to be what bring the color to my outfits. An idea of what one outfit may look like: white tee, black windbreaker, black jeans, pastel pink vans. I do want to wear things like air Jordan ones, and brands such ass palace or supreme. If you guys have any pieces from any brand you enjoy, link me the ID! I love to find new brands that aren't main stream. I'm also looking into brands that are just starting up. I hope to get some good responses from this community! Let me know what you guys think in the comments on this idea!

submitted by /u/SameBox
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Style tips on transition-to-summer jumpsuits (+ the new W Nike Vandals)

Posted: 30 May 2018 08:07 PM PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment