WDYWT - November 26, 2017 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2017

WDYWT - November 26, 2017 - Streetwear

WDYWT - November 26, 2017 - Streetwear


WDYWT - November 26, 2017

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 12:15 AM PST

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - November 26, 2017

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 12:14 AM PST

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

11/25/17 - Off-White Zoom Fly

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 08:38 PM PST

[WDYWT] New Whitelist

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 05:30 PM PST

[WDYWT] Lunar Exploration Kit

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 03:19 PM PST

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but this was my grade 12 final sewing project which was a gift for my girlfriend.

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 06:37 PM PST

Back to the spot

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 06:49 AM PST

Personal inspo album, because there can never be enough inspo albums

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 04:00 PM PST

[WDYWT] vintage ysl

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 03:11 PM PST

Every men's jacket and coat visually illustrated.

Posted: 26 Nov 2017 02:20 AM PST

I genuinely don't know why I bother. Why do you bother? Is your interest in fashion worth it?

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 04:48 PM PST

I dress for myself, to give off the impression I want to give off. I also dress to look good, to be appealing, to look attractive. Neither of the two require me to wear expensive clothes. I don't have to wear a Haider overcoat and BV chelsea's.

Maybe for the latter, but bar the obvious of having clothes that fit and look good on you, certain girls are attracted to guys who appear to have an interest in fashion, and yet a CK sweatshirt would work for this.

I wear expensive brands for myself, I bought Common Projects because I did not want to settle, I wanted to have that specific shape, that design and I could not find it elsewhere for cheaper.

But sometimes it feels like I am just buying into consumerism. I mean most fragrance adverts give off the notion that you will be more suave, cooler, more attractive, you'll essentially be a sex symbol for the time you wear it. To an extent colognes do make you more attractive, so do more expensive clothes have the same effect? Wheres the cut off in price?

For clothes it's a designer, you buy into what he/she is portraying, what the clothes give off, quality and too and extent to show you're interest in the subject, that you care for your appearance.

But other than the interest in fashion, buying designer shit does not really seem worth it. I mean you buy €500 boots and you have to watch out for puddles.

Even in terms of attraction, if you were to shop from River Island, Topman, Zara.. Girls would think 'oh he looks good'. Most girls or guys don't care. I was looking to buy a pair of SLP boots, my brother said 'people don't notice the brand of boots, buy a Canada Goose jacket'.

It's not even flexing on other guys. Guys who are interested in fashion where I am from wear super skinny jeans and NMD's. Most just wear Adidas half zips and skinny joggers, some hoodies.

Most people I know wouldn't know what Saint Laurent jeans look like, but they could call you a plethora of names for spending that amount of money on them.

What are your guys opinions on it? I mean if you want a pair of Saint Laurent Wyatts, they are expensive, no one knows what they are other than that they look good (but at the same time chelsea's would probably be more appealing to a larger audience), are they really worth it for you to know 'I've got Wyatts on, that's the boots I wanted, they look how I wanted them to look with the rest of my clothes'.

If you're out to attract girls, you could buy an entire fit (maybe multiple) for the cost of one pair of boots.

In terms of quality, ok they will hold up better but there are cheaper alternatives that hold up quite well too (Loake etc, which you can find for dirt cheap used).

So. In your opinion, is it all worth it?

submitted by /u/seanf999
[link] [comments]

A Kind Word on Steady Hands Customer Servive

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 06:19 PM PST

Earlier today, the Racing Pants I ordered from Steady Hands Apparel arrived, and it seemed like it wasn't made correctly. I emailed Wesley (the owner?) and he got back to me in <15 min, and he gave me a guide to figuring out what, if anything, was wrong. I did some measuring and fitting and realized/remembered that I actually had an injury that fucked up my leg, and that it was my leg and not his pants. I laughed for about 5 minutes at how retarded I am, then emailed him back. I offered to write this, and here we are. This was after there was a miscount in the original thing I ordered, and he offered my a size change or refund as well (I took the size larger). 10/10 customer service.

submitted by /u/q1_a3
[link] [comments]

My Streetwear parka (OC)

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 02:08 PM PST

I saw some pretty nice Raf parkas, but I don't have the funds for that so I made this with a thrifted parka and some iron on papers. I think it came out pretty good for my first time. What do you think?

https://imgur.com/a/g9M9G

submitted by /u/Will12239
[link] [comments]

What fragrances/lotions do you use to smell better?

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 09:37 PM PST

I want to start smelling better even though I currently use Versace Eros. Any advice? I just want to walk up to people and make them be like, damn this little nigga smells so good mmhm

submitted by /u/cawos
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Black Friday shopping was a success

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 04:26 PM PST

Hypebeast Survey

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 01:41 PM PST

If anyone could fill out this survey on Hypebeasts for a class project analyzing this audience that would be dope

https://goo.gl/forms/aL3dUFS2jbZ2MKir1

Thanks!

submitted by /u/hannahfarache
[link] [comments]

Kith x Moncler collab revealed by Ronnie

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 10:15 AM PST

Do you remember any outfits that you once wore that make you cringe now looking back?

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 02:31 PM PST

what did you guys cop for black friday?

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 09:54 AM PST

links are always appreciated :)

submitted by /u/Wreksa
[link] [comments]

"BLEACH" + Off White x Nike Blazer Mid

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 03:05 PM PST

What are some clothing styles did y'all have when you started to get into fashion?

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 09:11 AM PST

IMO a person style is changes as time passes. Age and lifestyle reflects how a person dresses. When I started getting into fashion I wore the hoodman uniform because I had hoodman friends. White af1s, baggy levis (or Roots trackpants s/o to my Toronto mans) and a Tommy Hilfiger windbreaker and topped it off with a fufu Louis belt. Eventually I started to look into fashion forums and inspo albums and the journey of my style went off from there. How did y'all dress when you started?

submitted by /u/TaiganAntix
[link] [comments]

Favorite plain quarter socks?

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 10:13 PM PST

Do NOT buy from DSRCV!

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 11:34 AM PST

Most of you know that they buy from Ali/taobao and re-sell it, however, this is not why I'm furious with them. The reason I use them is because they state that their shipping takes 1-3 days if you pay for express.

This is not the case, I have waited 3 weeks for mine, not a single word. They ignore all my messages on every social media platform, they ignore my emails. I give up, £50 wasted on joggers which i'm never going to get. Joke of a 'company'.

submitted by /u/KendrickRK
[link] [comments]

Pants inspo?

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 05:18 PM PST

I'm kinda bored w/ skinny jeans and joggers all the time, wanna branch out and wear something different, hopefully nothing too $$$. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/arooon
[link] [comments]

Bottoms help!

Posted: 25 Nov 2017 11:44 PM PST

I have a terrible choice when it comes to bottoms. Any bottoms that can go nice with yeezys/pharrells/ubs/nmds? Help a brother out. Gladly appreciate it guys!

submitted by /u/Chainman555
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment