WDYWT - October 17, 2017 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

WDYWT - October 17, 2017 - Streetwear

WDYWT - October 17, 2017 - Streetwear


WDYWT - October 17, 2017

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - October 17, 2017

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Took apart two vintage levi's jeans and made a jacket

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 04:54 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Birds

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 06:50 AM PDT

A-COLD-WALL* / Nike Air Force 1 - Releasing October 21st

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 09:14 AM PDT

[WDYWT] copped a grail, icon pullover

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 09:36 AM PDT

Swedish prince having Yeezy shoes on

Posted: 18 Oct 2017 03:52 AM PDT

Calabasas Sweat Short Recall?

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 06:51 PM PDT

AIME LEON DORE - Fall/Winter 2017 Lookbook

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 08:37 PM PDT

How I got into streetwear. (Warning: Long Story)

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 07:30 PM PDT

Mac Miller. 2011. Long story. But I'll make it as short as possible. Throughout my Sophomore and Junior years of high school, I was pretty depressed. Just hopelessly depressed. And I feel like many go through this at this age. So I'm sure I'm not unique. But I was certainly one of those to go through this. Everyday was a drag, as depression can make it. You just wake up and don't like the way you feel and don't like the idea of going out into the world to do anything. It is just a weight that hangs on your soul, that gives you this pit in your stomach every time you think of it. I was a junior in high school. Beginning of the year. My friend in German class asked if I had heard of Mac Miller. He handed me an earbud with the KIDS mixtape playing. I listened for a second, didn't give it a chance, handed it back to him and said I didn't like it. That was that.

7 more depression filled months pass. I see he is listening to that album again in class. That day, I decided to give it another shot. I went home that night, downloaded it off of DatPiff, and listened to the whole thing. And then I listened again. And again. And again. I was hooked. I don't know what it was, but his music made me feel something I hadn't felt in years. Genuine positivity. Consistent happiness. I didn't know what was going on. But his music was having an effect on me. This was one week before Best Day Ever was set to drop. I followed Mac on twitter. I watched his every move on social media. Retweeting him and emulating him. That whole week leading up to the release of BDE, I wasn't depressed anymore. I was looking forward to the release so much I was just happy. I couldn't describe what was going on. The day BDE dropped, I was exstatic. I listened to it all day and night. And the next day I woke up. And felt something different in my chest. The feeling was not waking up with depression. It had seemingly evaporated. Somehow, this positive music. This Thumbs Up movement, cured me. I wasn't depressed ever again. To this day. And that senior year, I started emulating Mac's fashion. I bought all the clothes I thought he might wear. I then formed my own style. And things changed for me. I lost 65 pounds. Girls started to notice me. My confidence was through the roof. I was wearing cool clothes I worked hard for. And I was happy. And I still am, 7 years later. I love street wear. I love standing out. I love being different. Mac Miller thought me how to be me. And I think that's why I became so happy. I went from sport shorts and a hoodie day in and day out, to vans, sneakers, jeans, tees, haircut proper. It was a transformation. Thanks, Mac. Thank you so much.

Change your attitude. Find things that make you happy. Be yourself. And drag yourself into a better life. You can do it! All it takes is one little thing. Like a guy who raps with genuine positivity to change your life. Find that thing.

submitted by /u/BatmanWearsPants
[link] [comments]

Gum sole on Yeezy 350 v2 Semi Frozen Yellow

Posted: 18 Oct 2017 03:12 AM PDT

Anyone else's style seem to change faster than they can keep up with?

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 01:51 PM PDT

First post so let me know if I goofed

Since browsing/lurking this sub and being more aware of streetwear in general my style and interests have changed several times in this past year. I've gone from preppy highschool (think American eagle), to athleisure, to hypier stuff like supreme, to now closer to earthtones and looser fits. My wallet can't keep up. I'm guessing this is common for most people when they first get into streetwear or just not basic highschool stuff but at this point I have lots of clothes/shoes I don't wear and not a lot for the style I'm going for. Just wanted to see what people's opinions are of finding a style and how to keep up when they change their mind.

submitted by /u/funnyguynumbertwo
[link] [comments]

Thrifting in the UK?

Posted: 18 Oct 2017 01:59 AM PDT

So I see everyone here talking about thrifting but can you do it in the UK. We have charity shops here and all of the stuff in there is just old man clothes so where would I find good finds?

submitted by /u/GotBitchesGetMoney
[link] [comments]

You can now officially buy/sell Supreme on StockX!

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 09:21 AM PDT

Anyone know what time the ASAP rocky x guess collab is dropping?

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 04:53 PM PDT

i know it's on the 19th, i just don't know when

submitted by /u/fsupreme
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Kith Fall 2017 Lookbook

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 10:49 AM PDT

Which artists are your fashion/streetwear inspirations?

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 04:42 PM PDT

There are a lot of artists that has good style out here. Who are you checking out for some inspo? Also, what artists has the worst sense of style you have ever seen?

submitted by /u/manlikebalo
[link] [comments]

Best white shoes/sneakers $100-120?

Posted: 18 Oct 2017 02:42 AM PDT

Never owned a pair of white sneakers as I'm not sure if I can pull it off since I have dark (essentially indian but darker) skin.

Anything but Stans unless you can convince me.

submitted by /u/vix0
[link] [comments]

What are some expensive brands that manufacture in sweatshops?

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 05:37 PM PDT

Personally, I can't stand it when companies make their pieces for extremely cheap and then sell them at insane markups. I wanted to compile a list of brands that do this for people like me who don't want to give these brands money. A few I can think of off the top of my head are Y-3(Thailand), Palace(Mauritius), Polo(China).

submitted by /u/TurkishSwag
[link] [comments]

Best sweatpants?

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 09:44 PM PDT

Getting colder so wanted to get some discussion on sweats

submitted by /u/Continentalbrigade
[link] [comments]

What is your ideal fit/style for your jeans?

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 08:18 PM PDT

I was wondering what you guys thought of my fairly new jeans. The jeans are the acne max stay cash and i got them tapered to a 5.5 leg opening.

https://imgur.com/a/USIx1

submitted by /u/Maximilianpro
[link] [comments]

Best quality “fast fashion” store?

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 08:28 PM PDT

I designed 5 Supreme x The North Face Nuptse Jackets that are more exciting than this weeks release

Posted: 17 Oct 2017 02:26 PM PDT

Hey guys, the title pretty much says it all. Check them out here on my blog: http://pastseason.co/here-are-5-supreme-the-north-face-nuptse-concepts-inspired-by-previous-collaborations/

Instagram: http://instagram.com/PastSeasonCo

Let me know what prints you'd like to see!

submitted by /u/-hayden
[link] [comments]

Searching for an app

Posted: 18 Oct 2017 03:53 AM PDT

Im searching for an app where you can put in a route in a city like NY. And you get the hottest clothingstores showed up.

Thank you

submitted by /u/Pablo_the_Creator
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment