WDYWT - March 16, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Friday, March 16, 2018

WDYWT - March 16, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - March 16, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - March 16, 2018

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 05:15 PM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - March 16, 2018

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 05:14 PM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[wdywt] tfw your outfit costs $4000 and you only use it to walk to work

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 10:30 AM PDT

[WDYWT] absolute unit

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 07:55 AM PDT

[WDYWT] casual

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 01:43 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Stack the corduroy

Posted: 16 Mar 2018 02:01 AM PDT

[Discussion] Are your Friends into Streetwear/Fashion?

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 07:12 PM PDT

Mine are not. Like one of them will wear 11 Degrees, SikSilk and those spray on skinny jeans but that's as close as it gets. I mean even in college I know of one guy who's into fashion and he's a model.

Every other guy wears Adidas joggers a t-shirt from Primark a random hoodie and whatever shoes.

Jeans are reserved for nights out, I've been called out for wearing jeans to lectures (not in a bad way but "oooh has someone got a date!?")

What do your friends think of how you dress? Mine don't known about brands so unless I wore some Gucci they'd be none the wiser.

It's weird when wearing jeans and a tucked in t can make you stick out so much.

submitted by /u/seanf999
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] orange pants

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 09:11 AM PDT

[INSPO] Embroidery/stitching/patchwork album

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 10:02 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Roxy | No Brand | GAP | H&M | Belmondo

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 09:44 AM PDT

[NEWS] Kanye West's Clothing Companies Sued for Camouflage Ripoff

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 12:53 PM PDT

[Review] A timeline of Kanye West’s styles

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 12:21 PM PDT

[Art] My First Attempt at Marbling Fabric

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 09:14 PM PDT

Mason Plumlee's AMA has been cancelled today

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 11:32 AM PDT

Sorry to let you guys know so late but his agent just told us that his Coach is holding the team at the facility for tonight's game. We are working to re-schedule the AMA. Thanks for your patience

submitted by /u/IAM_SOMEGUY
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Had an Architecture Presentation

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 06:42 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] We Swapped Styles and Dressed Like Each Other | PAQ EP #21

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 06:55 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Purchased an Illegal Club Camo Puffer Jacket from ASOS that was missing the faux fur ruff attachment for the hood. Need help and solutions!

Posted: 15 Mar 2018 06:46 PM PDT

Back in early February, I saw this jacket from the ASOS online website that had a discount sale going on and ended up finding this jacket in medium size:

http://www.asos.com/illegal-club/illegal-club-puffer-jacket-in-camo-with-faux-fur-hood/prd/8352894

Apart from the brand 'Illegal Club' which I never heard of before (and originates in Paris from what I could find), the jacket itself looked amazing.

Not only that, it was the last one available in the store so I took a chance and snagged it quickly fearing it would be gone the next day if I decided to set it aside.

The jacket itself, from the long brown lining on the shoulder/sleeves and the borg outer collar -- the main attraction was the large fur ruff on the hood which stood out the most and best of all, could be detached so the jacket was compatible for both cold winter and cooling spring weather climates.

However, I actually did not know the fur ruff could be detached at all, which I'll get to further down in this post.

Anyway, I liked the outfit so much that I ended up searching for all the entire set the model was wearing that was not listed (Although I'm not sure I'm allowed to directly list them since it could fall into the advertising rule here)

So I finally received the jacket two days ago with the additional import cost $19 CAD paid (FYI, anything over 90$ AFAIK will get a customs fee for Canadian buyers).

Excited, tearing the sealed bag like a kid again during Christmas day only to be dismayed that the friggin fur ruff on the jacket was missing!

I took a picture to use as reference when I would go about contacting the customer care over at ASOS -

https://i.imgur.com/tdFtGBs.png

As you can see, the hood has 5 buttons on it that is supposed to attach the large fur ruff. Though design wise; I could see how easy it could be to snap off compared to Superdry like their Chinook jackets for example, they are fastened with loops AND buttons.

Panicking, I ran a list of things to do in my head:

  • E-mail and chat with ASOS customer care representatives to see if they could get me a replacement

  • If ASOS couldn't help me, try to find Illegal Club and contact them directly (They are primarily a French clothier based in Paris and only have a french language website I found later)

  • If neither options worked, I would be forced to purchase a separate fur ruff online and then send it to a tailor to get it sewn and altered without doing too much damage to the original state of the jacket hood which already has unique sized button holes that only fit for that specific fur ruff. I ended up going with this option for now

Not to reveal too much information and long story short, ASOS could only offer me a full refund on the condition I send the faulty jacket back, but no way in hell am I doing that. Although, they went out of their way to give me an offer to pay the full tailor cost which was a decent solution.

Illegal Club had yet to e-mail me back after several business days, probably because they couldn't read my english response to fully understand my situation or they aren't as active as they once were.

ASOS no longer lists them as a participating brand in their website and the only items they have left are 3 pieces which are all discounted just like my jacket.

So right now, I come here to divulge my long, annoying but probably superficial to most--situation. I was hoping perhaps I would get better solutions here as well as a possible answers for some questions I have:

  1. How much would it generally cost to get a tailor sew/alter a faux fur ruff attachment onto this jacket hood?

Here is what the fur ruff I purchased off eBay looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/tiKZ6E5.jpg

It's not exactly like the original, but the best one I could find that was consistent from the same ebay/amazon store vendor and seller. It comes with their own buttons and loops to attach to your jacket which I have no clue what it looks like just yet.

I also had the crazy idea to ask the tailor to remove the front side lining flap of the jacket that has 5 buttons, and then attach it on the fur ruff so it would be compatible with the buttons on the hood, but I'm not sure how butchered the jacket will look like in the after effect.

  1. Does anybody clue or info if Illegal Club is still active? They still run their own website with with only shirts on sale.

  2. Does anyone know anything else about this jacket? Perhaps seen it somewhere else online that is on sale? So far, ASOS was the only vendor selling this jacket that I could find and now it is completely out of stock as well as unlisted on the website.

  3. Any other possible solutions to replace my fur ruff on this jacket hood?

Any help or info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks all (I hope I'm following all the rules here, first time posting on this subreddit)

submitted by /u/YEG-780
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment