WDYWT - March 20, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

WDYWT - March 20, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - March 20, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - March 20, 2018

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 09:11 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Outfit challenge #15 - Black & Navy | 20/03/2018

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 02:09 PM PDT

THIS IS THE WDYWT THREAD SHARE YOUR FITS HERE


Rules:

  • You have to wear garments that are clearly in the colours of black and navy. This can be one piece which is both or a black tee with navy chinos, as long as your fit includes both colours
  • You have to own all the clothing on you. No dressing room pictures
  • All rules of WDYWT apply, including points towards whitelist

Announcement thread

Some inspo

Remember, this is not a competition, but rather for you to challenge yourself and experiment with your wardrobe

submitted by /u/ImWaaal
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Vintage Gore-Tex™️

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 06:12 AM PDT

[wdywt] Milsurp meets appropriation

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 01:43 PM PDT

[wdywt] spring break 2018

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 01:47 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Light Colors

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 08:49 AM PDT

[WDYWT] grim reapin and creepin

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 10:37 AM PDT

[wdywt] first day of spring

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 05:43 AM PDT

[Art] One of one handpainted and bleached denim jacket made by myself. What do you guys think?

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 12:47 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Doubles

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 05:27 AM PDT

[Inspo] I get my daily dose of streetwear inspiration from the guys on this list.

Posted: 21 Mar 2018 03:11 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Twilight.

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 08:07 AM PDT

[INSPO] /u/midnghttt's Spring/Summer 2018 Inspo Album™

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 08:44 AM PDT

Album Here

music to go with it here

Key notes:

  • Lots of shorts, loose pants, and cropped trousers still prevalent. Pretty centralized point of my style and not going anywhere any time soon. (also your boy confident in his thighs so gonna be on my flower boy shit 2018™)

  • Tyler the Creator and Childish Gambino (Because the Internet era) pretty prominent here. I've always liked the oversized sweater + shorts look.

  • I like the way Sean Wotherspoon styles those 97/1 Air Max of his, seeing as most of the fits I'm seeing with em are pretty bad. (....I better get a pair or fashion is over for me as a whole).

  • Chunky sneakers and low tops still the way to go.

  • Still a good amount of muted tones.

  • Hawaiian/Rayon shirts in full fucking force.

  • Gonna need some oversized t-shirts this spring someone help

Enjoy!

submitted by /u/midnghttt
[link] [comments]

Kim Jones is the new Artistic Director at Dior [NEWS]

Posted: 21 Mar 2018 03:15 AM PDT

[Discussion] Streetwear defined. What is streetwear? What is not?

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 07:51 AM PDT

(WARNING: PERSONAL OPINION)

As of late, I've found that many posts on this sub have been straying from my perception of what streetwear is and into something different.

 

Streetwear (as defined in the sidebar) is a fashion movement that combines elements of countercultures around the world with modern street style.

 

The key part of this definition is modern street style. How is that defined? For me, modern street style is a style that strays from the norm and incorporates tasteful splashes of cultural expression which originates from the street itself (skater, goth, cyberpunk, and hip hop culture to name a few).

 

In the past few months, the tonal, color blocking, cropped pants, dad shoes aesthetic has taken off on this sub, but it is not streetwear. It doesn't represent the street in the slightest. The whole origin and development of the look comes from fashion designers, and runway shows. Moreover, it's a culture founded on aesthetics alone and does not represent any greater theme or motif. I personally do not have any issue with the look, and in fact I think it's very visually appealing, but it does not represent street culture (or any culture really) and does not belong on r/streetwear.

 

What are your thoughts on this?

submitted by /u/xsweatpantsx
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Streetwear subcultures

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 05:09 PM PDT

Hi /r/streetwear,

For one of my school's big projects of the year, I decided to do it in streetwear, explaining its history, significance, brands, etc. The part that is hard for me to research are the various subcultures inside streetwear. Google searching the question did not seem to give me an answer, although Casually Explained's video on men's fashion did seem to help a little bit. I have asked the streetwear discord server about this and they've said there are a countless amount of subcultures, but I was wondering if you guys could share any of the more popular subcultures and what types of clothing are usually worn to fit the type of genre of that specific subculture? What seems to be the most popular subculture in your opinion? There also seems to be multiple definitions of the word "streetwear" itself. How would you define streetwear?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/_yungjeezy
[link] [comments]

[News] JW Anderson x Uniqlo SS18 collection

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 06:44 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Geoffrey / Raf / Craig / Rick

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 09:00 AM PDT

[Discussion] Colorful Fleeces?

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 01:40 PM PDT

I've been seeing this trend more and more online, with fashionable people whom I respect, and even w/ skater style (my brother) but I haven't been seeing any of it on this sub. I'm talking about colorful fleeces, sweatshirts that have zip up turtlenecks, etc.

Why don't I see it on this sub? Is it streetwear? Is it ugly? I'm interested to know your thoughts.

P.S. I've only been into streetwear for like a year, so if it was one of those trends that was around a couple years ago and took a while to hit the mainstream, then I am definitely unaware of it.

submitted by /u/tdawgthefirst
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] 5 minute Survey on Scarcity in the Sneaker Market- help me with my Senior Thesis!

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 10:41 AM PDT

(Repost from /r/sneakers) Hey /r/streetwear, my name is Nick. I am a Senior Marketing major and I am currently working on my honors thesis paper as part of my last semester. I decided for my thesis I wanted to conduct research on the effect different types of scarcity have on consumer preferences in the sneaker market. (For example, the difference between a sneaker that is rare due to only being produced in small numbers vs a sneaker that is rare because it was popular and its stock was bought out). The research requires participants to have a basic knowledge of high end sneakers and how scarcity works, and I thought /r/streetwear would be perfect for this. I have linked an anonymous survey that shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes to complete. If you guys could take the time to fill it out I would greatly appreciate it. Let me know if you guys have any questions/ comments/ concerns about the research. Thanks in advance! Link to survey

submitted by /u/Igboing
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - March 20, 2018

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 09:11 AM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] The best adidas Yeezy Boost 350 colorways (so far) Poll Included!

Posted: 20 Mar 2018 10:40 AM PDT

http://stylestreet.co/best-adidas-yeezy-boost-350-colorways/

Good read about the best colorways to release so far. My personal favorite is the Belugas and Blue Tints. I feel like people hate on them because they weren't as hard to get, but the belugas really go with almost anything!

Many sneakerheads and Yeezy followers alike don't know that Kanye West originally designed a shoe for Adidas in 2006, but it never came out. The first brand to officially collaborate with Kanye West and have a shoe line was Nike. This collaboration lasted for five years and a total of three sneaker styles were released. In 2013, after the release of the famed "Red Octobers" Kanye West left Nike.

There is also a poll included so that you can voice your opinion on your favorite adidas Yeezy Boost 350 colorway to release so far.. Let me know what you guys think, is the 350 something you have in your rotation?

submitted by /u/DeGalbo
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment