WDYWT - March 18, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2018

WDYWT - March 18, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - March 18, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - March 18, 2018

Posted: 18 Mar 2018 01:14 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - March 18, 2018

Posted: 18 Mar 2018 01:14 AM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] the uniform

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 11:54 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Jameson

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 05:06 PM PDT

[WDYWT] It's simple but I liked it

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 07:12 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Green shoes for St Patrick's day

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 01:17 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Gradients, so hot right now

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 08:22 AM PDT

[INSPO] Timothee Chalamet inspo album

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 03:29 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] How to differenciate minimalism from unoriginality?

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 03:49 PM PDT

hey guys,

i got this one a few times in the past days. i'm a pretty minimalist guy, i like monochrome colors and my wardrobe is pretty basic. i care 10times more about fit that color, and actually i genuinely dislike loud pieces.

i want to know how can i tell if a) i'm a tasteless, unoriginal piece of crap or b) i'm minimalist?

i have 3 exact same pairs of nudie skinny lins, all black ofc, also allblack vans n jordans across the board. my most loud pieces are my goddamn supreme tshirts and hoodies, i tend to top them with a black tnf or a grey coat. sometimes i throw on a flannel or a cap but i have no loudness in those either.

is this a bad thing? i only felt awkward about this when i thought that maybe people think that i wear the same jeans every day but other than that i was fine until i got into a conversation with a guy the other day about this.

what do you think? where is the line?

submitted by /u/Magicbena
[link] [comments]

EU vs. NA Streetwear [Discussion]

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 12:22 PM PDT

*EU vs. NA Streetwear *

As I got over being a hypebeast and started to find my own general style, I started looking at the main differences that I see from NA and EU streetwear. Let me start off by saying that this is just based on what I see on Instagram, Youtube, Twitter and etc. I also want to say that I do live in the United States so I do lack a lot of knowledge when it comes to the european streetwear scene. Looking at youtube in particular, there is a huge difference in style between the popular european streetwear youtubers like the unknown vlogs, magnus, or sangiev compared to na streetwear youtubers like Harrison Nevel, Blazendary, and etc. At face value, NA streetwear is more in tuned with the hypebeast culture while European streetwear is a lot more diverse. This got me looking deeply into the cultural differences between NA and EU. Culture is very important because it is one of the main factors that dictates the streetwear culture of ecah specific region

Culture is the basis of a lot of things when it comes to society, but how does it affect streetwear? Let's start off by looking at NA culture, NA is very capitalistic in nature. EU is also capitalistic in nature but not as much as NA (especially the United States). EU on the other hand is made up of many different countries with many different cultural backgrounds making it hard to make a general idea of EU culture.

NA being a consumer/capitalistic society is the reason why hypebeast culture is the forefront when it comes to NA streetwear. In hypebeast culture the most important thing is clout. People want clout because it shows that you have a high social status. In capitalism social status is used to stratify the people. The people on the top, who have the most clout are composed of the rappers, celebrities, and athletes. These are the fashion Icon's of hypebeast culture, which is why certain brands are hype and are not. Balenciaga and Gucci are "hyped" because rappers are on that wave right now, brands like undercover or haider ackermann are not as "hyped" because rappers don't really wear those brands as much.

EU on the other hand is very diverse when it comes to it's streetwear. When you look at the influencers in social media, there is general consensus on certain brands like RAF, Prada, Balenciaga and etc. but not as cutthroat as NA streetwear. The main reason for this is EU is made up of different countries so different countries will have their own distinct style, Gosha would be a good example because it is a distinct type of look that is popular in eastern europe. Also, EU's fashion icons are different to NA. NA fashion Icons are people that have a fashion background but it's not their main focus (rappers, celebrities, athletes) while EU fashion icons are mostly centered on the designers themselves. Europe is a big hub for high end fashion in general, with places like Paris, London, and Milan. This also kind of helps diversify the streetwear scene in EU because of the many different designers which they can take inspiration from.

Overall I think that culture dictates a lot of things when it comes to society itself and one of those things is fashion, but let's not forget that we are still talking about people here. It's not that black and white. NA is the front runners of consumerism but EU still display similar tendencies like chasing for clout and just the overall the importance of social status (EU hypebeast also exist). Also, I am just looking at what is portrayed in social media meaning hypebeast culture is the most popular because it is the most marketable. NA does still have a lot of diversity when it comes to streetwear it's just that hypebeast culture catches the most views.

Me just talking here. I always wanted to make Streetwear kind of content, I thought that it would be in the youtube realm but honestly I am not passionate enough to go all in on that. I do still love fashion and streetwear in general, I have a lot of ideas in mind that I do want to act on. I hope that posting on R/Streetwear would be a good medium for me to just say some shtuff. I tried to make this not look like too much of an essay, put a little bit of memes here and there but that's something that I will work on. I am going to be posting more and more in here, any type of criticism is much welcomed.

Plug time Instagram @bmanbruh (I use to post photography stuff but I like streetwear more so I am going to post more streetwear stuff!)

submitted by /u/BmanBruh
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Garments you've bought that you were disappointed in, and garments you fell in with

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 10:45 PM PDT

Im sure most of us have bought something that's been really hyped up and once you've bought it, you were disappointed in it. Whether it be the quality, realizing the hype got to you, or it ends up in your closet never to be worn. What's something that you bought that fits in the category?

In addition to that, what's something you've picked up and fell in love with? Whether it was something cheap where you surprised with the quality or fit, to something you'd be wanting to pick up for a while.

Im personally guilty of this, kind of. I can't currently afford most of the stuff I do want to wear, but a couple years back I would buy "hyped" items and end up not wearing them or just try to resell them. I did have a couple of outerwear pieces I picked up that I completely fell in love with, that I still wear to this day.

I hope this will give an insight to you all on some brands that might not be worth it, to products that are definitely worth.

submitted by /u/theoruss
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] abandoned bunker

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 05:20 AM PDT

[Discussion] Is it okay to wear Bandana with Jeans?

Posted: 18 Mar 2018 01:00 AM PDT

Hi,

Many clothing brands sell bandanas such as Represent, Amiri and so on..

What do you think about these styles? Here's some examples: 1) https://mikeamiri.com/products/bandana-keychain-black-1 (as a keychain) 2) https://representclo.com/collections/accessories-ss18/products/silk-bandana-floral 3) https://twitter.com/texpatriate/status/697902194176237568 (around leg below knee) 4) http://i.imgur.com/7uV0ObU.png (around leg below knee) 5) http://tokyofashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/TK-2016-06-26-010-001-Harajuku-600x900.jpg (around thigh)

As of me I want to try it with my Represent denim

submitted by /u/vladimircode
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Good Golf Le Fleur fits?

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 11:28 AM PDT

I recently bought the blue Golf Le Fleur Converse and I realized I barely own any colorful clothing (most of my closet consists of earthy/dark tones). I would try to just wear clothes like Tyler but I don't think I have enough confidence to pull off his outfits (or enough money lol).

How would you guys wear the shoes? I've seen people try the look in many different ways from embracing the colors and also wearing colorful clothing to wearing all black and letting the shoes pop out. Personally, I've only worn my Le Fleurs when I'm wearing a blue top of the same shade (but even that gets boring eventually). I know a lot of people say to wear Golfwang but I don't want to stick to just one brand.

Anyone got any good fits/inspos for Golf Le Fleurs or shoes like them? Doesn't necessarily have to be the blues, I'm just looking for some inspiration.

submitted by /u/FrostyShlong
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Chrome Hearts + Other Rings

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 10:09 PM PDT

Does anyone have experience with Chrome Hearts jewelry? If so, how did you acquire it, how much did you pay, any regrets, etc?

I don't particularly like the apparel they put out, but I do enjoy the jewelry. From a value perspective, I don't think they're worth it. For a sterling silver ring, it is well-overpriced. I have gold rings that I bought for nearly the same price. From a design/asethetic point of view, I really enjoy the style and would wear multiple rings at a time/ across multiple fingers.

I know they offer gold rings, but I would assume they're significantly more expensive. Finding information online about the brand is a little difficult.

Also, open to other suggestions. Have seen Werkstatt mentioned in other posts.

submitted by /u/anthonyngu2
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Virgil Abloh – Unoriginal or a marketing genius?

Posted: 17 Mar 2018 10:17 AM PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment