WDYWT - June 12, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

WDYWT - June 12, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - June 12, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - June 12, 2018

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - June 12, 2018

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Yall Ever Just Duplicate?

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 07:34 AM PDT

[ART] Custom Luminous AF1

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 04:44 AM PDT

[NEWS] David Lynch sells tees on Amazon now

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 04:44 PM PDT

[INSPO] Young Thug's Insane Style

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 10:47 AM PDT

[INSPO] East Van skate-wear / (ig: @seasonsofeastvan)

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 09:16 AM PDT

[Inspo] A SERIES OF COLOURS 001

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 08:36 AM PDT

[WDYWT] it's pretty much my favorite animal

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 12:04 PM PDT

[INSPO] Whole Lot of Inspo

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 09:49 AM PDT

[NEWS] @Diet_prada calls out Virgil once again for "copying"

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 01:38 PM PDT

[NEWS] Rimowa x Fendi Version 2 Revealed

Posted: 13 Jun 2018 02:16 AM PDT

[wdywt] its sneezy season

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 09:08 AM PDT

[WDYWT] when the rodeo is at 5 but you got BBT at 6

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 09:28 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Let's talk eyewear

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 01:51 PM PDT

I've started this thread because there were two things that I have been thinking about for a while now.

1. Non prescription glasses

As someone who never had to wear glasses the things always interested me. Many times I have considered just buying a pair and rocking them to see how they worked but never pulled through. Now I finally did for presentations etc. because in those situations they simply work.

Now my question is: Do you think non prescription glasses are acceptable? I've tried my pair on and really like them but I really do not feel comfortable wearing them because of people judging me (I normally can't be arsed about this) and feeling like I'm disrespecting people that actually need their glasses.

2. Sunglasses

I'll keep this section a little bit shorter. I rarely see sunglasses in the WDYWT fits so I was wondering if you guys like wearing sunglasses and if so, which ones? I am personally a fan of them but I have this mental image of a pair which I am desperately looking for and can not find

Feel free to discuss anything else about eyewear here by the way

submitted by /u/BoredSausage
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Has anyone ever made or thought of making new-wave-inspired pieces?

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 04:36 PM PDT

This might be a very basic and obvious question to some of you but I thought I would still post it. I have recently gotten into French "new wave" cinematography from the 1960s and 1970s I realized some of those old movies have great aesthetics. Some of the main directors that you may have heard of are Godard, Truffault and Demy. Beyond the new wave, I am genuinely curious as to the influence (if any) that cinematography has played in fashion. Except for the Supreme "Taxi Driver" tee, I can't really think of a piece that was inspired by older movies.

I think some of it would go great on some jackets and tees. Has anyone (on this sub or larger fashion labels) ever released some pieces inspired by the French new wave movement? or for that matter by any "old" movie movement? Anything involving Film Noir for instance would be really cool.

submitted by /u/nickhunna
[link] [comments]

[NEWS] Adidas Yung 1 - Where and When to Cop

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 07:54 AM PDT

[Discussion] Cross Body Bags / Sling Bags

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 12:27 PM PDT

So I've been noticing these kind of bags a lot now here in the LA area.

I think it's super cool they're popular because I absolutely hate holding my keys, wallet, etc etc in my pockets and always having to feel my pockets to see if I dropped anything.

This brings me to a few questions:

  1. Where do you guys get your fanny packs / sling bags / body bags?

  2. Thoughts on these bags? How do you wear em? If you have any inspo please feel free to post them, I'd love to take a look.

  3. I see some really cool retro FILA and Nike sling bags but I can't seem to find them anywhere, any help is appreciated.

  4. Are these bags more of a techwear trend or can they be worn with anything?

  5. What do you carry in your sling bags? I was thinking of having my phone, wallet, keys, and maybe some mary jane in there (but I don't want it to stink).

submitted by /u/Overdope707
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Air Force 1 Low fitting?

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 09:31 PM PDT

Hi everyone. First time posting here. I am looking at a pair for Air Force 1 Lows and I haven't worn/tried/owned them before and I can't find appropriate sizes in shops to try them on because they virtually don't have my size anywhere (UK11.5-12).

I've only really ever worn Adidas sneakers because I have relatively broad and flat feet. The current NMD primeknit that I own is a UK11.5 and I also own a pair of Pureboost which are UK11.5 but I think a 12 would've fit me a bit better.

In this case, can any advise me on what size would be good for me to get? I understand AF1s are TTS, so I was thinking of getting them in UK12 but I'm not sure if the shoes are narrow or broad. Just hoping to get some opinions.

submitted by /u/leslienggg
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Is KYC Vintage still scam?

Posted: 12 Jun 2018 12:40 PM PDT

I have heard that KYC Vintage is a scam, but all of the posts and comments are about 2-3 years old, so can anyone tell me if KYC Vintage is still a scam? I know he is still in business. He uploaded a few pictures today on Instagram about up to 75% sale. I have also heard that KYC Vintage takes about 7$ per tee for delivery even tho it all gets delivered in one box.

I just think that since every post is like 2 years old, he might have become better over the years. He has a litte over 100k followers on Instagram. I think much of the stuff he is selling is great, but maybe its too cheap to be true.

I am asking you because i dont want to waste my money on anything even tho its cheap.

Extra question: I am interested in vintage, second hand clothes and thrift shops, so can you please recommend a few good shops. Preferably online but everything is alright...

submitted by /u/BaconGris
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment