WDYWT - June 17, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2018

WDYWT - June 17, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - June 17, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - June 17, 2018

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 01:12 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - June 17, 2018

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 01:12 AM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Mushi-shi

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 03:55 PM PDT

Beeline (aka sharpie bees) shirts are open for pre-orders! [advert]

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 10:26 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Supreme? ✅ Cropped pants? ✅ DIY sneakers? ✅ Must be entry level streetwear!

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 02:34 PM PDT

[Art] I painted an octopus holding the planets on a jacket.

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 01:16 PM PDT

[WDYWT] un·in·spired ˌənənˈspī(ə)rd/Submit adjective 1. lacking in imagination or originality. "he posts repetitive and uninspired fits"

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 07:37 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Favourite/most useful type of bag?

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 09:59 PM PDT

Pretty much as the title suggests, I've been looking at getting some kinda bag recently to take more stuff around with me on a daily basis. I'm a bit stuck though because I don't really have enough money to be splurging on multiple bags, so was just wondering which bags you guys like the most and why?

I already have just a plain black backpack, but was looking at pretty much anything else ie chest rigs, crossbody, tote bags whatever. Hit me with what type's your favourite and why.

150 word minimum 150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum150 word minimum

submitted by /u/raaaag
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Current place of Ultra Boosts

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 03:45 AM PDT

Where do you guys think that ultra boosts currently sit in streetwear? I hardly see any fits on here with them anymore, has the move to more of a dad shoe killed the relevancy of the Ultra Boost? I've been thinking of getting Triple white 3.0s for running and obviously for fashion reasons but if they're dead I'd look for a better value running shoe

150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150 words 150

submitted by /u/Cocaine_Concierge
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Fuck Siberia Hills

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 09:17 AM PDT

After waiting nearly 6 months for my order from the last drop (valentines days) i have received a letter stating I must pay a further £28 in custom charges. This is on top of the original shipping charge I paid to Siberia Hills

Some other customers have said he hasn't shipped their orders from the beginning of December

I have ordered dozens of things from the states and not once had to pay import VAT and clearance fee

I have emailed them asking if they would cover the costs but given the fact I received 0 replies since February I doubt I will get anywhere

Do I have a leg to stand on as far as a consumers rights go?

submitted by /u/cousinz
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Bootleg Aesthetic new wave??

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 01:26 PM PDT

Has else anyone noticed this new wave of bootleg / handmedown / homemade clothes?

I feel like it is in direct contradiction to tech-wear, Off White, minimalism, and box logo wave that in my opinion, displays little to zero creativity and is very stale.

Examples off the top of my head are:

~~~~~~~~~ Kanye's Wyoming & Kids See Ghosts merch Online Ceramics Shia LaBeouf style normcore John Mayer tiedying his balenciaga shirt ~~~~~~~~~

I really fuck with it.

Any other examples? Thoughts?

Also fuck the 150 word minimum. Also fuck the 150 word minimum. Also fuck the 150 word minimum. Also fuck the 150 word minimum. Also fuck the 150 word minimum. Also fuck the 150 word minimum. Also fuck the 150 word minimum. Also fuck the 150 word minimum. What is this English Class..?

submitted by /u/DjUnifish
[link] [comments]

[Inspo] Joji

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 08:20 AM PDT

[INSPO] Jerica Lilly wearing Kappa

Posted: 17 Jun 2018 02:34 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Info about Off-White and Virgil's style

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 12:10 PM PDT

You guys are going to have to excuse my lack of design knowledge on this one. Off White has a very distinctive style. I don't know how you would define the style exactly but I am essentially talking about vibrant designs that have very minimalist paragraphs or sentences such as "summer 2018 c/o virgil abloh". It often reminds me of arts posters and events posters. The idea of writing besides a design or making the design minimalist and complex is really cool and I would love to see more of it, not necessarily from Off-White. Any info of this type of design? Any ideas of brands that do anything similar to this?

submitted by /u/nickhunna
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] which ozweego CW is more versatile

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 10:43 AM PDT

Which pair do you think is more versatile the black/purpleones or white/black

Basically I'm stuck trying to decide between the two and the pros/cons of both CWs

Now apparently this sub has a 150 word minimum for text posts(seems pretty steep tbh) so I'm just gonna fill up space talking about how great this news shit Kanye's been doing is. Literay all the album's have been a hit and I'm excited to see what he can do with Teyanna Taylor.

submitted by /u/Hebs811
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] 5 panel cap patch

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 11:04 AM PDT

Hi r/streetwear,

Noob question for ya. Im buying a blank 5 panel cap to put on (the front) a patch to my liking, but I can't really find the dimensions Im looking for. Non of my friends have one and walking to store just to measure a hat is a bit weird and unpractical. What is the maximum width and height for a patch if I want a just a small margin of like a centimer on all sides?

It's for own use only, just want something unique and make it my own. Maybe put one of those old school punk patches of a band I like on or something like that.

There must be plenty of experts here that can help me with this question I have here

Not really sure what to add more, this sub has kind of a funny 150 word post rule.

Thanks a lot.

submitted by /u/Captain_Bacon67
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Availability of CDG Play Striped Long Sleeves in Tokyo?

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 04:21 AM PDT

Hi guys,

Me and my friends are leaving for Tokyo in a few weeks and I've got a bit of a dilemma. I know CDG is cheaper in Japan than it is in the UK, where I live, however I'm not sure what the availability is like in Tokyo or how easy it is to cop the striped long sleeves in Japan given that they are one of the iconic pieces they do. I'm a size XL and I'm not sure whether that makes it any easier or harder to cop in Japan.

I know there are a few CDG play pop ups and there are a few stores that people tend to visit because they often have restocks; but do you think that I'm better off copping in England despite the increase in price just because of easy availability, or do you think I should buy them while in Japan?

I kind of want to take some pictures with them on in Tokyo and Kyoto which is why it would be ideal for me to buy some now or buy some there rather than buy some when I get back if they don't have any in stores we go to in Tokyo.

Would love your input on this one guys, cheers.

submitted by /u/elite_snooper
[link] [comments]

Hollister [discussion]

Posted: 16 Jun 2018 12:00 PM PDT

Obviously this sub is focused on the forefront of streetwear, the movers and shakers of the style, etc.

I'm curious to hear opinions about Hollister. Yes, it's a mall brand. But in that context, I'm curious to hear thoughts on their standing in the community. They seem to be playing into streetwear trends recently.

After all, streetwear is penetrating into high schools and most kids can't drop $160 on a new hoodie at 11AM on a Thursday. Or maybe they're from the Midwest and supreme and bape could be seen as flashy.

Are they bringing the trend to a mass market? Does that bother you? Would you wear anything from the brand?

I'm just curious to hear thoughts and opinions. Have you seen what the brand has been doing? Is it worthy? Would you buy a branded piece?

Out of the mass market retailers, they seem to be getting into the trend and I am liking what they are doing, even if I'm too old to wear it myself.

submitted by /u/Seamushein
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment