WDYWT - August 07, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

WDYWT - August 07, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - August 07, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - August 07, 2018

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - August 07, 2018

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Real men wear pink /s

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 07:08 AM PDT

[WDYWT] running on cigarettes and la croix to get through the day

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 04:30 PM PDT

[WDYWT] sitting on a cornflake

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 07:30 PM PDT

[NEWS] X-LARGE/DBZ Pastel collab

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 02:39 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Fuck Big Pants

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 07:21 AM PDT

[Discussion] Cheap streetwear brands

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 06:14 AM PDT

Steady Hands - Steady Hands have made a name for themselves with high quality cut and sew pieces with an emphasis on colors.Their line consists of everything from slides to jackets, all with very minimal branding. Having been around for a fair bit, they're a bit more well known than other brands on this list and have a great reputation all around reddit and instagram.

Check them out: http://www.steadyhandsapparel.com/

Sleepy Boys Club - Sleepy Boys Club sort of lives in a gray area between chillwear and streetwear. As the name suggests, Sleepy Boys Club is clearly intended to be worn in relaxed environments with a relaxed ensemble. The designs are minimalistic, but still maintain a certain uniqueness.

Check them out: https://www.thesleepyboysclub.com/

Neighbors - Their lookbooks speak for themselves. Neighbors is the sort of stuff you can wear with no effort and look good wearing it still. Kind of on the opposite spectrum from the Sleepy Boys Club in terms of aesthetic on a lot of their pieces. They're actually dropping new stuff tomorrow crazily enough.

Check them out: https://www.neighbors-shop.com/blogs/collections

Honorable Mentions:

CORP INC: https://www.corpincclothing.com/

God Hood: https://www.godhoodnewyork.com/collections/all

Father Fox: https://store.fatherfox.us/

submitted by /u/LordFrakington
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Why don't Japanese streetwear brands use Japanese text?

Posted: 08 Aug 2018 03:57 AM PDT

I've noticed all the japanese street wear brands I know of are in english... Bape, neighbourhood etc

Why is that?

Why don't they use their kanji/ alphabet as much?

Or is it because my internet searches are in english only english brands show up?

I'm pretty sure by now language isnt a barrier for style so, I'm surprised no brands in other languages have more noise.

submitted by /u/Nightsky19
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Hakata Ikkousha is better than Daikokuya, don't @ me

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 10:27 AM PDT

[Discussion] What Will Riccardo Tisci’s Burberry Look Like?

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 03:05 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Don’t yell at me I’m a Pisces

Posted: 06 Aug 2018 05:30 AM PDT

[Discussion] Helmut Lang Re-Edition

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 04:00 PM PDT

Helmut Lang has been re-releasing more archive pieces on their site, such as the Cowboy Tee, Bulletproof Vest, Bondage Jacket, etc. It seems that a lot of people are unhappy with this since it will probably affect resell prices and overall value. When I owned a pair of '99 Painter denim during the time the re-edition version released, I was still getting a lot of offers since more people prefer the originals. Personally, I think this is great for a lot of people who are unable to afford the original pieces once the price drops. But, I wanted to see whether others dislike what Helmut Lang is doing or support it.

submitted by /u/isolatedhero
[link] [comments]

[NEWS] Patta x Appelsap Festival Football Shirt

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 04:15 AM PDT

[INSPO] STONE ISLAND - Fall/Winter 2018

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 05:49 AM PDT

[NEWS] 'Buy My Sh*t at Barneys, B*tch!' A Recap of YG's First Fashion Show (YG's New Clothing Line "4HUNNID")

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 09:06 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Has anybody ever had issues with ordering from PARADIS3 online?

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 07:38 PM PDT

This is such bullshit. I ordered a sweatshirt from their website on June 7, and up til now I have yet to receive anything from them.

I've sent them countless emails and the only reply I got was "I will check with my shipping guy".

Also, the sweatshirt I ordered is now no longer available on their website. FML

submitted by /u/geraldcheong
[link] [comments]

[ART] DEBUT COLLECTION OF FOOTWEAR MADE IN MARCHE, ITALY

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 01:49 AM PDT

[ART] Had a crack at designing and printing

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 07:27 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Zip-up hoodies

Posted: 06 Aug 2018 08:16 PM PDT

I don't know if its just me, but I've seen a lot of zip-up hoodies in modern day streetwear. They just look bad to me, though. I honestly have never seen one of them and thought it nice looking. The silhouette always seems the same and the zip gets in the way of graphics (in most cases I've seen some that work they're way around this). I also just find hoodies with certain details like maybe a side bag to look best on its own rather than having an additional zipper in the middle. Feel free to comment pics of nice looking zip-up hoodies to prove me wrong. In the meantime they all just look bad to me.

submitted by /u/sliptart
[link] [comments]

[Review] CRAZY LacedUp $250 BAPE *HYPEBEAST* Mystery Box

Posted: 07 Aug 2018 10:59 PM PDT

[ART] A friend drew my outfit a while ago

Posted: 06 Aug 2018 04:57 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Favorite Instagram accounts that don’t post Instagramcore outfits?

Posted: 06 Aug 2018 03:01 PM PDT

I'd like to follow more streetwear-related Instagram accounts, but no matter how much digging I do, I find it incredibly difficult to come by accounts that post outfits I actually like. I like a lot of what's posted here, and I follow quite a few users I found through /r/streetwear, but I'm still looking for more.

It seems like the vast majority of streetwear-related Instagram accounts are a little, uh... over the top? overly trendy? too hype-focused? for my tastes. Like, everyone just posts the same million-accessory outfits that are all built on top of the same rotation of pieces by Balenciaga/Off-White/whatever hype brand it is this time and it bores the shit out of me. So: any suggestions for accounts that might be a little more original/interesting? I'm really into minimal outfits, but I'm eager to check out anything that isn't just straight-up Instagramcore.

Edit: Thanks, y'all. I've followed a bunch!

submitted by /u/VeteranBore
[link] [comments]

[NEWS] Travis Scott Merch Day 6 Live

Posted: 06 Aug 2018 11:20 AM PDT

[Discussion] Investing on a designer piece

Posted: 06 Aug 2018 03:04 PM PDT

So I've been lurking on this sub for about a year now and I have kind of found my own style. I usually wear air forces with straight trousers and a hoodie. In those clothes I feel super confident. I think it's finally time to invest on an expensive piece.

I've been eyeing the ozweegos in a cream/black colourway for the last month, Now that i've saved up enough money to afford them I'm kind of hesitant. Is it too late to buy them since everyone's been rocking the ozweegos for a solid year? I dont want to be the guy who jumps on a trend too late, you know. Do you think the ozweegoes will still be in style a year from now? Since they are a big investment for me I want to make sure i get enough wear out of them.

Thank you for reading and sorry for the horrible formatting, I'm new to posting on reddit. Any help would be appreciated regarding my question <3

submitted by /u/yeezzuss
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Nature is for Boomers and Hippies

Posted: 06 Aug 2018 09:00 AM PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment