[WDYWT] The Absolute State of Streetwear - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Monday, April 23, 2018

[WDYWT] The Absolute State of Streetwear - Streetwear

[WDYWT] The Absolute State of Streetwear - Streetwear


[WDYWT] The Absolute State of Streetwear

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 05:11 PM PDT

[Art] One of many photos I took at a construction site for my friend.

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:23 AM PDT

[ADVERT] Alex's Stupid Shirts

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:30 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Guilty Parties, sippin on boba

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:09 AM PDT

[wdywt] Alexa, play the album Pulse Demon by Merzbow

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 04:44 PM PDT

[NEWS] PAQ x Highsnobiety | Who is the Best Dressed Youtuber of 2018?

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 11:35 AM PDT

[INSPO] Purple, yellow, pink, and blue. A personal album of colors [BRIGHT colors]

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:31 PM PDT

[WDYWT] a very cozy sweater

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:08 PM PDT

[WDYWT] I bought a really big mirror for my backyard just for this photo.

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:04 AM PDT

[Advert] Inspired by dark forests and strange creatures - Mushroom Trail & MOOD shirts!

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 09:41 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Spring Vampires

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:53 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] What’s the worst outfit you can possibly design?

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:50 AM PDT

Title says it all. Design the worst outfit you possibly can. You have to be careful to nail just the right amount of "bad," though, so it doesn't become a "so bad it's good" fit that people could wear ironically to look "artsy" and "avant-garde". Nope. Just plain, vomit-inducingly bad.

Here's mine:

Shoes:

Not even a question. We have to go with this absolute classic. It's a beautifully terrible shoe and I wouldn't even consider anything else.

Socks:

No socks. Just wearing the shoe over your barefoot. Let that smell fester to spice up the fit.

Pants:

While doing some searching I found these work shorts. I don't even know what else to say. Just look at that color combination! 💋👌Mwah! Bonus points for getting it like 6 sizes too big so they reach your ankles.

Shirt:

This one is literally the perfect combination. A my little pony shirt, referencing an outdated meme. It is a known fact that my little pony shirts automatically make you 20% cooler, so I even went the extra mile to find it in red so the color clash with the pants will hurt your eyes.

Outerwear:

I had to go with the classic under armour hoodie. To be honest, you could probably do worse, but I see these everywhere where I live and I'm convinced they are the devil incarnate. I made sure to make it neon green for maximum color clash.

Hat

Do I even need to say it? Of course it's gonna be a fedora. Not the classic neckbeard trilby-fedora, though. People are expecting that. I'm going to take it a step further. I had to bring out the Indiana Jones-style classic The style clash between this and everything else is so magnificent you might fuck around and reach nirvana.

So that's my worst outfit I can possibly design. What's yours?

submitted by /u/sleepingonstones
[link] [comments]

[INSPO] HOW TO STYLE YEEZY 500 | 3 Outfit Ideas

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:15 AM PDT

[INSPO] 5 Men’s fashion flat lays - streetwear included - found on Pinterest

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 12:21 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] How is Instagram Affecting Streetwear and Hyped Trends??

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 06:50 AM PDT

Hey Guys,

So recently on YouTube I've seen a lot of content regarding the rubbish content appearing on their explore page. As my Instagram is 90% following and engaging in pages regarding either streetwear, fashion and sneakers I wanted to have a look at what type of content Instagram is pushing to me to view.

And well it wasn't good, and if your account is similar to mine I think you'd understand what I'm talking about.

So Ive spent about 4 or so month trying to figure out how the Instagram algorithm works by watching videos and reading articles and looking at engagement groups and hashtags ect, trying to grow my own account. I have also spoken to people who are in the streetwear scene also trying to grow their account or their new streetwear brands account with no luck.

And I think that it is sad though because their are a lot of great influencers and designers out there regarding streetwear posting real quality content frequently but it's never reaching out to their intended audience as it is always over shadowed by these spam accounts who trick the algorithm.

So basically I did an over look on these accounts and did a comparison to a user who I think has really great content, as I tried to pick apart why these accounts are getting so much promotion through Instagram. If you want to check it out here is the link to my channel,

https://youtu.be/MM97RlAXXug

But anyways, it's not that I dislike Instagram, I actually really like it. Apart from YouTube and Reddit it is probably one of the better social media platforms out there especially for streetwear and fashion content. So for small designers and people looking and trying hard to grow their personal brand it'd be really nice to see their content featured rather than all these spam posts.

This is just my 2 cents on the issue and I hope Instagram comes around and see how some people are abusing the current algorithm. Let me know what you think of the whole situation and is your explore page the same?? And/or are pages you follow getting pushed away due to the non-chronological order of instagram now days?? And how is this affecting streetwear??

I feel all this constant push of clothing with high dollar signs next to them is really skewing with people in streetwear as some people now days will only want or hype over something because of its price tag and not what they're actually getting for that price!

Unfortunately my page is full of even more of these spam accounts after looking at them for my video lmao

Anyways thanks for reading this guys, let us know what you think or feel about the situation, and if you check my video and/or subscribe to my channel I really appreciate it!!

Thanks guy,

Peace,

Joshua Daniher

submitted by /u/Joshua_daniher
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Copping Dime in person

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 06:04 AM PDT

Dime has their first drop of the summer at their store this Saturday and it looks like it's gonna be really solid! I really want to cop that dime the gathering tee, maybe one of these sweaters, and a dad cap.

I don't really care about hype shit but Dime is dope and I dig that they're Montreal based. I've never copped something from a hyped brand before, does anyone know how difficult it would be to get stuff at the Dime store? Would showing up an hour early be enough or will the line already be insane at that point? Any sage wisdom about copping hype shit in person? Is there some kind of etiquette I should be aware of?

At this point I'm just bullshitting to fill the 150 word limit, I really don't know what else to add to this post. I've written too many essays recently so even just writing this is killing me.

submitted by /u/played_out_god
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] What are your favorite brands for outerwear?

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 10:03 AM PDT

I am still relatively inexperienced in streetwear and would like to know what brands you go to for good outerwear. So far, brands I like are Patagonia (specifically their Down Sweater), The North Face (specifically the Nuptse, the Denali 2, and 1990 Mountain Jacket), and Carhartt WIP (speficially their Nimbus and their Michigan Chore Coat). In terms of types of jackets, I like puffer jackets, chore coats, shirt jackets, and windbreakers, but I am open to trying new styles of jackets that interest me. My price range is typically under $400 and I try to get good quality for the price. Another thing I look for is usually no graphic prints or super loud branding, as I try to keep it more simple. Anyways, please leave any advice on brands you would recommend to me, or brands that you personally like, along with the specific pieces. All help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/Darth_Larry
[link] [comments]

Weekly Pickup - April 22, 2018

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the Weekly Pickup thread!


If you're looking to show off your newest pickup then you're in the right place! This is a great place to share your newest item/s and get some feedback on how they look and how to wear them.

Remember: you can always submit a review thread if you want to go more in depth!


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Worth it?

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 05:07 AM PDT

I'm going to New York Juli 20-30 and I was planning on visiting some of the hyped stores to see what it's like. And what's a better way to do that then asking reddit? I just want some cool merch and stickers to take home. I'm not really a "hypebeast", I just want to have something from the brands that everyone is going nuts about and to use for cool displays and designs for my room. Is stores like Kith, Surpeme, palace etc. ( please recommend if you know better once) worth visiting at that time and on what day and time of the week is best? Is there even an ongoing season or restocks at that time, because when I was in London in August both palace and surpeme was closed till next season and every second some one came up to the store and was let down as well.

submitted by /u/Zionshoots
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Is Designer Clothing Worth It?

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 05:36 PM PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment