WDYWT - April 24, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

WDYWT - April 24, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - April 24, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - April 24, 2018

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - April 24, 2018

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 09:10 AM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Floral

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 08:26 AM PDT

[INSPO] Tyler, the Creator (40 Images)

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 05:02 PM PDT

[WDYWT] when the warm weather invalidates 75% of your wardrobe

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 02:08 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Warm Weather Wear

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 06:41 PM PDT

[WDYWT] hey colors

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 12:29 PM PDT

[Discussion] Branching out with Wide Pants

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 11:44 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Goyard, LV, Prada, Gucci, Bottega Venetta, etc for Cardholder?

Posted: 25 Apr 2018 02:11 AM PDT

I am currently in Europe (Italy) and considering to splurge on a designer cardholder. I am leaning towards a Goyard cardholder, but does anyone know what their current pricing is in $USD? I am looking at the double-sided cardholder with the middle inside pocket. Is it a huge saving buying it in Europe than in the US? I am also considering other brands as well and wanted to know what your take is, particularly on their quality and utility. Bottega Venetta is 210 euro vs. $250 USD so after the VAT i'd save around $50-$60USD which isn't bad and I dig their simple aesthetics. Maison Margiela is cool given that I don't see a lot of people with it. Are their other brands worth checking out? If anybody has recommendations in Milan let me know! Words words words words words words words words words words words words words

submitted by /u/wtapswtaps
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Picked up a YZY Season 6 Hoodie, fits too big!

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 08:20 PM PDT

It's waaaay too big for what I was expecting.

Preordered the Yeezy 500 Super Moon Bundle last year when it went on sale in November, but just now received the items that I ordered. The shorts are amazing, and so are the shoes, but the hoodie fits really big compared to other similar hoodies that I've ordered in the past. I size up sometimes, and I have in the past with them but this hoodie just takes the cake.
I'd like to find someone to swap sizes with or sell with but not really sure where to look! I usually wear a Medium, dunno why I decided to size up this time. I got it from the Yeezy 500 Bundle, it's a size Large. I can post a pic if needed.

Did anyone else have the same type of experience as I did? Maybe I just got unlucky lol. And if anybody is wondering, the shorts that were included with the bundle are very plush and comfy. Definitely recommend those to anyone looking for some comfortable summer wear.

submitted by /u/FigureFather
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] WHO BE THE CLEANEST RAPPER IN THE GAME

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 08:55 AM PDT

What rapper/musician always keeps it way too clean at all times? There are a lot of rappers in the game right now, and a lot of fresh ass ones at that. There are the obvious choices like ASAP Rocky, Travis Scott, Migos, etc. These are all fine choices, but who takes the Cake with consistently the most heat outfits that makes you wish you had even a quarter of the swag they do. Which style do you prefer? My personal favorite for life are the Flatbush Zombies. I love how they combine their own clothing with what's relevant on top of their own extremely unique twist, such as Zombie Jewice's hair. What pieces do you like seeing rappers wear? Do you prefer them to keep it low-key or do you fiend to see the perpetual flexing? Do you find yourself being inspired or influenced by the freshest in the game? I know I do. What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/liadesignsco
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION]

Posted: 25 Apr 2018 02:43 AM PDT

Hey people,

With summer around the corner, I am looking to refresh my wardrobe with some new tees and shorts for Summer time. And i want to get some cool pieces, which are not too expensive.

Do u guys have any recommendations on affordable streetwear brands which produce cool products? I'm from Germany, so US only brands won't help that much. Thank u so much for the Help!

Last time i tried to post this, it told me that i needed a minimum number of words, so i'm trying to not get this post deleted again by just writing this sentence. I hope i have done enough to not get this deleted.

submitted by /u/theMarlonski
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] GOSHA'S LAST SEASON!? | What it Means for Him & The Industry

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 04:13 AM PDT

[Advert] Designed a cut & sew half-zip. What do y'all think?

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 10:11 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Comprehensive PSA of Poor GRAILED Experiences

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 06:44 PM PDT

Hi all,

I wanted to make a post about Grailed's admin behavior and general staff behavior.

I've been selling on Grailed since 2015, and reselling since 2012. I've sold items to the Grailed staff over the years and have sold items to Grailed that they used in "The Drop." With that being said, I'm at least past the point of novice reseller.

Within the past few months I have built my store with the same items as admins with the exception of items I thrift irl. Yesterday, I emailed help@grailed.com because I noticed my Dior necklaces, Gucci & Fendi wallets were initially being categorized as Grailed then promptly demoted to Core items even though the admins exact same items remain in Grails for months...Admins Davis, Mom, Groupie etc have and do sell LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME ITEM, almost certainly SOURCED FROM THE SAME LOCATION, IN THE SAME CONDITION, POSTED AT THE SAME PRICE, WITH THE SAME QUALITY OF PHOTOS (That I shoot personally, just a white background and blast the exposure like the rest of em) and for some reason mine get demoted to Core.

So why would the admins have all of their items remain in Grails while non-admins get demoted to Core? Maybe it threatens their monopoly opportunity they have going? That'd be my guess. Why else would you demote other users with the exact same items to Core while yours stay in Grails? Why would that be?

How I source is not that difficult. Which is probably half the reason these admins are aggressive about keeping most anyone but themselves in Grails while non-admins get demoted to Core. As you may know, items listed in Grails typically get a hellavulot more views and consequently sales, than items listed in Core.

After sending and email to help@grailed.com I almost immediately receive a message from Grailed admin 'Mom' telling me that I am not a Verified Grailed seller and to remove that wording on my listing descriptions.. I comply and change all my listings to 'Trusted Grailed Seller' instead.

Anyway, in the middle of replying to him, I receive a warning message that essentially states I was trying to conduct transactions outside the website... THIS WARNING COULD NOT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH - MY DESCRIPTIONS LITERALLY SAY "I ACCEPT PAYMENT THROUGH GRAILED ONLY." I took a screenshot and emailed them again about sending an invalid warning. I said feel free to check my conversations, I'm in no way suggesting business outside Grailed. What a coincidence, the same moment I'm inquirying about the admins being shady is the same moment I'm getting shady behavior from the admins. Classic.

Screenshot of warning while responding to "Mom" https://imgur.com/a/OnbDv1u

Anyway, I get my items recategorized in Grails by reposting them myself and hoping they'll hold their initial post status in Grails and day goes on. Next thing I know, less than 5 hours later one of the Dior necklace listings I had just posted was removed. It was the same item I had listed for +1 month prior to my email inquiry. Why was it removed? The email stated because it needs to be "tagged" with username, date and the word "grailed" on it.

Admins are not required to tag their photos...Why is that? Just because they're admins? Not a way to lead by example if you ask me...They require their users to follow certain rules although THEY DO NOT FOLLOW THE SAME RULES THEMSELVES. It's ridiculous.

Now, these string of events happened yesterday (4/23), today, I received an email back from them after inquirying about why admins are doing what they're doing..The response didn't address literally anything having to do with admins, it just said "You're items are posted in Grails."

I will happily post proof of these conversations with mods. Let me know.

Next thing I know, I check my email and see that 6 more of my listings were removed...I wonder which ones.. Without fail the only listings that were removed were the SAME ITEMS THE ADMINS ARE SELLING THEMSELVES (ie: Gucci teddy bear, Dior necklaces, Gucci wallets etc). The removal was again due to items not being "tagged" even though my photos are all original. Of course, they choose not to delete any of the items I thrifted irl or the not as hype items I sell, but only the items the sell themselves.

At this point, I understand they're just giving me a hard time. I'd say they just want to mess with me because they feel like that's the best way shake me up as and go elsewhere or avoid posting items that they post. Either way, Grailed is a platform to buy and sell clothes, and that's what I'm going to do regardless of admin/staff pushback. I want to make all this as public as possible to let users know what I'm dealing with regarding their staff and what to watch out for and why the judgement of the admins is absurd.

The point of all of this is to say that Grailed Admins are bar-none the shadiest employed people I have ever dealt with and their lack of accountability and response to issues is absolutely below standard. Let me know what you think.

TLDR; Grailed admins are aggressively monopolizing markets (Dior, Gucci, Givenchy, Fendi, Undercover etc items) while simultaneously removing listings that compete and falsely accusing competing sellers to push them out.

submitted by /u/138m
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment