WDYWT - April 18, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2018

WDYWT - April 18, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - April 18, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - April 18, 2018

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:09 PM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] Playing with Proportions (and colour hehe)

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:27 AM PDT

[WDYWT] - Winter's over

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:03 PM PDT

[WDYWT] sk8er

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:46 PM PDT

[ART] Custom Coachella Vans inspired by the lineup poster

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 12:01 PM PDT

[ART] Shoreditch Street Look.

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:53 AM PDT

[Inspo] Personal Inspo (Japanese, Dark, Punk)

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:42 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Blooming Day

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:04 AM PDT

[WDYWT] It Takes Just One Brofist To Give A Homeless Pewdiepie A Place To Stay.

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 07:23 AM PDT

[ART] Ad-Vetements Time, come on grab your friends

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 05:05 AM PDT

Will Adidas market torwards Anime Fans or sneaker Heads

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 07:25 PM PDT

[discussion] I need help for a school project.

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 07:09 PM PDT

I'm doing a school photojournalism project that requires me to use photos of things people find meaningful, so of course I went straight to r/streetwear to see if I could find a way to do this project. So, I came up with the idea of using people's fits and/or grail pieces to do this. Hopefully, I'll be able to find different meanings on clothes and shoes that really get me a good grade :). So, if you could take the time out of your day to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. What I need: A photo of a fit or grail piece with some sort of personal significance A brief caption detailing said significance If you choose to do this, thank you very much. This shouldn't take much of your time if you already have a photo, only a matter of sending and describing it. Please PM me for details. Yet again, thank you.

submitted by /u/fikadelic
[link] [comments]

[ART] Toy Block Jordan 1s

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 09:31 AM PDT

[ART] "B L A C K P R I N T" 2018

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:52 AM PDT

[WDYWT] ��️OKA ONE ONE

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 06:32 AM PDT

My take on the penultimate daypack! The Mission Pack [art]

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 11:43 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] No longer inspired

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:48 PM PDT

Its been a good run. I just cant say I give a shit to even take a glance at this sub from time to time anymore.

In the end, all good things die. From Pyrex, Diamond and Been Trill to Fear of God silhouettes to Supreme and Yeezys to DIY/thrift to eventually some really dope shit and then.... to boring, safe outfits and all black/techwear every other picture.

Found a few gems in the mountain of garbage over the years. Safe to say I haven't found anything worthwhile in the past few months. The overwhelming majority of you have decided what stays on this sub, as niche as it is, so I'll let dead dogs lie. What can you do?

Definitely suggest you all take a peek at r/malefashion and see where you're at with yourselves, but as a whole I think the reddit fashion jig is up. ciao

Disclaimer: This post contains opinions

submitted by /u/Jun_J
[link] [comments]

[Review] I'm not from around here, but I was told you guys might appreciate this Legoland Cali hooded bomber from the mid 90s.

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 09:42 PM PDT

I'm somewhat of a LEGO historian, collecting everything from the original wooden LEGO toys from the 30's and 40's, to prototype parts, errors, test bricks, you name it. If it's obscure and LEGO related, chances are I either know about it or have a sample.

Recently I've been looking into clothing released at the various Legoland parks around the world, before licensing came in and standardised every article of clothing to Star Wars shirts and batman pyjamas.

Some of the nicest looking (and also some of the worst) came from Legoland California, under the LL Collection branding. This hooded bomber from 1995 is probably the best piece I've found so far, and I'm in love with it. Even better is that it's in my size!

Most of the LL Collection was pretty great quality, in both the shirts, and also caps, wind-breakers and other outerwear. If anyone here is a LEGO fan; and I'm sure with the amount of people here with disposable incomes, that's a given =P, I would recommend you go out and try to cop some of this stuff. If you're near either LL California or LL Florida, this may be easier for you.

Of course if you ever find anything like this and don't want it, you're always welcome to hit us up =P https://www.flickr.com/photos/bfbricks/

submitted by /u/DerpusDraconis
[link] [comments]

[Review] Picked up 2 cavempt pieces from Notre.. Rebuilding my collection

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:06 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] New Idea for a Clothes Store

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 12:26 PM PDT

Hey Was in the shower the other day and started to think about a clothes store in which the customer walked in , paid a certain amount of money and selected a tier of brands from which to pick bottoms, a top and a jumper (maybe shoes and jacket?) from the brands in that tier. For example, if i were to walk in and pay, say £200 i could pick a pair of bottoms, a shirt and a jumper from Nike, Adidas or other brands in that price mark. Can't decide if this would be a cool idea to open a store with or if it's a brain fart but thought I'd ask this subreddit.

EDIT: Yes, we'd sell clothes outside of the tier system aswell so as not to restricting

submitted by /u/TheGreatRagnor
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] WHAT IS THE MOST OVERRATED BRAND THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT WHEN SOMEBODY BE TALKIN ABOUT HOW HEAT IT IS

Posted: 18 Apr 2018 11:12 PM PDT

Is there a brand that you just can't stand? This is an interesting topic for me because it can reach into ethics, style, celebrity association, audience association, social media posts, and other various fuck shit that you just can't stand. I'm not one to hate too much, but a lot of 'hype' brands that I personally think have some dope pieces just lack that real sense of artistic direction and progression that push the envelope and progress streatwear. Some are too focused on moving units in my opinion opposed to being adventurous, collaborating with artists that deserve it rather a promotional deal. Business is business and I understand that, but when a company assumes the role of producing what is artwork, then refusing to evolve that artwork because what they are currently doing is 'safe' for profit just rubs me the wrong way. What do you guys think? What is something a brand can do that crosses the line in your eyes?

submitted by /u/liadesignsco
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment