WDYWT - April 23, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

WDYWT - April 23, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - April 23, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - April 23, 2018

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 05:18 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

We're the team behind ROKIT and many other projects. ASK US ANYTHING !!! [Discussion]

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 06:36 AM PDT

Hi /r/streetwear,

We're excited to be here! We'll be answering questions as they come in around 1pm pst and will try to get to as many as possible!

About us:

  • Founded by Nico Guardalabene, Bam Barcena and Rionism

  • ROKIT is a brand rooted in duality with the main DNA stemming from the cultural crossover between street skateboarding and street basketball.

  • We also run ground level community and mentorship programs revolving around downtown youth in our office space

AMA about the industry, design, our youth program, building a brand etc!!

Our core collection is available now and we'll be dropping our collab with our friends at PLEASURES today! www.rokit.one

S/O the mods and /u/brthrbnana for setting this up.

submitted by /u/HI_WERE_ROKIT
[link] [comments]

[ART] Recently started to explore my creative side. My first custom piece

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 12:08 PM PDT

[WDYWT] posting fits to reddit to crowdsource my self esteem

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 08:36 AM PDT

[ART] The Feather Head Jacket. A commission I’ve done that has become my personal favourite!

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 09:28 AM PDT

[ART] Tommy Hilfiger Custom hand embroidery and patch work by me. Let me know what you guys think about the shorts and the overall outift!

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 03:29 PM PDT

[WDYWT] no more questions about my glitched face

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 08:57 AM PDT

[ART] We made some skateboards today

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 07:36 PM PDT

[NEWS] Golf Le Fleur “Mono” Collection, Releasing April 26th.

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 02:01 PM PDT

[ART] All Custom Embroidered Jacket I Found at the Thrift

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 06:33 PM PDT

[WDYWT] 04/23/2013

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 08:57 AM PDT

[ADVERT] My brand did our first pop up shops last week with Desus and Mero, and we just added more stock to our website because they went so well. Let me know what you guys think!

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 08:43 AM PDT

[NEWS] Foot Locker Removes Competing Locally Owned Sneaker Boutique From Iowa Mall

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 01:42 PM PDT

[NEWS] UNIQLO x MARVEL Collab 2018 (designed by fans)

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 07:54 AM PDT

[ART] She still gives me Goosebumps.

Posted: 24 Apr 2018 03:25 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] What’s your favorite streetwear subgenre? What defines your personal style?

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 04:16 PM PDT

So I've been browsing this sub for about two months right now, and I'm really enjoying everyone's creative fits and just the community as a whole. Living in Texas, I don't really see that many people dressing differently than jeans, t shirt and plain shoes or more Western. Anyways, I'm in the process of still finding my own personal style. I feel like my ideal style and the way I actually dress aren't one in the same yet. College makes you broke and I'm still trying to experiment with different cuts and styles on pieces and how they look on me, so I'm not quite there yet. My question to you guys is, how long did it take you to genuinely be able to say you have your own style? What kind of subgenres of streetwear have you gravitated towards? I'm excited to hear your thoughts and opinions.

submitted by /u/FridayNightHeat
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] when should pants be short?

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 10:39 AM PDT

Okay everyone, I have a question. I grew up wearing hand me downs but grew dumb fast. So while the waists fit me, all my pants were just a bit too short, not quite covering my ankles.

I always assumed this made me look poor (cuz we were) but now it's in style. I wear 34x34 and prefer pants that stack for comforts sake, like when I sit down I don't want to be reminded of my awkward childhood.

What's the deal? Help me out. I dig the look with some doc Martin's or clunky dad shoes but with slim shoes like converse? Looks wack to me.

I mostly wear addidas flat bottoms, skate shoes, and Jordan 1s. Should I leave the jean folds and short cuts to you goof balls?

submitted by /u/Benjaja
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] What's Your Opinion on Vans Customs?

Posted: 23 Apr 2018 03:02 PM PDT

My custom Sk8-Hi's just arrived and I couldn't be happier, the quality seems good, although I've never seen leather Vans IRL, so I can't really compare quality. The base price for the Sk8-Hi's was $85, but with a material change from canvas or embroidery, its an extra $10. The sunflower pattern looked really nice and I wanted something a little sturdier than canvas so I went with all leather sans the pattern. The online customizer is easily the best custom shoe designer, especially when compared to something like NikeID, the full 3D model is great. There are a few patterns such as the sunflower checkerboard that are exclusive to Customs only. It took roughly 2 and a half weeks to arrive (but around an entire week to decide what I wanted!), which for a fully customized shoe coming from a Chinese factory is pretty timely. If I were to do another pair, I would try and remake the 2015 Golf Wang Old Skools lol.

What are your experiences with Vans Customs? Any quality issues? Interesting designs?

submitted by /u/4jakers18
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment