WDYWT - April 22, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2018

WDYWT - April 22, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - April 22, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - April 22, 2018

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:13 AM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - April 22, 2018

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:13 AM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[WDYWT] holy moley i only have 2 weeks til i graduate

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 02:05 PM PDT

[wdywt] the primary colours are the best colours

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:32 AM PDT

[WDYWT] on my detective shit ��

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 10:13 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Editorial Clothes

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:10 PM PDT

[wdywt] - 04/20/18

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 02:46 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Praying for warmer weather still

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 07:29 AM PDT

[WDYWT] school is a bore

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 10:09 AM PDT

[discussion] outfit help

Posted: 22 Apr 2018 04:05 AM PDT

This saturday, im going out with a girl to bars and restaurants. She's really into streetwear which is out of my comfort zone, so im unsure of what to wear. I've got a pink shirt picked out from her favorite brand. Its gonna be tucked into grey trousers, with some air force 1s. I'm having trouble picking out a jacket to go with my outfit. She might get cold during the night, so I want to have a jacket with me just in case. Any suggestions on color and or type? A windbreaker perhaps? I appreciate any and all help

submitted by /u/Doggo39
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Is there a subreddit for flashy, loud, wild fits?

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 02:53 PM PDT

I've been loving the few crazy and colorful fits that I've seen on this sub, but most of the time, they get a lot of hate from people saying "you're trying way too hard", "that trend died years ago lol stop wearing that", "stop having fun", etc. (And yes I am aware that it's a fashion sub, so people are gonna criticize and have every right to)

Personally I love crazy looking fits with bright, vibrant colors and I think the flashier the better. Especially the kind of shit you see in Harajuku. So many people here are so concerned with being subtle and lowkey or keeping up with current trends that they just don't stand out at all. So I was just wondering if there's a sub for the flashiest fits out there. Even the ugly-looking ones can be entertaining and memorable.

submitted by /u/SkeletonCircus
[link] [comments]

[ART] my embroidered Levis jacket

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 06:33 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] WHAT ARE THE ONE HIT WONDER BRANDS?

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:47 PM PDT

How closely do you associate the creator of a piece or line of clothing? This is an interesting topic to me because of how strategically companies use this concept. For instance everything Jerry Lorenzo touches becomes gold in certain peoples eyes, where there is a obvious tie between the line and its 'creator' or collaborator. On the other end of the spectrum, a streetwear enthusiast may see a piece they really fuck with and may be a popular piece. But they couldn't care less who made it or doesn't know who made it. Who are these one hit wonders because they must exist, but for the life of me I can't think of any specifically. Am I totally tripping and this doesn't exist with anything popular in clothing? Help me out here.

submitted by /u/liadesignsco
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Mixing Rick Owens with DRKSHDW?

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 06:38 PM PDT

Okay, I have a pretty General question I am trying to get an answer to. I have a rick coat and leather boots foot tall or so boots from AW16. I am trying to find some pants that will go good with these.

I have found numerous great pairs of both Rick Owens and DRKSHDW pants that will both look great with the Rick Owens pieces I am trying to Amass and the boots and coat I already have

I am new to rick Owens and I am trying to do my research about what to wear and not to wear with it. I pretty much wear whatever I want for the most part, but I want to know if there are any dos and don'ts that are associated with Rick Owens and with DRKSHDW. ( ex: don't #1 being mixing the 2 in each fit)

Do you normally stick with one section of rick Owens or do you mix? Like for example I am looking to get Creatch Cargo Pants, should I try to find some pants from the main brand instead of going with the DRKSHDW.

I am guessing since it's the same designer it wouldn't matter but I am still new to his clothing. Any comments and help is appreciated. Thank you!

submitted by /u/TylerWestonCO
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] A question.

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:49 PM PDT

I have a question, i'm 20, but i realize that i'm getting older now, and i wonder, how long will i be able to pull off streetwear? here are some examples of how I want my style to be:

https://www.lids.com/utah-jazz-mitchell-ness-nba-jersey-mesh-hook-snapback-cap/20930351

https://www.lids.com/new-jersey-devils-nhl-mens-breakaway-jersey/20950029

https://www.lids.com/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-mitchell-ness-nba-authentic-jersey/20997552

how long could i wear these items? until i'm 26? 32? 36?

submitted by /u/DARTHKILLA
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] How to pack for a festival

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 11:28 AM PDT

Summer and festivals are coming up. What do you guys usually pack for like a 4-5 day festival? This is the first year that we are going camping and not staying in a house w/ my friends so i guess my stuff will get extra dirty and fucked up.

I'm thinking like vans oldskools, a pair of black jeans, 3-4 shorts, non-hype graphic black tees and some flannels. I'd fucking love to bring my hype shit but i'm just too afraid that it will get fucked up, so 1-2 good pictures aint worth the risk for me.

But let me know how ya'll do it, do u bring expensive stuff to festivals to look fly on dem pics?

submitted by /u/poharviz
[link] [comments]

[DISCUSSION] Do you care what people think about what you look/dress like?

Posted: 21 Apr 2018 07:06 PM PDT

This is a question a few of my friends talk about frequently. I've been trying to point my friend to dress better etc. and the main thing that comes up by everyone is "I don't care what people think about what I look like" in regards to their fits (Just a basic skinny jeans, nike grey hoodie, etc. fits. - We've been trying to put him onto different brands and get him to acquire the sauce).

The reason I ask this is because I do care how people perceive me, obviously if you look better in peoples eyes then they're more likely to like you. I also think that it's very hard to not care what people think about you, in the sense that I wouldn't go out dressed in what I think to be a bad fit as when I dress good I feel good.

My question is do you dress more for yourself to express yourself and stay in a fashionable area or just wear whatever you want and honestly don't care what people think?

submitted by /u/1337BBQ
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment