WDYWT - April 27, 2018 - Streetwear | Streetwear

Pages

Friday, April 27, 2018

WDYWT - April 27, 2018 - Streetwear

WDYWT - April 27, 2018 - Streetwear


WDYWT - April 27, 2018

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 05:15 PM PDT

Welcome to the daily WDYWT Thread!


WDYWT = What Did You Wear Today. It doesn't necessarily need to be what you were wearing TODAY. Please make sure you have read the WDYWT rules including information about posting outside of this thread. WDYWT is set to Contest Mode. This means that you will not be able to see the number of upvotes a comment has. Despite this, we still encourage everyone to vote.


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Simple Questions and General Discussion - April 27, 2018

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 05:15 PM PDT

Welcome to the Simple Questions and General Discussion thread!


You know the drill, this thread is up for any kind of discussion, it doesn't have to be about streetwear!

All W2C/ID requests belong in this thread


If you're looking for other ways to interact with the /r/streetwear community, you might want to check out our official social media accounts:

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

[ART] Bite Za Dusto, hand painted by sister

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 06:26 AM PDT

[WDYWT] my outfit

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 11:55 AM PDT

[WDYWT] springy

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 04:59 PM PDT

[WDYWT] is it still streetwear if I haven't worn it on the street yet?

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 11:45 AM PDT

[DISCUSSION] uniqlo x shonen jump coming to the u.s starting 5/7/18

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 06:42 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Jean Paul Gaultier 'cause it match with my persona

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 02:29 PM PDT

[WDYWT] Cappuccino

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 09:51 AM PDT

[ART] My thrift of the week!

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 11:41 AM PDT

[WDYWT] Old Man Works in Office Space

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 08:53 AM PDT

[WDYWT] HOPPED UP IN THE WHITELIST, TURN MY SWAG ON

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 10:41 AM PDT

[wdywt] steady hands sweat

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 12:20 PM PDT

[DISCUSSION] Hypebeast Supermarket Sweep at Round Two ft. Blazendary | PAQ EP #27 | Streetwear

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 01:46 PM PDT

[Advert] I've just released my newest collection from Pearly Whites Clothing with a lookbook featuring /u/voidthealchemist. Link to the full lookbook is in the comments with a reddit discount code :)

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 12:58 PM PDT

[Discussion] Appropriation- Is It Still A Viable Form Of Expression In Art/Clothing Design Or No?

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 12:00 PM PDT

I've been into streetwear/skateboarding/graffiti since the early '90's and my, how these scenes have changed... I'm curious about this group's general opinion on appropriation in art/design. Appropriation has always been a staple of the art involved in these and I personally always loved it. I remember one of my first skate mags had a spread of Mike Carroll skating an early Girl design that was just a plain black deck with the white Playboy bunny w/his name underneath and it just seemed so weird, out of place and so cool at the same time. A similar effect happened when I saw a photo of Mike Hernandez sporting the classic Supreme box logo in a black & white Thrasher ad and it instantly reminded me of the Barbara Kruger artwork I had discovered as a kid years earlier. I also loved seeing small underground Japanese brands riffing on American music and subcultures, logo flips from brands like FUCT. Even though it seems like nowadays you need to put a little more effort into it, I still like seeing random celeb photos or other scraps of popular culture being inserted into bizarre, new contexts and I believe appropriation is still a viable form of expression. Thanks for hearing me out, and looking forward to yall's replies. -Have a blessed day everyone.

submitted by /u/themadprphet_
[link] [comments]

30% Off Norse Projects, APC, Nanamica, Our Legacy and more [ADVERT]

Posted: 27 Apr 2018 01:56 AM PDT

[NEWS] Bodega LA, Carhartt WIP SS18 release event, 04/26

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 09:12 PM PDT

www.carharttwipxbodegala.splashthat.com

I'm really digging all the spring colors in their classic silhouettes. Although I think they overdid their lookbook with all the shoelace belts. All their random gadgets like BBQ grill and ashtray are obviously Supreme inspired but I just love all those little houseware items that lets me showcase my passion for the brand. I've been seeing people around wearing it more lately too, I hope with this growth they open up a store in LA. It's a great change of pace to see some workwear, I get tired of all the casual sportswear/athleisure that's so popular in LA. Also excited to check out Bodega, see how this east coast staple adapts for LA. Sorry if the post isn't very interesting, first time poster, but I want to get more into the streetwear community.

Carhartt was my favorite brand of 2017; over half my wardrobe is Carhartt, any suggestions for brands to branch out to?

Anyone going want to meetup?

submitted by /u/1upLuigi1
[link] [comments]

[Discussion] Lost This Brand feat. pro Anime Artist Collabs, Help Me Find It!

Posted: 26 Apr 2018 12:06 PM PDT

A while back I was looking through Verygoods for ideas and I came across this little indie shop online. I did save it, but my account wiped most of my collection.

Of course, anime has a ton of prevalence in indie streetwear but this stuff was next level. From what I could tell, it was a Japan-based collaboration that featured multiple artists using many different styles (all influenced manga/anime). All of the graphics on the clothing were elevated past that "hey that's cool Goku is on my shirt with the Adidas logo" level. You could tell that the artists poured their effort in to the clothing. The artwork was gorgeous, ranging the gamut of themes.

For the life of me, I have not been able to find the store again (it's not one of the big ones). If anyone has any leads please let me know, I'd appreciate them immensely. I can't recall what shop site hosted them.

submitted by /u/the_shiniest_dratini
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment